Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 07:40 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,895,290 times

Advertisements

Immigrant children in custody at border will be reunited with families by end of day

EL PASO, Texas -- Most of the immigrant children who'd been separated from their families and are still being held by U.S. Customs and Border Protection are expected to be reunited by the end of the day, a source with the Department of Homeland Security told CBS News.

This does not reflect the greater number of children who are in the custody of the Department of Health and Human Services. That number was reported this week to be greater than 2,340.

There will be a small number of children with Customs and Border Protection who will not be immediately reunited with their families. Reasons for delay may include if relationships can't be confirmed or if authorities think there's a risk to the child.

This story has been updated to clarify that the children being reunited reflect only those in the custody of U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigra...by-end-of-day/

Old 06-22-2018, 08:08 PM

954 posts, read 940,050 times
Well if trump is saying it, it must be true.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What a despicable remark. When you bring Hitler into the conversation, you invoke Godwin's Law. You lose.
Not a Trump supporter. I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...are you claiming that Obama never told a lie? Prove it. Otherwise, you're hilarious
That's a negative that's pretty hard to prove.

Some of the parents are in Aurora, CO.
https://denverite.com/2018/06/22/50-...eld-in-aurora/

Old 06-22-2018, 08:48 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
There is no sacred bond between mother and child. There is logic and morality, and it is illogical and immoral to drag minor children across the lawless Mexican landscape to the border of a foreign country. The parents are to blame for any problems that arise from invading foreign countries. They deserve exactly what they've been getting: confusion, chaos, and corruption. You get what you ask for and what you act for.
using logic on a hysteric is laudable, but ultimately a waste of time.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:51 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
https://gop.com/time-to-hire-a-new-researcher/

For over a week now, reporters have been using an image of a crying girl to demonize the Trump administration.
It turns out it wasn’t true. The girl and her mother are together and safe. They were never separated.
The father of the little girl pictured even said, “They are safer now than when they were making that journey to the border.”

Old 06-22-2018, 08:54 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

For over a week now, reporters have been using an image of a crying girl to demonize the Trump administration.
It turns out it wasn’t true. The girl and her mother are together and safe. They were never separated.
The father of the little girl pictured even said, “They are safer now than when they were making that journey to the border.”
I'm sure you can't disagree that thousands of others have been separated from their families? The child on the magazine represents all the others that this happened to. But I guess some people just can't see that.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:59 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

And, even though it is now known to be untrue, there will be no serious retraction. The left continues to share the video and base their narrative on that image, even if they know it is not true.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:22 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
I would like to add that the poll is NOT mine. it got stuck in there weeks after the thread was started.
I hate when they do that.
That's interesting - the poll shows a LOT of bias.
Added after you posted the thread?????
AND ..... you didn't add it ...... hmmm

Old 06-22-2018, 09:47 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
We already knew it was fake but it's good to see it exposed.
When the entire Main Stream media is controlled by people who were formally/currently connected to the Democratic party its no surprise that they run these stories.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:52 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
But don't worry, BOS, no one expects fake Christians to actually know the teachings of Christ.
Do you deny that Jesus expected his followers to obey the laws of the land? Do you deny that he said render unto Caesar that which is his?

Do you deny that one of the 10 commandments is: "Thou shall not steal"?

Do you deny that another one of the 10 commandments is: "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's goods"?

Illegals are guilty of breaking those 2 commandments.

They don't obey the laws of the land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies