Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 09:46 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I added that part in about the elite liberal talking point on my own - because that's what will happen. It has nothing to do with removing the swimsuit competition - but it has everything to do with adding an interactive session.
So your opinion is that allowing women to speak is a threat to conservatives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 09:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'm just telling you and others what's coming. You know that I am right. What's wrong with just putting it out there?
It turns out Miss America was always a bit of a talent show while Miss USA is the beauty contest.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:49 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
I agree, beauty pageants are like something from a time capsule. I am genuinely surprised that they are still around. I don't understand what I assume are older posters getting bothered about the removal of a bit of the misogyny and overall creepy leering at young women vibe of these pageants. If you want to check out young women in swimsuits, the internet has you covered. There is zero reason in 2018 to ask young women hoping to win scholarships to parade around in a bikini so men can stare at them.
And judging by the revenue numbers - ogling women is very much alive and well. The venue has moved from broadcast TV in public, to internet computer screens in private.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:51 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,786,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It turns out Miss America was always a bit of a talent show while Miss USA is the beauty contest.
Miss Universe is the best.

Lots of diversity- babes from all over the world.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:51 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So your opinion is that allowing women to speak is a threat to conservatives?
You know exactly what I am saying - and you are turning it 180 degrees out of phase.

The networks will not allow conservatism to be viewed as a common sense viable alternative to elite liberalism.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:53 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Of course it does! It's in the same vein as the #MeToo movement, open borders advocates, etc. It is heavily pushed by the Progressive Left. It's the same philosophy that has the mayor of London encouraging girls to dress modestly, banning "sexy" advertisements, all while not saying a word about the upsurge of Muslim rape gangs under his leadership. Puritanical busybodies are now Left-Wing.

The removal of the swimsuit competition doesn't bother me mind you. I couldn't care less about beauty pageants. Funny thing is, mostly women watch the silly things anyways.
I find this an advancement for the overall dignity of women. Only misogynous men could possibly have a problem with this. Objectifying women never advanced any human civilization.

Nevertheless, if this is such an important issue to conservatives, perhaps Paul Ryan or Trump will release a statement of disapproval of this decision.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:54 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Couldn’t care less about pageants therefore they can do what they want.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:55 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,796,960 times
They're going to remove their swimsuits? Who said progress is bad?

Old 06-05-2018, 10:07 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
I find this an advancement for the overall dignity of women. Only misogynous men could possibly have a problem with this. Objectifying women never advanced any human civilization.

Nevertheless, if this is such an important issue to conservatives, perhaps Paul Ryan or Trump will release a statement of disapproval of this decision.
I'm Libertarian, not Conservative, so I'm not sure I care what Trump and Ryan do. Is it progress. Sure, I'll give you that. The big problem I'm seeing is that many proponents of getting women to cover up are the same people who hide the crimes of Muslim Rape Gangs. I think turing 11, 12 and 13 year old girls into sex slaves raped as many as 50 times a day is a bigger issue than a bunch of aspiring super-models getting to pass on wearing a bikini and heels on stage. The political movement that got the swimsuit competition eliminated is the same movement that knowingly and actively ignored the Muslim Rape Gang crisis for 40+ years, all in the name of being inclusive and progressive. It's the Progressive Movement in both cases and it absolutely is political.

You will notice that Progressive media barely mentions Muslim Rape Gangs, but actively demonizes anyone calling attention to them. Democrats in the US avoid the issue. The Progressive mayor of London is right at ground zero for the problem and Sadiq Khan can't be bothered to say a word.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:08 AM

482 posts, read 242,540 times
Quote:
Your post exemplifies exactly why women in America are fed up with being treated like objects.
And your post exemplifies why record numbers American men are marrying foreign women.
I real woman is obedient, respectful, and quiet. Enjoy your cats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies