Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 11:53 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times

Advertisements

I'd still like to see David Hogg's head get banged by a shopping cart and somebody walk over him trying get a carton of milk. He can go do a die in on a fire ants nest, the little Nazi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 12:05 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'd still like to see David Hogg's head get banged by a shopping cart and somebody walk over him trying get a carton of milk. He can go do a die in on a fire ants nest, the little Nazi.
Tell us how you really feel......

Old 05-30-2018, 12:25 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
And, this, ladies and gentlemen, is prime proof of what is wrong with the tribalism in 'Murica.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:54 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
The kid is trying to bring about change in the proliferation of school shootings and all the right can do is hate him for his efforts.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:43 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The kid is trying to bring about change in the proliferation of school shootings and all the right can do is hate him for his efforts.
Please. Your professed ignorance is remarkable!

He's a paid subsidiary of Bloomberg Inc, and is nothing more than a foul-mouthed punk.

He'll fall off the radar soon---one way or another.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:58 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:

Then please tell us why is is going after the NRA? Why is he not going after the school for implementing and law that basically says: Cops, don't arrest kids if they get in trouble, even if the cops are called on them 30+ times...it'll be harder on them to get a job if they are arrested at a young age.

Which do you think he should be protesting? The NRA or that law?

Old 05-30-2018, 05:46 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
The cop was making a joke about what COULD happen, he was never trying to promote it. I said that it would be a hoot if somebody banged their shopping carts into the protestors heads or walked over and on top of them or kicked them to get out of the way while they shopped.
If they were to protest by laying on train tracks or the highway, if they get run over it would be on them. How is that promoting violence against these idiot kids?

Joke, huh ? Well, how come your side didn't get the "joke" that TV host Nichol Wallace made about how she could "choke Sarah Sanders" recently ? You guys were all up in arms and calling for everything from a Senate investigation to having her sent to prison for making terrorist threats !

By comparison, a TV personality saying something totally benign is nothing, compared to a law enforcement officer saying someone should run over those kids in the parking lot. Your side really has very selective outrage, don't you ?

Old 05-30-2018, 05:52 AM

29,491 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:

How many times does it have to be told to you... is there like a mental block or something ?

No one is hating him for his efforts (well I'm sure there might be some) , the majority of firearms owners don't hate him for this. Everyone , regardless of what "side" you are on wants to see both these mass/school shootings and the violence in the inner cities across our country end. For anyone to think otherwise , is a complete dolt.
What we do hate him for and anyone that can think on their own and pays attention to facts , is his misdirected anger. If he were to only focus on the root causes of the issue, instead of what he's been coached to focus on ( so called "assault weapons" ) we might actually see some change. Instead he becomes a pawn for people like Bloomberg and focuses on the "anti gun" agenda which will get nothing but push back.

Old 05-30-2018, 06:12 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Do schools still have Rifle clubs? That is a part of gun culture. No NRA necessary.
None of mine did. All of the teachers would look at you like you were some sort of freak if you talked about shooting/hunting with friends.

Quote:
Do parents own guns and teach their children how to shoot, take them to the range, go hunting? That is a part of gun culture. No NRA necessary.
So gun culture is doing things with kids that teach them responsibility?

Quote:
Raising the age to 21 won't matter when these kids have already been taught how to shoot and have access to their parents guns.
So in other words what you are saying is, the law is meaningless and it's best to take a chance and infringe others rights based on the actions of a mass murdering scumbag and conflate him/his age with all that are 18-20?
If the shooter was muslim, and Florida said No Muslims can own firearms, would that still make it right? If the shooter was black and Florida said no blacks can own firearms would that still make it right? If a female, no females can own firearms? If gay, no gays can own firearms?
No, it wouldnt.

Quote:
Their parents are promoting the use of guns to them. We do not know whether Cruz grew up in a gun household with his elderly, adopted parents.
You aren't their parents. I doubt parents are promoting the mass murdering of classmates. Hyper hysterical shark jump noted though.

Quote:
However, the couple who let him stay with them DID allow him to bring his guns with him. They would be part of the gun culture.
The law used to be 18 for long gun purchases. Rifles carbines shotguns.
If they denied him residency in their home, he would just have kept looking for someone else to stay with.

Quote:
There was another couple who refused him if he brought his guns into their home. Did they have that right?
Yeah. It's their house, their rules. He wasn't owed anything by anyone.

Quote:
Were they violating his 2nd Amendment rights?
Nope. They own the property, they lay the rules.
Why wasn't he able to put a roof over his head? At 17 I was making enough money to rent an apartment at 850 per month. Wouldn't have had much more than the 94 Cadillac Deville I was driving and that apartment though. That was back when gas in NY was almost 5 dollars per gallon.
Again, I can't sympathize with the scumbag. I didn't ever see a reason to give your side another incident to justify your cause, nor have a reason to throw everything I had going for me away over a person who got off tormenting others by being a coward and a bully.

Quote:
Do you think Minors should have 2nd Amendment rights also?
Yup. I did. From age 13 on. I never shot any schools up. Nor another person.
It says the right of the people. At what age do you become a person?

Quote:
They should not have 1st Amendments rights? Ever hear sticks and stones (or guns 2nd) will break my bones (kill me), but words (1st Amendment) cannot hurt me. That is why even children have one right and not the other.
I don't know, he claims he was bullied. I would argue words hurt him and caused him to harm those that hurt him and worse. Then again I'm not him. Nor can I sympathize with him... I'm just pointing out a symptom. Just like I did when I was a mechanic.
Symptom, System, Component, Cause, Repair, Verify Repair.

It took more than words to get me to react violently. I always could go round for round when it came to slinging insults. I never relinquished power to a bully. I would make it a mission to bury them with embarrassment and regret. Nothing was off limits.

I had a way at finding their deepest darkest secrets and utterly embarrass them.
Parents divorced? Have a weird hobby/habit/fetish? Have a relative locked up for drugs or DWI or in a looney bin? Do something embarrassing/compromising? Usually a jilted ex girlfriend of a bully would feed me the juicy details. I would hit them so hard with what they'd want kept a secret it took the wind out of their sails instantly. Their buddies who'd go along with them would chuckle.

Bullies didn't have friends, they had followers. Friends would defend one another. Bullies "friends" would chuckle and say sorry dude, that was good though...

And if it escalated to getting physical it just meant we squared up in the student parking lot or out on the field at football practice. We either ignored each other to this day, or became friends afterwards.

Remind you, I had unlimited access to rifles and shotguns from 13 on...
I never threatened the use of one nor descended upon them with one. That wasn't even a thought. Why kill someone over being a dick?

It would do what? It would reflect on my parents. It would reflect on other gun owners. And I'd be damned if I would stoop that low to smear and tarnish my parents and gun owners across the country and give your side any relevancy.

I wasn't raised to be a heathen nor a mass murdering scumbag. I at least had enough respect for others lives I wouldn't terminate theirs despite being an Ahole for tormenting others because they have mommy/daddy/drug issues. Or felt that because they came from money they owned everything and everyone and could get away with being an Ahole.

If I got physical with them, it's because their parents didn't cull their behavior with a beating but rather made excuses up for their cherub. "Not my little Johnny, he would never do such a thing!"

I would always conclude whether it was a verbal or physical exchange.
It really tells me alot about you, that you get off harming others. If this doesn't change or stop it, you really need to get help. There is no excuse for you to be like that. None what so ever.

Quote:
You will never read in American Rifleman about an unarmed citizen disarming the bad gun with a gun, i.e, Tuscon, LIRR, Waffle House, and the last school shooting. However, "If you have firsthand "Armed Citizen" experience, call NRA-ILA, etc., etc. They publish those. Gun culture.
I never read about you doing much else to protect kids in a class room other than hide with them, why didn't you disarm the active shooter on your campus?

Quote:
In their June 2018 issue there are a number of articles on "stopping them" from taking away your rights! I am not quoting these since I have no desire to read any of their propaganda. There is only one ad in the entire issue about hunting showing a deer in a scope. Not about politics?

NRA sells fear and paranoia.
They're not wrong.
Politicians believe just like little Davey, that my rights are up for debate. They conflate mass murdering scumbags with everyone else. That's called a false equivalency.
Why should I, or anyone else be subject to draconian laws driven by emotion?
They publish the words out of politicians mouths.
What, I should just be complacent and forfeit my rights and the rights of others according to your emotions?

Nope. Doesn't work that way.

NRA sells insurance for firearms. Isn't that what some of you have proposed? Insuring firearms?
Fear and paranoia? Nah, that's your side of the argument.

I didn't need a magazine from the NRA to tell me what's going on. I'm observant. Forget about that part where I used to live in NY?
You think I'll allow that scourge to sweep the nation? Pfft. Nope.
I just attend meetings with politicians or speak with them over the phone or through email, and donate accordingly. I cut Wayne Lapierre the middle man out of the picture. I go direct to the source. They believe in preserving the 2nd, and don't say anything like "I believe in the second, but..."
They get money. Especially if they want to overturn the 18-20 year old ban on purchasing a shotgun rifle or carbine.

Not one politician on your side of the argument has one logical approach to solving the issue. Not a single one. They like Andrew Cuomo would rather make me and others felons over night because we like something they don't like. In the next breath they blat about how prisons are overflowing and implement programs like PROMISE which protects criminals.

I think we can all agree that program was responsible for the scumbag for getting a firearm legally. Afterall, Superintendent Runcie said himself he was no longer going to punish criminals and lock up kids anymore... because it's hard to get a job, get into college, or get into the military with an arrest record.

Know what else is difficult to get with an arrest record?
Firearms.

But not so much as a peep from you and the other lemmings about that flop of a program. It's the guns and this "gun culture" that's responsible for mass murdering scumbags.

You and your ilk never go after the root cause because you lack the emotional maturity and lack critical thinking skills. I'm glad you're all not doctors or mechanics with the way you all misdiagnose the root causes. And patients would be dying left and right, vehicles wouldn't be fixed without throwing massive amounts of parts at them.

Motive, Incentive, Intent, Enabling outliers.
Symptom. System. Component. Cause. Repair. Verify repair.

You fools would waste your wish on eradicating firearms and ammo from the world and nothing would curb violence. Just means the implement changes.
If you wished evil motives and intentions away, the world could be flooded with firearms and nobody would die from them.
That's what you get for being short sighted. You get the UK banning knives after guns. And after knives what else gets banned?

Maybe you feel comfortable living in a padded room with padded walls wearing a helmet devoid of any sharp or "dangerous" objects. That isn't for me. Nor will I allow it.

Old 05-30-2018, 06:41 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I'd rather be safe than sorry. Remove the guns first, then assess. That is only common sense, something that is sadly lacking in the gun debate in the USA.

Iceland has as many guns/person as the US. ONE murder in 11 years by gun. ONE police shooting in the past decade.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4236365/i...trol-violence/

Europe has had very few to none school shootings, depending on the country. The US?

It's dangerous to go to a school. They are suppose to be a true safe place. And the 2A advocates do nothing, and oppose anything that makes sense.
That is NOT good common sense. It’s gun culture, not just guns. You pointed out that Iceland has a lot of guns, but only one murder in 11 years. Besides the fact it’s like comparing North Dakota to New York City, they don’t have the same gun culture. It’s how bans in the UK or Australia can work, but not in Mexico or Brazil. We are closer to Mexico or Brazil than we are to Iceland or the UK or Australia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies