Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 06:28 PM

21,307 posts, read 19,935,250 times

Advertisements

Even The Onion couldn’t make this up. Dr Boutte? “Booty”

Old 05-21-2018, 06:30 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,940,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
While the behavior is despicable, what makes your think affirmative action and college quotas had anything to do with this doctor's academic records? Just because a person is black and has a career doesn't mean they got it through affirmative action.
LOL - you don't seem very familiar with this forum.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
This thread pretty much demonstrates why so many people won't go to a black doctor.
Why would one person acting one way make you assume all people that look like that person would act the same way?

Who the hell thinks like this?

If you meet an angry pilot of a phantom, would you assume all pilots of phantoms are angry?

Old 05-21-2018, 07:02 PM

73,129 posts, read 62,969,043 times
Quote:
This thread pretty much demonstrates why so many people won't go to a black doctor.
This thread only demonstrates yellow journalism at a low level: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_journalism

And when I'm talking about yellow journalism, I'm talking about the title of this thread, not the news clip.

1) We don't know whether or not those were affirmative action candidates.
2) That was ONE (1) doctor doing this. One. And this is where yellow journalism. The OP taking that news clip and using it to say "see, this is an affirmative action candidate".

If many people refuse to go to a Black doctor based on that news clip, then that is on them. That is their prejudice. That is them believing that a Black doctor is somehow inferior.

And what about Dr. Ben Carson? A Black doctor who revolutionized separating conjoined twins? Is someone going to refuse to see him?

Old 05-21-2018, 07:06 PM

73,129 posts, read 62,969,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
While the behavior is despicable, what makes your think affirmative action and college quotas had anything to do with this doctor's academic records? Just because a person is black and has a career doesn't mean they got it through affirmative action.
Behavior like this can be found regardless of how someone got into a profession. Think about some of the corruption scandals that have taken place.

This is what it confirms to me. This is not so much about affirmative action. I'm sure there are some Hispanic doctors that might have benefited from affirmative action. How many would have, I don't know. The only way to know who benefited from affirmative action is to know their test scores. I do know this. It is only Blacks that anyone is complaining about.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:15 PM

25,901 posts, read 16,626,281 times
In my experience the black doctors seem to be excellent. I had a bad ankle for 10 years until I saw a female African doctor here on a visa she told me. She prescribed the right meds and physical therapy and cured me. Just my experience but I wouldn’t hesitate to trust a black doc.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
In my experience the black doctors seem to be excellent. I had a bad ankle for 10 years until I saw a female African doctor here on a visa she told me. She prescribed the right meds and physical therapy and cured me. Just my experience but I wouldn’t hesitate to trust a black doc.
You mean you treat people as individuals?

What has gotten into you?

Old 05-21-2018, 07:21 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,826,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
You mean you treat people as individuals?

What has gotten into you?
Exactly. This thread and others like it from both sides make me wonder about my fellow Americans.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 15,237,845 times
Quote:
Surely you understand that AA lowers the bar for the recipient population? You do grasp this concept, correct?

If they had the same scores as the rest they wouldn't need AA now, would they?
It is certainly true that liberal affirmative action judges people based on skin color over merit to a degree, but it is also true that not every black in college needed affirmative action to get into college.

She appears to be a person who makes bad choices (along with some of the nurses), which doesn't prove one way or the other that she needed affirmative action.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:37 PM

19,914 posts, read 12,208,953 times
I wish OP hadn’t made this thread about AA as this is a horrifying story. The local report is even more damning, especially the longer video at the bottom of the article. Videos of exposed butts in the air shot from the foot to show the victim’s crack while the “doctor” mocks her patient. A psychopath with a scalpel.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/2-investi...uits/751266828

Every single person in the room one each of those videos (save the victims) should be stripped of every possession for decades. Yes, that is my immediate emotional response but these people are pure evil. I have seen videos where nurses have mocked the patient under anesthesia, but never to such a sadistic level as this woman and the pseudo medical professionals in the room with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies