Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 07:09 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times

Advertisements

Dan Rather is trying to create his own "Watergate" and trying to become relative again.

It is funny to see how the creator of fake news is in such a mental state that he dare to create fake news again. Dan Rather must be a very sick individual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 08:08 AM

45,553 posts, read 27,160,554 times
A little history for those not aware of the king of Fake News...

Dan Rather Is Suddenly Very Concerned About Fake News

Rather has an interesting relationship with facts and propaganda himself. Just before the 2004 election, Rather reported that then-President George W. Bush had gone AWOL while serving in the Texas Air National Guard. There was only one problem with Rather’s story: it was totally false. Rather was removed from his spot at CBS’s anchor desk after it was determined that his story was untrue, and he left the network shortly thereafter.

--------------------

The Truth About Dan Rather’s Deceptive Reporting on George W. Bush

Old 02-19-2017, 08:15 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,990 times
What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Old 02-19-2017, 08:18 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
The irony here is that Bush actually was AWOL.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:27 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
The irony here is that Bush actually was AWOL.
Was Bush honorably discharged from the Texas National Guard?

Back to the topic.

Rather used documentation he knew were forged. Fake news.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:33 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
A little history for those not aware of the king of Fake News...

Dan Rather Is Suddenly Very Concerned About Fake News

Rather has an interesting relationship with facts and propaganda himself. Just before the 2004 election, Rather reported that then-President George W. Bush had gone AWOL while serving in the Texas Air National Guard. There was only one problem with Rather’s story: it was totally false. Rather was removed from his spot at CBS’s anchor desk after it was determined that his story was untrue, and he left the network shortly thereafter.

--------------------

The Truth About Dan Rather’s Deceptive Reporting on George W. Bush
That story was NOT false
It was the shame of CBS that the hierarchy NOT from the news side which had given CBS its revered history decided to knuckle under to Bush lawyers and money and not stand by Rather...
Some of the source info Rather wanted to use had questionable history but the truth was that Bush was given a preferred spot in Tx ANG due to,family connections, that he did not honor the contract, and he was allowed to,get away with it and protected by his dad's buddies...

Dan Rather was sacrificed by his news agency

Old 02-19-2017, 08:34 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Was Bush honorably discharged from the Texas National Guard?

Back to the topic.

Rather used documentation he knew were forged. Fake news.
Adding "fake news" to the end is like adding "neener neener."

I'm not saying Rather didn't screw it up.

I'm saying Bush WAS indeed AWOL.

That was put to bed years ago.

It ruined Rather's career. Which is why the whole "fake news" cry is so weird now.

Journalists know their careers are on the line.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:37 AM

45,344 posts, read 60,522,810 times
Yes it was put to bed. It was false.

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Rumor has it the "thousands and thousands" Trump 'saw' celebrating the 9/11 attacks in the streets of Jersey City all know the frequency, it's a shame no one can locate them.

23,970 posts, read 15,069,127 times
My memory of the Dan Rather scandal is a little different than yours. IIRC, a person came to the producer, told her a story, gave her documents which she verified. She had her ducks in row and then the guy and the witness he provided changed their stories.

She took Dan Rather and others down with her.

She is the person who told the world about Abu Ghraib.

IMO, she should have been triple careful about anything she did after the Abu Ghraib story. I'm surprised she wasn't killed. I guess killing her career was a lot more painful for her.

I will continue to trust mainstream tv and newspapers even though they make mistakes. I will never trust the FBI, CIA and the Pentagon. Lying to them is second nature and their motives are always self serving.

Donald Trump is correct when he tells us we don't know what is going on. Trouble is, I don't think he does either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies