Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2018, 03:00 PM

189 posts, read 110,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
you are wrong.

I had an abortion before it was 'legal'.
My ex-husband's grandmother had an abortion in the 1930s. It's always been about those that could afford to go to the abortionist, whether it was in a back-alley (in the 1930s) in Japan (in the 1960s) or in New York (1970s) and those who could not. Rich women have always been able to get abortions.

This is an economic issue. It's a war against the poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 03:03 PM

89,030 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Sigh.

Open-D posted: " PP is nothing but an abortion mill that slaughters mostly minority infants" and that's factually incorrect, what with by far the majority of PP's activities having eff-all to with abortion at all. I cannot make it any plainer without resorting to finger puppets or possibly interpretative dance.
Good for you, but you've FAILED to explain why Black women have 5 times the rate of abortion of White women, with Hispanic women not far behind Blacks. Why are minorities so targeted for abortions instead of contraception when PP provides both?

Old 05-25-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Gosh, I dunno, maybe it has something to do with poverty?
PP provides both contraception and abortions. Why are minority women so highly targeted for abortions instead of contraception services?

Old 05-25-2018, 03:12 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
My deepest sympathy for terminating your pregnancy.
There will always be special circumstances that justify abortion even if still considered
immoral in the eyes of others and this is an extraordinary example.
You knew the outcome would result in a crippling hardship to your family and a disastrous quality of life for the unborn. You chose with your heart and had the life cease.That took great courage.

As an example:" Remember Dr.Kevorkian: champion of a terminally ill patient's right to die?"

Laws do not allow to terminate your own life or anyone else owning a Birth Certificate or S.S. number.
Our Laws encompass resuscitation of the clinically dead except by intervention of DNR, Health Proxies, etc.....

It may not be murder in the eyes of the Law but it remains murder in the eyes of others to kill the unborn.
It may not be a Law to knowingly conceive but is a sin to sentence an unborn child to a life of hell if the two procreating this child have destroyed their bodies knowingly prior to conception by way of continuous drug use and disease.
It may not be a Law to create a child in a lab from a test tube but it is a sin to destroy the fetus once the experiments are completed.

Ultimately the decision of the unborn belongs to the mother until it becomes Law.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:14 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
PP provides both contraception and abortions. Why are minority women so highly targeted for abortions instead of contraception services?
Can you provide evidence for this statement, please?

Old 05-25-2018, 03:16 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. Sure rubbers ARE cheap. and they break, are misused, or because of the Republicans in charge people are told that abstinance is the only solution, and then everyone acts surprised when kids come around.

Do you honestly think these women prefer a abortion, over having someone use a condom?

All you are doing is trying to place blame on someone, not deal with the issue or the discussion.
The percentage of rubbers that do break is very, very small.

Anyone who believes abstinence is the only solution is a mind-numbing fool. I was taught abstinence in school (from the South) and nearly everyone in our sex-ed class knew the teacher was full of BS.

A very large number of girls and women specifically tell their dudes not to wrap it up, and vice versa, because it "takes away from the experience" or something. A lot of dudes pressured their baby's mamas into raw-dogging it, and the girls went along with it because they didn't want them to get a different chick. I grew up around this stuff; believe me, I saw it in person multiple times.

It is all about personal responsibility; either don't have sex or use a rubber. I personally don't care if a chick has 30 abortions, just as long as I don't have to pay for them.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
The percentage of rubbers that do break is very, very small.

Anyone who believes abstinence is the only solution is a mind-numbing fool. I was taught abstinence in school (from the South) and nearly everyone in our sex-ed class knew the teacher was full of BS.

A very large number of girls and women specifically tell their dudes not to wrap it up, and vice versa, because it "takes away from the experience" or something. A lot of dudes pressured their baby's mamas into raw-dogging it, and the girls went along with it because they didn't want them to get a different chick. I grew up around this stuff; believe me, I saw it in person multiple times.

It is all about personal responsibility; either don't have sex or use a rubber. I personally don't care if a chick has 30 abortions, just as long as I don't have to pay for them.
Do you have employer-sponsored heath care insurance? Are you aware that Colorado does not preclude coverage of abortion for state-funded insurance offered through state exchanges under the Affordable Care Act. I tell you this because my abortion was covered by my employer-sponsored insurance, which means that everyone who was in the same pool helped cover the procedure. Just thought you should know.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Can you provide evidence for this statement, please?
Abortion and Women of Color - Guttmacher Policy Review

Old 05-25-2018, 03:33 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Do you have employer-sponsored heath care insurance? Are you aware that Colorado does not preclude coverage of abortion for state-funded insurance offered through state exchanges under the Affordable Care Act. I tell you this because my abortion was covered by my employer-sponsored insurance, which means that everyone who was in the same pool helped cover the procedure. Just thought you should know.
I'm self-employed. I'm also snipped. I'm also for free-market healthcare, which would take the onus off the employers.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Did you actually read the link you posted? Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies