Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 03:24 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Then, why did he change it?
He changed it because of all of the whining. He didn't really fix anything, though, because Democrats will sue to separate them again.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:24 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
He had to flip flop. The crying kids didn't look well on Crooked Trump.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:25 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
At least Obama had enough sense to audit companies for I 9 compliance. That's the only thing that will stop people coming to the USA to work. Jail their employers
Agree. I have been advocating for heavy fines and jail for people who hire illegal workers. There is a process to obtain seasonal workers legally. Employers need to USE IT.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:26 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I'm not sure that it's an easy solution at all but it's certainly a very expensive solution. Private contractors will be lobbying for this as they stand to make a killing.

I'm not sure about your numbers, but if minors who are unaccompanied are covered under the Flores settlement. And if 2,000 children were forcibly taken from their parents I would not call that a false narrative.
Marlow, those numbers are per the DHS.

If we had proper border security, this crisis would not be nearly as it is now, so this is on the hands of the Democrats, who refuse to work with the President in that respect.

As per the 2000 children, the policy is zero tolerance for adults entering the country. Children cannot be sent to prison with their parents, so by default they have to be held in protective custody, since they most likely do not have family in the country to take care of them. Get them to the foster system asap if it is found they do indeed have a legitimate right to asylum.

However, to claim they are all asylum seekers, legitimately, I think is nonsense.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:28 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Marlow, those numbers are per the DHS.

If we had proper border security, this crisis would not be nearly as it is now, so this is on the hands of the Democrats, who refuse to work with the President in that respect.

As per the 2000 children, the policy is zero tolerance for adults entering the country. Children cannot be sent to prison with their parents, so by default they have to be held in protective custody, since they most likely do not have family in the country to take care of them. Get them to the foster system asap if it is found they do indeed have a legitimate right to asylum.

However, to claim they are all asylum seekers, legitimately, I think is nonsense.
Why are we imprisoning people who are being charged with misdemeanors, though?

Old 06-20-2018, 03:29 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Why hasn't this thread been given a sticky? There are well over 4,000 posts here and it certainly is "trending".

Mods??

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Agree. I have been advocating for heavy fines and jail for people who hire illegal workers. There is a process to obtain seasonal workers legally. Employers need to USE IT.
Between that and revamping the visa program somehow to help mitigate the overstays, I think the majority of the problem would be solved.

19,650 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Couldn't agree more.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:30 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
This is the most important part of the equation. It makes zero sense to make claims of, "Well, who will work the fields," or "They keep prices of roofs and such low". I cannot think of anything more racist or more exploitative than to believe it's okay to claim we need brown people to clean our toilets, pick our fruit or work on our roofs.

Jail time and $100,000 fines per incident for anyone caught hiring an illegal, via e-verify, reporting and raids would go a long way to helping to solve the issue altogether.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:30 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
You must be thinking of The Late Imperialistic Lord King Hussein Obama? KING OF EXECUTIVE ORDERS. That guy signed so many illegal EO's he probably needed a wrist brace from the carpal tunnel .
Oh Please, Obama was a walk in the park compared to this dictator loving man we have in there now. Obama was more honest too. How many lies are we up to now with Trump? Well over 3,000. Not to mention the way he enriches himself and his kids while president. Oh by the way where are his taxes? Yes, another lie....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies