Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 01:50 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times

Advertisements

If there's anyone in this country who seriously believes there's any chance at all of finding common ground and becoming a functional society again, all they have to do is read this thread. The entire Republican base - the core of the Trump demographic, 1/3 of the country - is stark raving mad. Pizzagate, martial law, media conspiracies... the entire Republican base is nothing but a pack of gibbering, drooling, barking-mad lunatics.

There is no dealing with them, no reconciling - they need to be institutionalized and lobotomized, period. Working with lunatics like this can never be an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 01:55 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
None of the claims were contingent on there being a basement.
Are you right here and now asserting pizzagate is a real thing? I just want to make sure we both know what your stance is.

So there is no question about it my stance is that it was a hoax, and as someone else mentioned it could have been one of the many fake news items first promoted by the Russian fake news program, although it does not matter ultimately. I don't know who started it but it was a very malicious joke, and the story morphed as it was repeated! ... sort of a prank teenagers might pull. It is funny (and sad) that it lured in and hooked so many mature adults.

Last edited by Hesychios; 05-08-2018 at 02:05 PM..

Old 05-08-2018, 02:03 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
IDK about pizzagate specifically. However in general I believe there are horrible and abhorrent practices going on underneath our noses, that would disgust normal every day people if they knew about them.
Im sure we would all be disgusted if we heard some of things brought up at the Bohemian Grove annual meetings!

Old 05-08-2018, 02:07 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
If there's anyone in this country who seriously believes there's any chance at all of finding common ground and becoming a functional society again, all they have to do is read this thread. The entire Republican base - the core of the Trump demographic, 1/3 of the country - is stark raving mad. Pizzagate, martial law, media conspiracies... the entire Republican base is nothing but a pack of gibbering, drooling, barking-mad lunatics.

G-O-P

Gullible Oddball Partisans

Old 05-08-2018, 02:32 PM

352 posts, read 324,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The cops never need to investigate anything, lol, that's rich.
Not when it's completely nonsense with no logic behind it. Not every tinfoil hat conspiracy theory has merit nor is it deserving of investigation. Some things are too stupid to investigate. Like a conspiracy that claims things are happening in a basement that DOES NOT EXIST.

This is how fake news spreads. People WANT to believe something because it fits their narrow-minded world view, so they cling to any story that supports it. Even when all logic and facts prove otherwise, they'll still cling to it because they cannot handle the fact that they are so unquestionably wrong.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:33 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I think its good to out the wackos. No need to sanitize things, leave this as a point of reference so when they post other things that seem more sane, you can refer to this.

Excellent Idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Short Answer: More than we'll ever know. But we are learning more every day.
If you want to get red pilled, go to Pizzagate. Voat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I've read the Podesta emails. He may not have gone to Comet Pizza but he was involved in something very disturbing which involved children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I think John Podesta has been mixed up in some really creepy crap that I'm not sure I even want to know the details about. That's as far as I'll speculate though.
Quote:
The pizzagate evidence is so real that I can't even post it here. Months ago, in a pizzagate thread, I posted images of children from James Alefantis's public instagram (a little girl being advertised with a "pizza ****" shirt on) and pictures from John Podestas house that were so obviosly innapropriate that the mods had to edit them out. LOL.

So, If people actually believe that it's all just innocent pictures of kids having fun, why can't I post them here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It was also interesting how the media jumped on the fake news bandwagon once this story started breaking. It was an aggressive full court press regarding fake news. As if they wanted NO ONE looking at it too closely.

That's when the whole fake news agenda was rolled out.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:26 PM

23,640 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeYourInvestments View Post
Not when it's completely nonsense with no logic behind it. Not every tinfoil hat conspiracy theory has merit nor is it deserving of investigation. Some things are too stupid to investigate. Like a conspiracy that claims things are happening in a basement that DOES NOT EXIST.

This is how fake news spreads. People WANT to believe something because it fits their narrow-minded world view, so they cling to any story that supports it. Even when all logic and facts prove otherwise, they'll still cling to it because they cannot handle the fact that they are so unquestionably wrong.
Are you saying the cops don't care if children might be being harmed, just like those on the left don't care? Hmm, I would think that the cops would investigate no matter how uncommon the claim might be.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:46 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Are you saying the cops don't care if children might be being harmed, ....
they should also be investigating gingerbread houses hidden deep in the woods. that's where witches cook children.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:51 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Just as a reminder. These are the kind of pictures we are talking about:

What could possibly be the purpose of a blog like this? Why does he, a childless man, have repeated pictures of children on a "pizza" blog surrounded by dollar signs? Why does it look like she's being advertised? Let's see if the mods deem this too innapropriate for this forum. Again if this is all just innocent like the naysayers claim, the mods shouldn't have a problem with this image.
The purpose of the blog is to get people like you to believe in stuff like Pizzagate. They got you hook, line and sinker.

Sad.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:57 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
OK. The guy likes weird offensive art. Which has NOTHING to do with a pizza parlor. Seriously if pizzagate was just about podestas art and called podestagate it might be remotely believable. Cause seriously his taste in art is....creepy. Thats the problem. Its not. Its a ton of bat poo crazy conspiracy ideas smashed together to generate outrage from easily conned people.
The art depicts abused children. It's suspect.

And you don't think it's a coincidence?

You think if someone reported you on suspicion of pedophilia and the cops found art like that in your house -- bruised butts, faces, tied up kids in their underwear -- that you wouldn't be investigated? Really? They'd just walk say, nothing to see here, move along, and the media would immediately come to your defense and tell everyone you were innocent?

What reality do you live in? Any unconnected person would've been hauled off in handcuffs. They took kids away from a couple that had some bathtub photos of their own children. For months they had the kids.

But a guy with art of abused kids would be given a free pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies