Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 06:31 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
What you have to understand about America is that we value our freedom more than anything else. We feel as though we can live our lives better on our own than with government holding our hand through life. I was raised to NEVER accept government charity, That government charity will demoralize you and lead you to a life of government dependence. My parents were right. In America there's a phenomenon of poor and middle class people who vote for LESS government charity and they own land, cars, guns, businesses. Their freedom is more important to them than a government check, You do not find this anywhere else in the world and they are the reason that America is the world's lone super power.
I call bs, the open mouth breather Trump voters that
live around here take plenty of handouts and have
not much clarity on whats going on other
than they want to win at any cost. maga. Trump was and is entertainment for them.
They are following their favorite "wrastling" sow called the us presidency.
You try to talk politics with them and they have
no clue about what goes on in the rest of world
nor have many even been out of the state much less out of the country.
So I do not for one minute believe that they even realize what freedom looks like.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:38 AM

20,461 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
America's foundations used to be made of rock........ now they are sand. Americans sense this, and are uneasy. There is a sense we are in America's end days of being a superpower.

Trump comes along and says this isn't so. America can still wave the big stick. A belief by many, that this very rich man will help make things better, and how they used to be.

The fact he is at least a sociopathic liar, and maybe worse, won't stop him winning a second term. Many Americans feel he is better than anyone the Democrats can put up. Americans are fed up of the same old crap, and want something different.

Well, they've got it.
we could have gotten in the way back machine and traveled back to 1982. What you just said here about TheDonald was what was being said about Ronald Reagan. That worked out pretty well.

your perspective isn't perspective. its progressive perspective.

So the things that are happening.
1. last month the US Treasury took in the most money in a single month in its history.
2. North Korea has invited American journalists to come witness its destruction of it nuclear facilities.
3. TheDonald took the status of Jerusalem off the table yesterday. That was a thing every president said they would do since Bill Clinton. If we ever have peace in the middle east, it will come after the Palestinians accept that Israel has a right to exist.
4. The economy is growing faster than it has in a very long time.
5. African American unemployment is the lowest it has ever been.
6. Hispanic unemployment is the lowest it has ever been.
7. Female unemployment is approaching historic lows.
8. Overall unemployment is approaching historic lows.

Trumps policies have been
1. remove burdensome government regulation that blocks pathways to success.
2. reduce tax burden
3. stand strong on the world stage and confront those that claim to be our enemies.

On all counts he has done these things and they seem to be working. There isn't anything evil in any of that. I am sure that doesn't matter to you are any other here that comes from a left view of things.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:43 AM

20,461 posts, read 12,381,706 times
If you remove the votes from NYC, Los Angeles, San Fran and Chicago, Hillary didn't even get close to Trump.

Now what that tells you is quite simply that America isn't what our largest cities are.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:54 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
If you remove the votes from NYC, Los Angeles, San Fran and Chicago, Hillary didn't even get close to Trump.

Now what that tells you is quite simply that America isn't what our largest cities are.
So why exactly do you think you get to discount the opinions of roughly 55 million people?

I've never understood this argument. "If you remove California" "If you take out X city". After the recent State Supreme Court election in WI I saw someone argue "If you remove Madison and Milwaukee" well that's half the state population. Why do you think people in cities don't count? Just because we're not physically spread out means we're somehow not worthy? It makes zero sense.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:04 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
we could have gotten in the way back machine and traveled back to 1982. What you just said here about TheDonald was what was being said about Ronald Reagan. That worked out pretty well.

your perspective isn't perspective. its progressive perspective.

So the things that are happening.
1. last month the US Treasury took in the most money in a single month in its history.
2. North Korea has invited American journalists to come witness its destruction of it nuclear facilities.
3. TheDonald took the status of Jerusalem off the table yesterday. That was a thing every president said they would do since Bill Clinton. If we ever have peace in the middle east, it will come after the Palestinians accept that Israel has a right to exist.
4. The economy is growing faster than it has in a very long time.
5. African American unemployment is the lowest it has ever been.
6. Hispanic unemployment is the lowest it has ever been.
7. Female unemployment is approaching historic lows.
8. Overall unemployment is approaching historic lows.

Trumps policies have been
1. remove burdensome government regulation that blocks pathways to success.
2. reduce tax burden
3. stand strong on the world stage and confront those that claim to be our enemies.

On all counts he has done these things and they seem to be working. There isn't anything evil in any of that. I am sure that doesn't matter to you are any other here that comes from a left view of things.
Firstly I am not left wing. Used to be when I was young, but not anymore. Ronald Reagan? Old trickle down economics man? The man who legalised all the illegals? Rose tinted glasses I'm afraid.

So, the US treasury is awash in money huh? That national overdraft getting any smaller?

North Korea has it's nuclear weapons now. Doesn't need to test. I wouldn't trust Kim as far as I can throw him.

Jerusalem is awash in blood right now. Maybe you're right, and having the Embassy in Jerusalem is worth it. I ain't arguing. I haven't got much time for those so called Palestinians.

The economy sure is growing. Tax cuts do that. Doesn't mean it will last.

I guess all those Black and Hispanic folks should be grateful there is more minimum wage jobs to go round. Don't mean they can live on it.

Lets see how long these low unemployment figures last. Balloons tend to burst.

Like I said. Trump is a sociopathic liar. You know it, and so does everybody else. But, if he manages to keep the flim flam going, he will win again in 2020. That's how fed up Americans are of politicians in general.

Here is your hero Ronnie, showing who is boss........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR3RqMMIwD4

Old 05-15-2018, 08:11 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
I call bs, the open mouth breather Trump voters that
live around here take plenty of handouts and have
not much clarity on whats going on other
than they want to win at any cost. maga. Trump was and is entertainment for them.
They are following their favorite "wrastling" sow called the us presidency.
You try to talk politics with them and they have
no clue about what goes on in the rest of world
nor have many even been out of the state much less out of the country.
So I do not for one minute believe that they even realize what freedom looks like.
And a good number of Hillary voters are/were just enamored by the outpouring of pop stars and celebrities (ie entertainment) that stood behind her. The majority of voters have no clue or just go by a very superficial set of what they think is common knowledge. If people voted with their brains neither Hillary or Trump would have been nominated, let alone made it as far as they did.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:18 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
I see a lot of hatred and contempt in this thread and very little of it is coming from the right.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:23 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Seeing as how America is a celebration of diversity and, outside of Native Americans, we of us are immigrants, I don't believe that one person can represent this entire nation.

Donald Trump certainly does not embody everything great about this country. I mean, unless you consider multiple extramarital affairs, insulting your political opponents, name-calling, and grabbing women by the ***** to be representative of what's best about America.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:44 AM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Throw out the populated coastal metros for a bit. Donald Trump probably represents a majority of the people outside of those geographically small areas.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:49 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
I don't see what is so wrong about our President putting America first. Why would we want a President that supported everyone else's interest but our?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies