Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 04:48 AM

19,889 posts, read 12,179,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Fake News!
Thank you for your intelligent contribution to the thread.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:37 AM

73,177 posts, read 62,867,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
From her website:

"Dr. Boutté was a Summa c u m Laude honors graduate of Xavier University in New Orleans, Louisiana, majoring in BIOLOGY, and minoring in both ART and ENGLISH. She received her medical doctorate degree from UCLA School of Medicine in Los Angeles, California. She completed her residency at Emory University School of Medicine, becoming board certified in SKIN SURGERY and DERMATOLOGY."

She appears to be well trained in dermatology but trying to do procedures for which she was not trained. Dermatology is a hard residency to get into.

The language in her website, with a lot of CAPITAL LETTERS*, is not very professional, either. The boasting is over the top.

Bottom line: she is a narcissist who is not qualified to do what she is doing. She should lose her license and not be allowed to practice anywhere.

The video bit is just totally unprofessional.

*The rules for capitalization on that site escape me.
Furthermore, she puts caps on English and Art, which aren't relevant to being a doctor. By the way, there is a ban on affirmative action in California. Ultra-liberal California. This means Dr. Boutté had to get in on stringent standards. Proof that she wasn't an affirmative action candidate. I dare someone to accuse her of being an affirmative action candidate.

Doing procedures one is not trained to do, that is risky, and in many cases, has proven costly. That is something affirmative action cannot account for. If you are not trained for a certain procedure, you shouldn't do it. Or at the least, go back and get trained in it.

Quote:
Memorization does not produce clinical judgment. That comes from taking care of patients, a lot of patients.

That produces doctors like my father's internist who got an EKG when my dad said his indigestion was acting up. My dad was in the cath lab lickety-split and had bypass surgery that prevented his death from an impending massive heart attack.
And taking care of patients, alot of them, is something that requires alot of skill. Memorization doesn't produce clincal judgment. On the other hand, it is alot of stuff to remember, and all at once. No room for error.

BTW, that intern showed that he knew what he was doing. He saved your father's life as a result. Even good test scores cannot account for judgment.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:43 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,206,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
It doesn't stand. Your point lacks logic and would never be a serious defense should this ever be litigated.

The demand that one shows that " every instance of misconduct/malpractice was committed by an affirmative action/quota recipient" isn't a mandate that anyone would need to follow.

Because misconduct and malpractice is a statistical occurrence. It will never be relegated only to one group, any more than violent crime is relegated to one group. However, that's not what matters is it? What maters is the rate of occurrence.

They would only have to show that the rate is higher in the affirmative action group. Given that the barrier to entry for them is lower, the rate will be higher. As competence, as tested, goes down, mistakes go up.

Again, this is your goalpost based on your nonsense mandate. Because it is based on a nonsense mandate, meeting it isn't a requirement for the debate to move forward.

It does stand because the OP stated clearly that this is what affirmative action and quotas get you. He/she gave no room for any other result. So it is entirely proper to challenge the OP to show that every instance of misconduct/malpractice was committed by an affirmative action/quota recipient.

Further, you have not proven that the rates of misconduct or malpractice are higher in the affirmative action group. Bring your evidence. In litigation, you prepare your evidence, which you have not done.

Spare me the whining about a mandate. Do you know what a mandate is? Obviously not or you wouldn’t bother using the term here. Nice try though.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:08 AM

19,385 posts, read 6,537,401 times
To Green Mariner:

I'm new here and don't know how to quote just part of your post (if someone can tell me, great), but I take exception to your statement that CA bans AA policies and therefore this doctor had to get in under stringent standards.

When California instituted the ban and the same academic standards were applied to blacks as whites, the number of blacks admitted to medical school plummeted. So, in a way to get around the ban, CA came up with a different approach - assigning value points to different characteristics unrelated to academic ability (measured via scores and grades) - and thus lowering the weight assigned to academic accomplishment.

So basically, liberal medical schools found a way to work around the ban that California voters supported.

http://www.latimes.com/la-oe-hunt7-2008sep07-story.html

Last edited by Rachel976; 05-24-2018 at 06:18 AM..

Old 05-24-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
To Green Mariner:

I'm new here and don't know how to quote just part of your post (if someone can tell me, great), but I take exception to your statement that CA bans AA policies and therefore this doctor had to get in under stringent standards.

When California instituted the ban and the same academic standards were applied to blacks as whites, the number of blacks admitted to medical school plummeted. So, in a way to get around the ban, CA came up with a different approach - assigning value points to different characteristics unrelated to academic ability (measured via scores and grades) - and thus lowering the weight assigned to academic accomplishment.

So basically, liberal medical schools found a way to work around the ban that California voters supported.

UCLA's new admission policy rights a wrong - LA Times
If that is the case, then there is one question. What year did she graduate from medical school?

Old 05-24-2018, 07:22 AM

6,624 posts, read 5,032,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
https://www.facebook.com/wsbtv/video...6823416535695/

Every person in that OR needs to have their license revoked. The state calls nurses 'mandatory reporters' for a reason. The fact that they did not report this the first time it happened should disqualify them from healthcare work.
Its affirmative action because its a black dude. Every POC that gets into college doesn't get in because of affirmative action just like every white person doesn't because of heir privilege. You are an unintended consequence of the internet.

Old 05-24-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Its affirmative action because its a black dude. Every POC that gets into college doesn't get in because of affirmative action just like every white person doesn't because of heir privilege. You are an unintended consequence of the internet.
Some people are just looking for any reason to complain about Black people. And here is another thing to consider. That is the only post from the OP on this thread.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:16 AM

12,058 posts, read 6,609,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, no. Democrats are not trying to have this kind of behavior proliferating universities and other places.

BTW, is your goal to have a homogeneous society where certain ethnic groups are excluded? Because that is really all I can gather from your post.
No of course that’s not my goal —- my point was that HEALTHY diversity and multiculturalism in a country shouldn’t have to include honoring vulgar perverse behavior from any race or culture, reckless law breaking, anarchy, anti-American propaganda, religious/cultural/racial or ideological “supremacy”, perverse violence as TV and video entertainment, hatemongering, rap music that applauds gang raping women, etc etc etc. all things liberals tell us we are racist deplorable Neanderthals if we call these forms of diversity and culture out.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:54 AM

37,217 posts, read 41,453,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
BTW, that intern showed that he knew what he was doing. He saved your father's life as a result. Even good test scores cannot account for judgment.
That is true.

It was an experienced internist, though, not an intern (who is someone in his first year out of medical school).

Old 05-24-2018, 11:56 AM

13,560 posts, read 10,395,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
To Green Mariner:

UCLA's new admission policy rights a wrong - LA Times
Well, grades and test scores don't determine whether you turn out to be a competent physician. You still have to be licensed and pass the exams - which are the same for everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies