Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 02:02 AM

22,519 posts, read 12,072,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

And yes, me and my fiance will always call out when we see any establishment of the hate, and the demonization of groups, or people putting themselves above other groups, just like you just did above. It is attitudes like those that you just portrayed that make the world a worse place, and not a better place.

Humanitarians want a better world. I see which side you have chosen.
"hate" "and the demonization of groups". Well...you need to "call out" yourself. After all, you've been quick to attempt to put down those of us who don't agree with you.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:04 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,073,964 times
Doesn't anyone on City-Data ever sleep?

Old 07-02-2018, 02:48 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,073,964 times
In earlier posts, I pointed out that the "asylum seekers" created their own Hell with their own stupidity and immorality in selecting philosophies and governments that could only end up creating social chaos and societal destruction. And therefore, they should stay where they are and fix their own mess.

Well, today we have another example of just this. And right to our South in crime and corruption-ridden Mexico. The headline:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/07...-election.html

So what do Mexicans deserve? EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO GET. EXACTLY WHAT THEY CHOSE FOR THEMSELVES. THE MESSIAH FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. So I don't want to hear it, and building the wall just became more necessary than ever. Because as Mexico continues to trash itself and embrace the path of statism, collectivism, and leftism, what are we going to see? More displaced, broke, "refugees" who will attempt to stream North and seek asylum from their own blinding incompetence, becoming a net social cost in the United States after their own country is overrun with failure, failure, and more failure. We now have a budding Venezuela on our southern border. Would we, and shouldn't we, build a wall if Venezuela was our neighbor? You bet we would. And that is the path Mexico has chosen. Self-destruction, corruption, and suicide on a State scale. Truly disgusting.

Last edited by Marc Paolella; 07-02-2018 at 03:09 AM..

Old 07-02-2018, 05:20 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,852,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Doesn't anyone on City-Data ever sleep?
It's difficult to sleep when you don't know what your fearless leader may be up to. Trump causes chaos, where there should be none.

I have often thought about the sleep thing, this is the world wide web. I will bet some folks are working the graveyard shift. When I worked graveyard, many moons ago, my buddies and I might be posting in the middle of the night. I'm sure of it.

I wonder about Trump, he never sleeps. Wish he would. It's "tweet, tweet, tweet, I am so brilliant, I know everything about the world and blah, blah, blah." Give us a break and take a nap once in awhile, Mr. know it all.

When will this madness end? Oh, yeah Mr. "president," what about the children? No matching process? What a beauty.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:37 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,364,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What difference does that make? Many American law breakers do go to jail and they aren't allowed to take their kids with them. WTH is immoral about our immigration laws today?
I believe it is immoral to charge exorbitant fees to come to this country. Many of the laws we have hurt our country by denying or kicking out people who add wealth and talent. America's very existence is dependent on immigration and always has been. To block, or make very difficult, the act of immigration is in and of itself immoral.

What difference does jail make for misdemeanors? Well... a lot. Putting minimal offenders in jail with hardened criminals rarely works out well except for the prison industry of course. Having jail time on your record can hurt future job prospects. I'll repeat: Many criminals DO NOT face jail time nor should they. AND those kids of prisoners you and others keep harping on ARE NOT taken away from their families. AND even those kids WHO ARE taken away from their families often go to live with other family members or friends. AND the parents know where their kids are and can still have contact with them.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Once again, please elaborate on how our immigration laws are immoral.
Keep reading...

Old 07-02-2018, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
So then quit demonizing an entire group of people for merely wanting to ENFORCE THE LAW.
I don't believe in demonizing people but I question how any intelligent person can say something is right or wrong simply because of a law. IMHO, this binary way of thinking leaves a lot of critical thinking by the way side.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Like hell. Take another job from an American and let us foot the bill to educate their kids? Don't forget health care.
What jobs do they take away from Americans? I thought illegal immigrants were all lazy you-know-whats looking for handouts?

Old 07-02-2018, 05:46 AM

18,500 posts, read 15,308,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I believe it is immoral to charge exorbitant fees to come to this country. Many of the laws we have hurt our country by denying or kicking out people who add wealth and talent. America's very existence is dependent on immigration and always has been. To block, or make very difficult, the act of immigration is in and of itself immoral.

What difference does jail make for misdemeanors? Well... a lot. Putting minimal offenders in jail with hardened criminals rarely works out well except for the prison industry of course. Having jail time on your record can hurt future job prospects. I'll repeat: Many criminals DO NOT face jail time nor should they. AND those kids of prisoners you and others keep harping on ARE NOT taken away from their families. AND even those kids WHO ARE taken away from their families often go to live with other family members or friends. AND the parents know where their kids are and can still have contact with them.
This is immoral, but not the act of taking away peoples’ hard earned money to pay for their needs?

Personally, my stance would be a lot softer on immigration if 1st and 2nd generation immigrants were barred from any social services. Let them immigrate the way my ancestors did in the 1840s. No such thing as food stamps, welfare, social security, medicaid, section 8 housing, etc. Immigrants back then didnt cost the citizens a dime. They were all a net positive. You worked or you starved.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:47 AM

Quote:
The Indians didn't have the concept of property ownership or national borders. There were no laws broken. And why are you even lumping all "Indians" collectively in one group? Are you racist?

Besides, look what happened to the "Indians"! We had best not make the same mistake. You inadvertently just provided the single best example of why we need to ENFORCE THE LAW!
Oh so it wasn't against the law to kill, rape, and steal back then? Interesting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies