Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2018, 08:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I heard him say it on the full video and knew exactly what he was talking about. I didn't even vote for the guy but acknowledge the media obsession to report with bias. He did not speak poorly in this instance and the media is either too stupid or biased to understand it and report (or not) correctly. The ones reporting this as calling all immigrants animals do not have enough intelligence and/or integrity to do their job. The onus is on them.
Yes he did speak poorly. He should have clearly said -- the violent illegal immigrants or MS-13. He should have chosen his words better.

Any public figure should choose their words carefully when they are communicating so there is no potential for purposefully misunderstanding or misreading.

It's not that difficult. It really isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 08:11 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times
And for the upteenth time -- yes we know Trump didn't mean to suggest all illegal residents are animals -- just the violent ones but that's why it is important to be a good, clear communicator.

Those MS-13 illegal residents are animals.........

Those illegals are animals.......

Of course the latter statement does include MS-13 but could be construed to mean all illegals.

It just does -- yes yes yes - we know what he meant to say.

then say it -- he didn't even have to use big words or anything......

Old 05-17-2018, 08:15 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,814,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes he did speak poorly. He should have clearly said -- the violent illegal immigrants or MS-13. He should have chosen his words better.

Any public figure should choose their words carefully when they are communicating so there is no potential for purposefully misunderstanding or misreading.

It's not that difficult. It really isn't.
We'll agree to disagree in this instance. I will agree that his communication style could be better, but it will not change so the press needs to adjust in order to report with integrity and honesty. Otherwise they appear too lazy to do the work (or too biased), instead of being spoonfed eloquent soundbites as in the previous administration. Would I appreciate him being better at it? Of course, but it is not going to happen so let's move on.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:15 PM

63,001 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Trump lied about President Obama not being born in the US for 7 years and now you want to cut him some slack?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzpY7aDPhtw

He lied about paying off Stormy Daniels....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M8YYSTznKU

He lied about his Inaugural crowd sizes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPZ1UmHEEdc

and now you want to say he didn't call Immigrants "animals"???
He calls them worse than that though...drug dealers and rapists !

Unless of course they are from Norway !

For the umpteenth time Trump did not call plain ole immigrants, animals. He was speaking of the MS-13 gang members. He did not call Mexicans here legally, rapists, etc. either. He was speaking of those here illegally and it's just a fact that some of them are.

Stick your race card back in your wallet! It matters not where an immigrant or illegal alien is from. if they are harming our citizens in any way they shouldn't be here and especially not illegal aliens who are here in violation of our immigration laws.

All of your other remarks about Trump are off topic and just a deflection because you can't handle the truth that it was the MSN that lied about the issue we are discussing.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:20 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,240,088 times
Quote:
We'll agree to disagree in this instance. I will agree that his communication style could be better, but it will not change so the press needs to adjust in order to report with integrity and honesty. Otherwise they appear too lazy to do the work (or too biased), instead of being spoonfed eloquent soundbites as in the previous administration. Would I appreciate him being better at it? Of course, but it is not going to happen so let's move on.
ha ha, no. The press does not need to "adjust" by pretending that he didn't say the words that came out of his mouth. He's the one who has control over that, and the rest of us can only go by what he says, not what other people want to pretend he meant.

He doubled down again today and this was far from the first time he's referred to human beings as animals. It doesn't matter whether he says it's a big group or a small group, it remains a despicable, not remotely Christian statement, period.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
ha ha, no. The press does not need to "adjust" by pretending that he didn't say the words that came out of his mouth. He's the one who has control over that, and the rest of us can only go by what he says, not what other people want to pretend he meant.

He doubled down again today and this was far from the first time he's referred to human beings as animals. It doesn't matter whether he says it's a big group or a small group, it remains a despicable, not remotely Christian statement, period.
They are ANIMALS. You can love them if you like, I will continue to call them ANIMALS, every day. They are not human beings because they do not have any respect for human life, not yours not mine not anyone's. They would laugh in your face at your empathy for them, and then slit your throat.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:26 PM

27,682 posts, read 16,171,854 times
Like Sarah said, the left can defend ms-13 all they want. Not good. The poo is on them

Old 05-17-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
They are ANIMALS. You can love them if you like, I will continue to call them ANIMALS, every day. They are not human beings because they do not have any respect for human life.
You can lie and claim that I said I loved criminals. I didn't. And you can continue to shout despicable statements that I will continue to decry every time you. I'm not sure if you claim to a Christian or not, but Trump does, so it makes him even worse.

BTW, I consider myself better than murderers - that's why I can acknowledge that even they are entitled to recognition of their humanity even if they don't demonstrate it themselves in their horrible treatment of others. Surely you too are better than a murderer?

Old 05-17-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Like Sarah said, the left can defend ms-13 all they want. Not good. The poo is on them
Ah yes, Sarah Huckabee. Another so-called Christian who has zero concept of what that actually means.

Ironically, I'm not even Christian and I seem to have a far better grasp of the concept.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
You can lie and claim that I said I loved criminals. I didn't. And you can continue to shout despicable statements that I will continue to decry every time you. I'm not sure if you claim to a Christian or not, but Trump does, so it makes him even worse.

BTW, I consider myself better than murderers - that's why I can acknowledge that even they are entitled to recognition of their humanity even if they don't demonstrate it themselves. Surely you too are better than a murderer?
My religious affiliation is none of your business and I do not bring it up to denigrate anyone, ever. But you sure seem to sling it to denigrate.

Like I added to my last post:

These criminals would laugh in your face at your empathy for them, and then slit your throat. I hope you never find yourself face to face with one.

And of course I am better than a murderer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies