Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 12:54 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I support Trump, but I certainly wasn't one of those gleefully making light of the kids. Their parents may have broken laws coming here, but they don't deserve to be separated into cages and left to the mercy of who knows what kind of predators are in that environment.

Sometimes you don't realize what you are doing until you see the results. At least Trump realized there are better ways of handling this situation.
Yes after two months of digging in his heels and when he finally realised there was widespread condemnation and even Republicans turned against him, he suddenly saw the light! Hallelujah!

Old 06-20-2018, 12:55 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
So, the 51 Christians and 46 non Christians who supported separating children from their parents at the border, I hope you had a good think about that.

very notable that the god fearing folk were split 50/50
while the ungodly evil atheists went 2 to 1 against splitting up families (last i looked at those numbers)

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Because the law doesn't say what Trump has been saying it said. You've been lied to. He does that, you know.
Please show me.

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If CBP doesn't have the resources to track the kids so they can be reunited with their children then Trump should put down his GD cheeseburger undo what he did when he invoked this policy, dontcha think?
I'm wondering what policies they have to make sure the tiny kids are reunited with their parents. The little ones may not know their own names, much less their parents's names. If they're moving them around without proper documentation it would be very easy for children to be permanently lost if their parents are deported. It's got to be absolutely terrifying for the parents.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:56 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,003,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Yes, Trump wants to be a dictator. He's so ignorant he doesn't know how Presidents are supposed to function.
Do you mean he should function like the last POTUS did, change immigration law at the stroke of a pen, sign treaties without the input of the Senate.

DACA deals with immigration, guess who is suppose to deal with immigration, yep, Congress Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 of the Constitution, nowhere in the Constitution does it grant the POTUS the power to change immigration law or any law. All Trump did was to put DACA where it belongs, back in Congress.

Trump is most likely the most Constitutional correct POTUS we've had in 50 years. He's functioning within his Constitutional powers and making Congress address the issues they are hired to do.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:59 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Shoutout to all the fake christians defending him vigorously for 400+ pages...

Spitting in the face of Jesus was all for naught...

The nitwit in chief has found his medication and has had a moment of clarity... have no fear though. He's already lost the pill bottle again.

All hail lord Squid Worth.

but i think what really happened is this blew up in his face, i think he knew exactly what he was doing but due to his evil soul he did not understand that creating a "baby prison" is too far even for Ryan Mitch and maybe just maybe it was too far for the Koch boys....

Old 06-20-2018, 01:02 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I support Trump, but I certainly wasn't one of those gleefully making light of the kids. Their parents may have broken laws coming here, but they don't deserve to be separated into cages and left to the mercy of who knows what kind of predators are in that environment.

Sometimes you don't realize what you are doing until you see the results. At least Trump realized there are better ways of handling this situation.
I honestly don't believe this was his own doing, he just got mounting pressure from all side. This was all about the November elections, and republicans were feeling the heat from their districts, the optics were bad for them. He didn't do this of his own free will.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:04 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Wait. Weren't they "families" where they came from?
In any case, President Trump has just taken the Democrat's issue away from them!
MAGA!
If that's how you want to spin it, it's okay by me. It just shows how little you think of Trump's intellect or leadership skills.

The truth is, Stephen Miller cooked up this plan and suggested it to Trump who said, "Fine," because he was too stupid and lazy to understand the ramifications. Now that the civilized world has pointed out to him that taking children from their parents is cruel and inhumane, AND WILL COST THE GOP VOTES IN NOVEMBER, he's backing off.

Whatever--it's the right thing to do.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:07 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Well quote it.. Pretending "it is in there" does not wash mate.

Nowhere did the judge say "split families" Nowhere did the judge say anything like that. If the judge did you would be quoting it right now...

Here's the actual Flores verbiage that recent court tulings have referenced. Note that if you cannot keep a minor in detention then it follows that you cannot keep a family in detention. And it requires placement in facilities suited for minors which precludes placement in facilites designed for adults.

12. Whenever the INS takes a minor into custody,
it shall expeditiously proc
ess the minor and shall
provide the minor with a notice of rights, including the right to a bond redetermination hearing if
applicable. Following arrest, the INS shall hold minors in facilities that are safe and sanitary and that are consistent with the INS's concern for the particular vulnerability of minors.

14. Where the INS determines that the detention of the minor is not required either to secure his or her
timely appearance before the INS or the immigration co
urt, or to ensure the minor's safety or that of
others, the INS shall release a minor from its cust
ody without unnecessary delay, in the following order of
preference, to:
A. a parent;
B. a legal guardian;
C. an adult relative (brother, sister, aunt, uncle, or grandparent);
D. an adult individual or entity designated by the parent or legal guardian as capable and
willing to care for the minor's well-being in (i) a declaration signed under penalty of perjury
before an immigration or consular officer or (ii) such other document(s) that establish(es) to
the satisfaction of the INS, in its discretion, the affiant's paternity or guardianship;
E. a licensed program willing to accept legal custody; or
F. an adult individual or entity seeking custody, in the discretion of the INS, when it appears
that there is no other likely alternative to long term detention and family reunification does not
appear to be a reasonable possibility.

http://www.aila.org/File/Related/14111359b.pdf

Old 06-20-2018, 01:09 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
bull.

But everyone here understands why you guys need to say these things.

YOU find yourself defending the indefensible.
Thus you are forced to attempt to smear others with the same evil you see in Trump. That is why you PRETEND Obama was doing this too. He was NOT. ANd what is more you can't prove Obama did.

Your excuse here is to pretend the "other kids were doing it too" but the reality is no POTUS has done anything like this. Trump doing this as egregiously as he can.
Oh dear. Don't you hate when facts get in the way of ideology?

In 2015, a federal judge found that migrant children had been held in “widespread deplorable conditions” in Border Patrol stations after they were first caught, and said the authorities had “wholly failed” to provide the “safe and sanitary” conditions required for children even in temporary cells. They therefore ordered their release.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies