Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 10:23 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times

Advertisements

Trump gets another hostage released on his watch, this time its Joshua Holt released from Venezuela.

Efforts by many lead to the release. The release of Americans held unjustly is a normal part of this admin. State Department policy. No terrorists have been released in trade.

Rep. Mia Love says she is “beyond thrilled Josh Holt is coming home.”
“I am beyond thrilled that Josh Holt is coming home. The President phoned me this morning to share the great news, and I’m grateful that President Trump for listening and getting Josh home.

Utah hostage Josh Holt released from Venezuelan prison | fox13now.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 11:55 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times
God Bless President Trump!

Old 05-26-2018, 12:02 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Hatch's office said the Utah Republican had secured Holt's release, with the help of Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tennessee, and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Holt is from Hatch's state of Utah. Holt's wife, Thamy, has also been released, Hatch said.

Hatch issued a statement shortly after the president's first tweet.

"Over the last two years I've worked with two presidential administrations, countless diplomatic contacts, ambassadors from all over the world, a network of contacts in Venezuela, and President Maduro himself, and I could not be more honored to be able to reunite Josh with his sweet, long-suffering family in Riverton," Hatch tweeted.

Sounds a lot more like Hatch got it done, doesn't it?

I'm willing to be that not many people here were even aware that there was a US prisoner in Venezuela, based on there are no other threads about Holt on these boards.

Last edited by Old Town FFX; 05-26-2018 at 12:54 PM..

Old 05-26-2018, 01:26 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Hatch's office said the Utah Republican had secured Holt's release, with the help of Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tennessee, and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Holt is from Hatch's state of Utah. Holt's wife, Thamy, has also been released, Hatch said.

Hatch issued a statement shortly after the president's first tweet.

"Over the last two years I've worked with two presidential administrations, countless diplomatic contacts, ambassadors from all over the world, a network of contacts in Venezuela, and President Maduro himself, and I could not be more honored to be able to reunite Josh with his sweet, long-suffering family in Riverton," Hatch tweeted.

Sounds a lot more like Hatch got it done, doesn't it?

I'm willing to be that not many people here were even aware that there was a US prisoner in Venezuela, based on there are no other threads about Holt on these boards.
Sounds different depending on who is talking.
The anti-Trumpers are a dishonest lot. Never willing to give credit to Trump for anything positive.

“I am beyond thrilled that Josh Holt is coming home. The President phoned me this morning to share the great news, and I’m grateful that President Trump for listening and getting Josh home.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:33 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Sounds different depending on who is talking.
The anti-Trumpers are a dishonest lot. Never willing to give credit to Trump for anything.

I'll be happy to give credit where credit is due, this seems like Trump called her to say he's coming home. Great. It sounds like the lions share came from Hatch, over a long time.

https://twitter.com/senorrinhatch/st...67541414449154

Trump made a call to ask them to come to the White House, that seems to be the extent of his involvement.

https://twitter.com/CraigCaplan/stat...12249889148928
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies