Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 09:50 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A widow, I know of, met a man who promised to show her the world. After she married him, he parked his ass in a recliner and expected her to do all the cooking, cleaning, and laundry. Who wants that?
Unless if he works all day and financially provides for the household

Old 05-27-2018, 10:09 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Women do more and have greater responsibility, no wonder they are more stressed out...
No matter where I look, family, friends etc. Women run the world and fix the problems men create, and don't even get the same pay and recognition as men.
This one is funny. I've been married for 20 years. In that time, I have been the sole provider for my family. Then, when I get home, about 50% of the time I do dishes, laundry, and other chores around the house. I was always the one asked to help the kids with homework, I take care of all the outdoor maintenance, I take care of all maintenance on our vehicles. I also take care of all the boring stuff there is to do when raising a family, like paying the bills, filing the taxes, etc. Oh, and I cook roughly 3 to 4 nights a week. The nights when I'm not bogged down at my second job. I have also always tried to make time to attend my children's school events, even becoming an assistant coach for my son's little league and middle school baseball teams as well as my daughter's volleyball teams. Now, if you look at the way I've lived my life for the last 20 years, feel free to fill in the blanks and that's what my wife was responsible for taking care of. Yeah, that's right, she hasn't had to do a whole lot over the last 20 years besides helping take care of our home and our children when I am not around to help out. I appreciate everything she does, and she's great and being a wife and mother, but all in all she doesn't have to do a whole lot because I take care of virtually everything. But yeah, go ahead and keep thinking you are right with all that "greater responsibility" and "doing more" and "fixing all the world's problems". All you do with statements like that is prove that you are either prejudiced in some way towards men or, you have just never dealt with a real man yet. We are out there, I can assure you.

***Oh, and let me make one more thing clear. My wife is who she is because she wants to be. If she wanted a job, she could get a job. If she wanted to go back to college, she could do that too. She is happy with what she is already doing. And if the day comes that she's not, she will tell me. Because we are partners in life, and she knows she can talk to me. She is not a woman for you to feel sorry for or condemn. She is who she is because she wants to be.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:12 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,070,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Stress leaves 80 per cent of women feeling unable to cope | Daily Mail Online

Wonder how accurate this is? And regardless, you can't just blame men, feminists are constantly pressuring women to be a successful career woman and to forego children.
I guess Trump truly has brought wonders to women's equality this past year. Or not?

How dare some females want most females to have successful careers and be better prepared to financially take care of children... How dare they! LOL

Old 05-28-2018, 02:43 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Yep. If men were such wonderful husbands, 70% of divorces would not be filed by the wives.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-men-heres-why
Women tend to have a very warped sense of the kind of husband they deserve. Everybody thinks they should be living live happily ever after with Prince Charming.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:10 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
I guess Trump truly has brought wonders to women's equality this past year. Or not?

How dare some females want most females to have successful careers and be better prepared to financially take care of children... How dare they! LOL
Stop blaming Trump for our current society's wrongdoings! What is happening now is decades in the making.

One of the many reasons for my choosing not to ever have children is because I wouldn't have time to raise them well. And I do believe that women make the best caregivers, so imo having a house husband wasn't a good enough substitute. Yes, men can be a great single parent also, but most men aren't caregiving material. Plus look at Nature... the great apes, elephants and most mammals have the female being the sole or main caregiver of the babies and the young.

In addition, it's very difficult for BOTH parents to be out having a full time job and having their children be raised in a quality fashion. And having such a short amount of time with their own children during the week, has led to a terrible parenting style, where they are so worried about their children not bonding and loving them... so they focus on being their children's best friend and stop being their moral compass and disciplinarian. They become the "good cops" while the school system and the teachers becomes the "bad cops".

In addition, there are surveys done of well-educated people where the men are willing to choose for their life partners, women of lesser education level (and younger), but the well-educated women prefer life partners of equally educated or higher (and older) menfolk. And this makes sense, because I believe that it's in our nature for the female to choose a mate based on his ability to provide for his future family. While the men want a woman who can produce healthy babies with him (so a younger one with younger eggs).

Because homo sapiens are the first creature to have a long term memory, the ability to speak and create language, and the ability to read and write... collectively we are able to evolve beyond our animal natures. But it does require effort and every human baby has to be taught and conditioned by their parents and immediate society what the current standards of behaviour are. So our society is a constant work in progress. And it's only very very recently that in First World countries, there is racially and sexual equalities in progress... which only started about a hundred years ago... compared to human civilizations being in existence for perhaps 200,000 years!!!! What is happening now is just a speck on our overall timeline.

It's all about perspective... get some. And enough with the outrage over women's rights, racial equality, LGBTQA (and now there is an A added to this nonsense for anyone not interested in having sex) rights... it's all a work in progress. And there are no owesies. To make true and faster progress, we must as a global society, stop being so resentful of the past and keep moving forward. Stop blaming white men for all of societies ills.

There are some great threads in the C-D History forum. One of my favorite threads to read is this one, asking what everyone's favorite ancient civilizations are. Sure, there were some ill consequences from the Europeans colonizing all over the world, but imo the benefits far outweighed the bad. AND... other cultures also explored the world and colonized other lands and dominated the locals living in those lands. What the Europeans (white people) did was completely natural and colonizing and trading in slaves was NOT invented by them!!!

And also, in the majority of the ancient and recent civilizations, the menfolk were the breadwinners and the women stayed at home raising the children.

//www.city-data.com/forum/histo...ou-admire.html

Old 05-28-2018, 06:29 AM
miu

The evolution of society/societies is normal. And from studying past civilizations, they all have risen and then fallen. IMO since we know so much of our past, we should be able to avert the collapse of modern society, but it won't be easy. We really do have to take a hard look at the consequences of having 7.6 billion people on this planet. And the number is still growing.

I am for gradual not sudden changes in our society because that is the only real way that good and permanent changes are made. And I am against all the hating and bashing of the old ways of life.

IMO the Paris Climate Change Accord was extremely flawed. Unchecked human population growth was not at all addressed. If First World countries were expected to give money and help to the poorer countries, then part of that package should have also included mandatory birth control. No family should have more than two children, and any family having one child or even no children should be rewarded. And encourage families to consider for adult siblings to have the two children between them and then raise them together. All the Third World and developing countries are being held back by the problem of having too many people and not enough resources.

And enough with the US being concerned over the drop in the number of babies being born in this country. What if there were less children going through our public school systems so that we can downsize our schools, and use the savings (~$11K per grade school student per year and the money we spend on student loans for college students) and move it towards our Society Security fund? By my not having a child, I saved my local and state governments $132K in school costs. Surely I should be able to use that money to fund my Social Security payments in my old age!!! And since most couples I know have two children, then that's $264K for me!!!!

And this is also why I don't want my taxes going towards educating illegals or DACAs for free.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:33 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Women tend to have a very warped sense of the kind of husband they deserve. Everybody thinks they should be living live happily ever after with Prince Charming.
Americans love their Disney fairy tales... and that is why so many marriages in the US either don't happen or fail.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:44 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Stress leaves 80 per cent of women feeling unable to cope | Daily Mail Online

Wonder how accurate this is? And regardless, you can't just blame men, feminists are constantly pressuring women to be a successful career woman and to forego children.
Yes, lots of stress for the gals. You can see it in how they deface their bodies. All inked and pierced. Ugly, the ink looks like they have skin disease.

The girls even pierce their privates, they don't know what to screw up next! Nothing like the natural girls we had back in the day.

mods don't ban me again this is a photo from my own archives.

The disposition of the gals nowadays is also bad. Really nasty women....ugly on the outside with the ink and piercings and ugly on the inside.

I run a photo and film archive. Out of 10,000+ beat generation nudes I looked through, only 2 had tattoos. Can you image...our girls used to be natural. No ink!

Old 05-28-2018, 06:48 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
The evolution of society/societies is normal. And from studying past civilizations, they all have risen and then fallen. IMO since we know so much of our past, we should be able to avert the collapse of modern society, but it won't be easy. We really do have to take a hard look at the consequences of having 7.6 billion people on this planet. And the number is still growing.

I am for gradual not sudden changes in our society because that is the only real way that good and permanent changes are made. And I am against all the hating and bashing of the old ways of life.

IMO the Paris Climate Change Accord was extremely flawed. Unchecked human population growth was not at all addressed. If First World countries were expected to give money and help to the poorer countries, then part of that package should have also included mandatory birth control. No family should have more than two children, and any family having one child or even no children should be rewarded. And encourage families to consider for adult siblings to have the two children between them and then raise them together. All the Third World and developing countries are being held back by the problem of having too many people and not enough resources.

And enough with the US being concerned over the drop in the number of babies being born in this country. What if there were less children going through our public school systems so that we can downsize our schools, and use the savings (~$11K per grade school student per year and the money we spend on student loans for college students) and move it towards our Society Security fund? By my not having a child, I saved my local and state governments $132K in school costs. Surely I should be able to use that money to fund my Social Security payments in my old age!!! And since most couples I know have two children, then that's $264K for me!!!!

And this is also why I don't want my taxes going towards educating illegals or DACAs for free.
Dunno? More and more people, robots taking the jobs...something has to give?

Old 05-28-2018, 06:53 AM

26,512 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Makes sense.

That is because men stress their wives out and are more dead baggage for them. This is why wives do better than men after the death of their spouse. In other words, most men are not carrying their own weight in a marriage.
You are also ignoring that men leave their wives with more life insurance and bigger 401Ks when they die on average than vice versa...

It isn't only "dead baggage" as you say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies