Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 07:28 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The B-1 bomber program funds are only to be used for that program, how do they determine that funds are being used appropriately when they have other non-government programs under the same roof.
There is no illegal DoD funding. Whereas, funding abortions is prohibited by the Hyde Amendment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
The actual cost for funding abortions is extremely low. So why don't the people who think it should be fund it fund it privately? 100 million donors of $1 each would cover it easily. Are leftists so greedy and unorganized that they cannot fund a cause they care about? I guess so.
I sincerely hope that's NOT the reason they can't get their act together.

To be honest, this seems to be more about control. There is a certain segment of the population which absolutely wants to FORCE others to violate their conscience and morals. It's a way to dehumanize them. It's sick. It's ugly. But it is what it is.

And I agree... It would be ridiculously easy for those who support abortion to adequately fund them via voluntary donations.
Quote:
I am pro choice BTW.
As am I, given the condition that NO ONE is forced to violate their own conscience/morals on the abortion issue.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
so, women aren't capable of making their own decisions?
If that woman is a female fetus? Quite clearly, no.

FYI, that's why we have fetal homicide laws.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
and there's no federal law against abortion.
There is a federal law against the taxpayer funding of abortion. You know that. Don't be obtuse.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:08 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
Great News! Make America Great again (Stop killing the Unborn)
So I gather you quite passionately support passage of a law requiring forced birth for all women who don't want to be pregnant. Not being in compliance would mean a severe consequence, a charge of murder. Am I right with you?

Old 05-21-2018, 11:12 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,553,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Providing healthcare to women is so horrendous. It must be stopped. They can get their pap smears, mammograms etc. in the back alley where it belongs.
You are aware, aren't you, the PP is nothing but an abortion mill that slaughters mostly minority infants?

Well of course you are. That's why you want to keep funding it.

Today, abortion mills.

Tommorrow, ovens.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:20 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Do some research.

There are low cost health clinics in every town where there is a PP. Every/Single/ One.
Your research must be flawed, because in my little town outside of Philadelphia, there is a Planned Parenthood office, but no other federally funded family planning provider within 10 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Abortion stays legal and like many things they do not fund currently, taxpayers will no longer provide any funding whatsoever to abortions?

I am failing to see the problem.
Taxpayers already do not support abortions. It is illegal for federal money to pay for abortions.

Quote:
People who want abortions can still get them, and people opposed to abortion and the funding thereof will no longer be involuntarily forced to fund something they disagree with. Everyone wins.
Women and men who rely on Planned Parenthood for routine medical care via Medicaid, and people who rely on Planned Parenthood for family planning will lose out.

Quote:
If the 300k or so abortions aren't funded by taxpayers, someone will fund them, or the recipient of that "care" will pay for themselves. Do not confuse "did not pay" with "COULD NOT pay." Not everyone who takes advantage of taxpayer funded abortion is incapable of paying, they simply choose not to because they don't have to.
LMAO.

There are no federal taxpayer funded abortions outside of those allowed by the Hyde Amendment, and even then only for women eligible for Medicaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm not getting WHY so many people think they're entitled to services paid for by others via confiscation of their income or wealth. Just run PP on voluntary donations.
Here's why: It's the law. Planned Parenthood is an approved Medicaid provider; hence, when it provides services reimbursable by Medicaid, it gets federal dollars. Just like any other Medicaid provider. Planned Parenthood is a Title X provider; it receives federal dollars to provide Title X services. Just like any other Title X recipient.

It's really quite simple to grasp ...

Last edited by Ohiogirl81; 05-21-2018 at 11:29 AM..

Old 05-21-2018, 11:25 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
You are aware, aren't you, the PP is nothing but an abortion mill that slaughters mostly minority infants?

Well of course you are. That's why you want to keep funding it.

Today, abortion mills.

Tommorrow, ovens.
You are aware that you are incorrect and that PP offers preventative healthcare to women, and abortions is a small part of what they do?

Old 05-21-2018, 11:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Title X funds do not pay for abortions. Stripping them from clinics that offer women's healthcare services is evil.

Par for the course from Trump.

If you do not want an abortion, do not get one, but your tax money is not paying for abortions, so why do you want to take away things like pap smears, mammograms, etc?

I guess as long as women are not allowed their legal right to choose, they're happy. They don't give a damn about women.

Kind of how they don't give a damn about kids once they are born.

The pro-birth line of thought is completely baffling.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:45 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,806,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Title X funds do not pay for abortions. Stripping them from clinics that offer women's healthcare services is evil.

Par for the course from Trump.

If you do not want an abortion, do not get one, but your tax money is not paying for abortions, so why do you want to take away things like pap smears, mammograms, etc?

I guess as long as women are not allowed their legal right to choose, they're happy. They don't give a damn about women.

Kind of how they don't give a damn about kids once they are born.

The pro-birth line of thought is completely baffling.

It's all about controlling women's sex lives.

The next step will be to ban women from the workplace or certain types of jobs to promote stay-at-home moms. This is coming soon from conservatives. It wouldn't surprise me if we start hearing this as a solution to the school shooting problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies