Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 03:23 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I believe that on average women are mentally tougher than men.
Women do have the ability to have grit, such as dealing with multiple pregnancies and baby care. However, from what I have seen, a lot of women are just too emotional and therefore, unable to deal with stress effectively. And I have known women who used their female reputation for crying, to turn on fake tears in order to get out of tough situations... like speeding tickets or to manipulate a man into changing his mind doing what she wants. It's really disgusting.

Men are conditioned not to cry, so they seem better able to keep it together and power through stress better.

Old 05-14-2018, 03:37 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times
I have noticed a massive increase in the number of mainly millennial women who seem to have lots of chronic health issues and much of it seems to do with the increase in stress because feminists have told them they can have it all.

According to this article, males with major depression has barely increased but females with major depression has skyrocketed.

2.8% of males report major depression, while that number is 6% for females and I think the sky is the limit.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele.../#6636b6a15061

Many millennial females just seem miserable these days. I don't remember women in that age ground being as miserable a decade or two ago.

I have noticed to marketing in general is far more heavily geared towards women than men these days. Many millennial men seem more content with the basics, while many millennial women materialistically want to have it all thus the advertising is so heavily geared towards this and that which will perfect much.

Many millennial males seem very content just putting in 40 hours a week, going to the gym and going to the basement to play video games.

Many of the women I work with have constant migraines, digestive issues, constantly sneezing and coughing also. The men don't seem to have any of those problems.

Many millennial women seem to be in worse health than senior-citizens women. I was in Sarasota a few years ago and the senior citizen women seemed to be healthier than many working-class and poor millennial women.

I can't fathom the amount of stress that many of these women have. Keeping up the Jones, raising a huge family and working 40+ hours a week. Seems absolutely exhausting.

But then again all we hear about is how terrible the 1950s were for women and how working 40+ hours a week and raising a family is preferable all in the name of superficial materialism, overconsumption and experience related things like expensive meals dozens of times a month.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:07 PM

1,406 posts, read 802,035 times
If women are more stressed it's because they are pickier, more demanding, and more entitled than men, which makes them get upset more often when they don't get what they want.

And "men not pulling their weight" often means "man isn't doing what woman wants done".

Old 05-14-2018, 04:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
When women work full time AND do the majority of child care and housework - then their stress level makes perfect sense.

It's usually Mom who's mental rolodex is full with . . work details, doctor appointment, orthodontic appointments, practice schedules, PTA meetings, birthday parties and so on and so forth.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:14 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A widow, I know of, met a man who promised to show her the world. After she married him, he parked his ass in a recliner and expected her to do all the cooking, cleaning, and laundry. Who wants that?
Was he watching vacation spot programs?

Old 05-14-2018, 04:25 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,422,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am not sure if women are MORE stressed compare to men.

In my family, both my sister and my sister in law have tried suicide. My sister's stress came from a failed relationship, my sister-in-law tried when she was younger. After marrying my brother, she no longer felt depressed.

I lost four MEN to suicide. One late boyfriend, three childhood friends.
While that is tragic to hear stress is not that often a main factor of suicide. Suicide is a whole other beast that many times has nothing to do with stress.\

Anger problems and health issues, yes those would be definitely linked more to stress.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:31 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
Quote:
Yep. If men were such wonderful husbands, 70% of divorces would not be filed by the wives.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-men-heres-why
Women initiate divorce because they are wired by evolution to want the alpha male and are wired for hypergamy, which is simply "trading up" to a man who's more wealthy, confident, cocky, etc. Religion is what was used to push us into monogamous relationships and discourage promiscuous behavior.. now that the taboo of women sleeping around is disappearing, they are more free to exercise their evolutionary urges to "have fun." Women are also generally more manipulative by nature and move on MUCH more easily than men and are able to rationalize "bad" behavior more easily. Why? Because 20,000 years ago when invading armies would come around and kill all the men, women, and children as they pillaged and took over an area, it was the women who learned to manipulate and assimilate with their invaders that survived to spread on their genes to the next generation, and those traits made our species survive to what it is today. Without this evolutionary adaptation it's likely our species would have gone extinct so you bitter men relax a little bit.

Add in all the pressure to go outside traditional gender roles, and you will increase stress levels, because biologically women simply didn't do all these activities through most of the history of our species and though they are capable, they aren't really genetically wired, so their genetics will sometimes increase their stress levels telling them to STOP and go back to their traditional gender roles. It's not something they consciously realize.

Also.. the more spoiled and/or coddled you are as a child, the more anxiety you will have as an adult.. hardship builds character.. it's like when you lift weights and suddenly heavy things feel light.. well if you're placed into demanding psychological situations, you can better handle hardship as an adult. We seem to be a society that is very focused on coddling our kids, spoiling our kids, making sure "everyone's a winner" and making sure nobody ever has to feel bad about anything, ever. Though there are good intentions here, it actually can be psychologically harmful and lead to anxiety disorders as these kids have to enter the real world. We also have a society of instant gratification and it's delaying gratification that builds character.. when people can't have what they want right NOW they get stressed out and cranky. They'll get mad that they have to wait 30 seconds at a stoplight or take an extra minute to get somewhere behind a slow driver but then blow 4 hours a day on their phone. Ask me how I know.

Thankfully there's legions of self help material on the internet to give people the chance to change their lives for the better. Everything from mindfulness to visualization and affirmations. The knowledge is there to "red pill" any person out there who didn't get lucky and grow up socially well adjusted and adopted bad, time wasting, hedonistic habits or just grew up spoiled. I've made massive strides in my own life and I'm extremely grateful, though the old subconscious wiring is still there.. it's a gradual process like learning any new skill.

Last edited by sholomar; 05-14-2018 at 04:56 PM..

Old 05-14-2018, 04:58 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
It's generally thought that women are very open about voicing their anxiety, whereas men try to be silent and stoic - and then end up with a heart attack.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:17 PM

272 posts, read 218,246 times
Quote:
Makes sense.

That is because men stress their wives out and are more dead baggage for them. This is why wives do better than men after the death of their spouse. In other words, most men are not carrying their own weight in a marriage.

Studies Show That Husbands Stress Women Twice As Much As Children
I think it is easier for them to obtain work because of hiring quotas and as far as them doing easy jobs, I think they get most of that too. Remember this is based on a man’s perspective. Ask the same question to a female and she’ll try to exaggerate and make it out like the hiring quotas don’t exist and that women do their fair share of whatever menial work it is they do. Remember women have no honor and fairness is based on what is convenient and easy for them. That’s why a man can slave his life away 60 hr’s a week at a time, pay the bills and come home and be expected to do HIS share of helping around the house and a woman believes she is doing MORE by being a stay at home mom and doing “her share” of the house work.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:33 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Let's not forget all the female liberals who had a nervous breakdown when Hilary lost to Trump. What a bunch of delicate babies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies