Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 07:52 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
even if it is not, he believes it himself...

while unfair to the children, it is really that their parents are taking hostage of them. instead of raising them at home, these obnoxious parents took them on an illegal border cross and thought they would be received as vip diplomats by the US border patrol, just because they were able to bring their young children with them...

it is an harsh thing to start for the trump admin, but they have every right to enforce the border safety. after a while, people will get used to the "crying baby" stories at the border, as how they have been reacting to the other harsh reformations that trump has implemented in the past.

who would have thought it was possible for the us "crazy head" and the north korean dictator to meet and shake hands without spitting at each other ? but trump made it and successfully tamed the little rebellious fat kid in north korea via tweeting his insults and threats....

i am no fan of trump, but i am willing to give him credits for the many political breakthroughs he brought about in the past year...
Sorry, but yes, you are a fan of Trump’s.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:53 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Are we really okay with this?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/22/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Old 06-23-2018, 07:55 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

WOW.

The truth comes out. This is all about votes for you????

Are you KIDDING ME?

Of all the time I've spent arguing, researching, etc on this issue, I've NEVER thought, "Oooo I hope they vote Dem when they get here." FURTHEST thing from my mind. My mind goes straight to, "What if this were my family? My boys scared, hungry, etc. How would I feel and how would I want to be treated?"

Voting...seriously? Disgusting.
Yes, that is the truth because it is the design of the Democrats. They know they cannot compete with the Republicans with American voters, so they have to import millions of illegals, planning ahead, knowing most of their children will vote for Democrats in order to implement their war on the American taxpayer and impose their agenda using these illegals as their pawns.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:55 AM

37,156 posts, read 39,441,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I told you Clinton was a typo. You don't believe me. I meant Bush Jr Administration.
I didn't write anything about Clinton or Bush Junior. I was sticking with the actual argument that the Flores settlement or any of the other two laws commonly cited in memes that there was a law in place mandating separation of families.

That simply does not exist regardless of whether slick willy or baby bush is supposed to be behind it. If a law stipulated it, then this administration is in violation of that law, but that's not the case.

Maybe what you're arguing is that the administration legally can separate families? That's a very different statement though.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:56 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
How?

Old 06-23-2018, 07:59 AM

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
We finally have a President with compassion, who is willing to violate the cruel and inhumane laws that the previous President enforce without mercy and that Congress stubbornly refused to change.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:03 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
Well if trump is saying it, it must be true.
Well, maybe half true. What he doesn't tell you is he'll pat himself on the back for 'solving' a problem he himself created.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:04 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Yes, that is the truth because it is the design of the Democrats. They know they cannot compete with the Republicans with American voters, so they have to import millions of illegals, planning ahead, knowing most of their children will vote for Democrats in order to implement their war on the American taxpayer and impose their agenda using these illegals as their pawns.
Oh that's just one of the most ridiculous things I've EVER heard of. Dear Lord.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Lol. Their is information about this on the books about Clinton and immigration, but including Clinton in that was a type. I meant George Bush Jr. Much of the practice came into affect after the creation of the DHS under George Bush Jr. The separating children from parents at the border is nothing new, and has been going on for decades. The US as a whole has been separating families for decades. FDR separated Japanese American families during WW2. Separated Native American families after taming the west. Wait for it, wait for it, lets not talk about separating families during slavery!

Again, I don't hold Trump into high regard, or not a fan of Trump. I'm just happy that such inhuman law is gone.

Now let me redpill you. If this illegal immigration is an issue. My old man told me that American is the most hypocritical ape in the room. He is right. Americans talking about Russia meddling in their elections, but America meddles in plenty of elections for sovereign nations for decades. If such countries don't vote right in the eyes of the American, such nations will face political, economic or military torrent from the US. The US needs to stop destabilizing nations like this. This is what liberals, SJWs, and conservatives do not talk about. They don't talk about the destabilization, but they all want illegal immigrants to flock here. Granted the illegal immigrants should stay. No point to send them back home anymore. They are here, and let them remain here. My point is this. The US must stop destabilizing countries in Central, South America and the Caribbean by economic, political and military means, legalize drugs so that black men don't have to go to prison in large numbers, and white men don't have to be strung out on drugs. Legalizing drugs will remove money from going to cartels in Mexico, Central America, South America and the Caribbean, and thus will put such cartels out of business. On the Flip side, help improve reduce crime and drug use in black and poor white areas, allowing men to rebuild their communities, instead of going to prison, or being strung out on drugs and dying early. If America stops destabilizing nations like in Central America, the amount of illegal immigrants will reduce.
I just saw that edited your original post to add that last paragraph. I'm in agreement on most of that as our last several decades of interventionism in other countries has had some phenomenally stupid results. It's cost us a lot. That ridiculous war in Iraq was one of the biggest modern blunders we've had in a while. We balk at billions in infrastructure investment that we desperately need to be competitive, but we spent trillions on a destabilizing foreign war. That kind of idiocy is what put our backs against the wall as instead of being competitive and able to leverage these trade agreements to our advantage, we instead have to claim all manners of injustice our trade partners have done.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
We finally have a President with compassion, who is willing to violate the cruel and inhumane laws that the previous President enforce without mercy and that Congress stubbornly refused to change.
That's interesting, can you cite where in the law that mandate that families must be separated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies