Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 02:43 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Leave it up to the idiot Mayor of L.A to make statements like this ..

LA mayor: 'In one of those cages is a young girl who could be the next mayor'

—-
“Tonight, crying in one of those cages, is a young girl who could be the next mayor of one of our cities; is a future doctor who will find cures to diseases; is a human being traumatized and who’s crying out right now,” Garcetti said, adding that that girl is asking “our nation for help. Will we or won’t we step forward?”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...yor/724203002/
Just as true would be the statement "In one of those cages is a gang member who will rape, murder and dismember an innocent teenager."

Old 06-22-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
LOL to the "shocking lie" crap, coming from people who support the most prolific liar in history. Suddenly they're all about the "truth." Hilarious.

Of course, no matter how much they wail about it, it does nothing to change the fact that the Trump Administration has absolutely separated children from their parents.

But yeah, let's forget all about that and talk about the SHOCKING use of a picture instead. All those kids languishing in cages, who may never see their parents again due to this president's bonehead policy, ARE OF NO MATTER TO THE CULT. None, zip, zilch. But oh, the picture!

Here's the thing. Most Americans are not as tuned in to the political minutia as we political junkies are. And they will see that cover while standing in the checkout lines all across the country and they will know and understand immediately what that picture represents.

And no amount of whining is going to change that.

Americans are not happy about this situation, one that is entirely of Trump's making. And you can't change that, no matter how hard you try to make it all about a picture.

I'm loving watching how fast you all are spinning, though.
You mean President Obama?

Old 06-22-2018, 02:46 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You mean President Obama?
Poor dear. Can't get President Obama out of your head, can you?

However, no one who sees that cover is going to be thinking about President Obama. You know it and I know it.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Whoop-de-doo. A picture was mis-captioned. Try not to strain yourselves with all this back-patting. The Whitehouse announced their plans to separate familes, did exactly that, and has defended it six-ways from Sunday, and now are even backtracking on it. So it's not like it's not happening.
I edit photos for a living. That photo was painstakingly manipulated to remove the rest of the photo, that would have told the truth of the situation.

Typical liberals............"it was an honest mistake. We mis-spoke".

Old 06-22-2018, 02:47 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,047,471 times
Quote:
LOL to the "shocking lie" crap, coming from people who support the most prolific liar in history. Suddenly they're all about the "truth." Hilarious.

Of course, no matter how much they wail about it, it does nothing to change the fact that the Trump Administration has absolutely separated children from their parents.

But yeah, let's forget all about that and talk about the SHOCKING use of a picture instead. All those kids languishing in cages, who may never see their parents again due to this president's bonehead policy, ARE OF NO MATTER TO THE CULT. None, zip, zilch. But oh, the picture!

Here's the thing. Most Americans are not as tuned in to the political minutia as we political junkies are. And they will see that cover while standing in the checkout lines all across the country and they will know and understand immediately what that picture represents.

And no amount of whining is going to change that.

Americans are not happy about this situation, one that is entirely of Trump's making. And you can't change that, no matter how hard you try to make it all about a picture.

I'm loving watching how fast you all are spinning, though.

True colors, shining through...

You're fine with the lie, because you say most people won't realize it. THAT IS SO EXPECTED! Typical leftist attitude. Lies are good if they push the narrative. Virtue and leftists, mutually exclusive.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:49 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
perhaps you can point us to your shrill bleats of outrage when many thousands more children were separated from their parents under obama?

Deportation Separated Thousands Of U.S.-Born Children From Parents In 2013

oh, that's right. you didn't give a crap then.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:53 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
True colors, shining through...

You're fine with the lie, because you say most people won't realize it. THAT IS SO EXPECTED! Typical leftist attitude. Lies are good if they push the narrative. Virtue and leftists, mutually exclusive.
Do you support Donald Trump? If so, you are telling the world that you support a pathological liar, so clearly, you are cool with lying as long as it's Trump telling the lies.

And you somehow think that gives you the high road here?

Hilarious.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:55 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Whoop-de-doo. A picture was mis-captioned. Try not to strain yourselves with all this back-patting. The Whitehouse announced their plans to separate familes, did exactly that, and has defended it six-ways from Sunday, and now are even backtracking on it. So it's not like it's not happening.
I want to use an academia slur against you that was invented by Greeks. But I digress from using it. The provision to separate children when crossing borders illegally has been around prior to Trump. This stuff has been going on when Obama was President, as well as George Bush Jr. I think this provision goes back since Clinton. I know back then during the Clinton, Bush and to a certain extent of the Obama years, SJWs did not exist. Now SJWs exist now we have hoopla about separating children from adults. Why didn't anyone have the decency to say anything back then about this, and wait till now for anything to be done?

I do agree that children should be with parents who come here illegally. But my big gripe is if the children are kidnapped, or just ended up in hands of someone else who claim to be parents of the child. Some of these undocumented illegals come with documents like an ID, but with no proof of birth certificates. Just verbatim that, oh that's my child. or Estos mis ninos!

While I'm at it. While liberals and conservatives are worried about Russia meddling and influencing the 2016 elections. The US has been meddling in other nations elections for decades. And if the people of a sovereign nation don't vote the way the American system wants, than that nation will pay a price either economically, or militarily. This is why we have all of this dysfunctional countries in which the US helped to decline economically or by military means. Now the people from these lands show up on our shores and boarders. Countries have a right to self sovereignty, denying a nation of self sovereignty will make those peoples of those nations to flee in mass from their own homeland.

I'm just happy that children can be with their parents, and that as humans we need to have the decency of being an humanitarian and to be fair, with a solid ground of morals. As I speak, we are in a culture war. Academia, publishing, media, social media and entertainment are at war with Trump, and are at war with anyone that has does not subscribe to left leaning ideology. This is very scary times indeed, and those that control such industries can easily twist narratives and words and ruin your livelihood or even your life by calling the cops wit a false claim and having one killed by the police, or if not call your job or landlord or have that person removed. Very scary times.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 06-22-2018 at 03:47 PM..

Old 06-22-2018, 02:56 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
details like these don't matter. give us more doctored pictures that will induce splutters of outrage.
That’s what they teach at Harvard these days, photo shop and drama.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:59 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Trump will go down in history as the president who took little kids away from their parents... nice going. Meanwhile, Sessions was trying to reverse what he previously said about separating children from their parents. Now he is saying "we didn't want to have to do that" when the liar absolutely wanted to so they could deter people from trying to cross the border. What lying liars these scum are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies