Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 04:18 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,525,116 times

Advertisements

If the system of E-Verify were rigidly enforced, they would no longer be coming as illegals but through the temp worker visa system instead. They would either maintain housing in Mexico and commute daily or weekly to jobs in the border areas and return to their families in Mexico or bring their family with them under terms of the visa arrangement.

They would not be flooding into the U.S. illegally because it would be well known there would be no avenue of employment open to them. They are not as likely to suffer the risks of crossing illegally just to end up sleeping under a bridge in the U.S. when it costs a heck of a lot less to sleep under a bridge in Mexico.

No more angst over whether they or their children are being treated humanely. No more glut of cheaper labour with the attendant loss of budget due to welfare and other stipends they obtain fraudulently while, for the most part, not paying any taxes.

Less available remittance money flowing back into Mexico if the ones arriving legitimately are put into the system of filing with the IRS and paying local property and state taxation.

Just a better result all around and no more of this nonsense of building walls and separating families to deal with.

FORCE employers verifying their potential employees are legitimate and reporting of new hires to a central database through a criminal penalty if bypassed, et-voila; problem solved.

7,271 posts, read 4,226,948 times
We can't even take care of kids and adults that are US citizens. Stop putting illegals ahead of Americans.

Quote:
It was 70% of AMERICANS and the rest of the world.
Bull.

6,844 posts, read 2,856,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
I didn't say it was 70% liberal. Thank god for that.

Out of that 70%, then, how many of said people will open their homes to these people?

There's a difference between moaning on facebook about this, and actually putting money where mouth is and acting on it.

Yes, I absolutely would. Since there are none here to take in, I donated whatever money I can spare. It isn't much, because I don't have much, but I do what I can.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:19 PM

32,833 posts, read 19,532,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
For the record, the US is not made up of 70% liberals. Not by a long shot. Yet, 70% of Americans were indeed screaming about this heinous policy of caging kids.
because 70% are suckers falling for the liberal lies

Old 06-20-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You live in Canada and thus, don't know much on how things work here.

Farmers have access to an agricultural visa program which has no caps on it. So there is no excuse for hiring illegals.

As for those other jobs, it will surprise to you know that there are Americans who do those jobs. Many want those jobs but sleazy employers hire illegals and pay then under the table.

Why don't you invite all these illegals to come to Canada? You can be the first one to welcome them with open arms Once you welcome them, surely you will move some of them into your own home.

That said, E-verify needs to be the law of the land. Once it is the law of the land, everybody in the US workforce needs to be run through it in order to weed out the 8 million no-matches.
Hey there; you do realize I suppose; you just made my point for me, don't you? That's exactly what I'm saying. Nothing more nothing less.

Why should I invite them to Canada because you've got sleazy employers? You're not getting my point at all.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:21 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,667,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So you're saying they should be able to stay with those adults, even if they are human traffickers? Wow......
No, that is not what I said.

Someone stated that six month old babies traveled to the border unaccompanied.

I am merely stating that that is impossible.

Twisting words just makes you look bad.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why is it liberals support criminals

coming here ILLEGALLY is a crime... why is it liberals would rather support a criminal, than a citizen???
Wait; are you saying it's only "liberals" hiring these illegals?

Old 06-20-2018, 04:22 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,768,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Please tell me how Trump "messed up"...the rule that viciously and heartlessly "rips" innocent kids from their parents was signed by BILL CLINTON..not Trump. So knock that krap off that Trump is to bame, i'm getting fed up with the liberal misinformation.
From the justice department. Not a news source. This was new policy, not old law.

“Attorney General Jeff Sessions today notified all U.S. Attorney’s Offices along the Southwest Border of a new “zero-tolerance policy”...”

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attor...-illegal-entry

Additionally, here from the actual Department of Homeland Security is the description of the new policy. Check out its release date.

“The Attorney General directed United States Attorneys on the Southwest Border to prosecute all amenable adults who illegally enter the country, including those accompanied by their children”

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/06/15/...tions-families

Maybe read up before you complain about being fed up.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:23 PM

32,833 posts, read 19,532,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Most Americans don't even want to open their homes to "friends" or relatives when they're in trouble. Therefore, it's absolutely ridiculous to expect them to house unknown immigrants or refugees...

Besides, ultimately that's not the point! The point lies in the fact that young children, infants, and toddlers are being taken from their mothers, fathers, or primary caregivers, and placed into the suspicious custody of people who most likely don't have their best interest at heart.

That's like handing the brooding hen's eggs to the fox who hungrily "guards" the hen house...
they are NOT refugees... they are ILLEGALS

Old 06-20-2018, 04:23 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,681,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Yes, I absolutely would. Since there are none here to take in, I donated whatever money I can spare. It isn't much, because I don't have much, but I do what I can.
I respect this. There are actually people out there who do put their money where their mouths are. Vast majority doesn't.

One of my FB friends actually pays the IRS extra--I think he's crazy, but more power to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies