Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 07:13 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,121,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The 1950's aren't coming back. You want to fight people like this? Open the same type of business across the street and put a sign in the window that says everyone welcome.
Its funny how the not-for-segregation crowd manages to use the pro-segregation arguments...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 07:14 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,558,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So I wanna go out to dinner at this restaurant I heard about.

You really think it makes sense to set up a situation where I need to call first to find out if they serve blacks or not? That’s the America you think we should have again? All because you want business owners to have the right to discriminate just to make America some sort of libertarian paradise?

That’s worth it to you, even knowing all the unrest it would cause?

Actually, you are saying that it should be that way.
Have you ever heard of using hypotheticals in a conversation? Never mind...

Old 06-06-2018, 07:16 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,095,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/390...eople-of-color

Yeah. Why are Republicans supporting people like this? When challenged on it, once he realized how poorly some folks took it he said:

So apparently he hopes it will be OK later.
Please tell me that there is one Trump supporter that disagrees with this.

Please tell me that at least ONE Trump supporter disagrees with the idea that businesses should be able to turn away people of color.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:23 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,222,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Please tell me that there is one Trump supporter that disagrees with this.

Please tell me that at least ONE Trump supporter disagrees with the idea that businesses should be able to turn away people of color.
I support Trump and disagree with this. So do most people on both sides of the isle.

With that said - if a customer of any color, race, creed, height, whatever is being a complete ass or disrespectful to a business owner - that owner should be able to do what they want and then suffer the consequences. There is a distinction and it is their business.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:57 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,113,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Its funny how the not-for-segregation crowd manages to use the pro-segregation arguments...

Why would you want to force someone to accept your hard earned money if they despise you or do not support your own beliefs? Honestly, this makes absolutely no sense to me.

There was local convenient store that put a sign in the window that said no guns allowed. Not really a good idea in the area I live. I could of walked in there with my gun and they would of been none the wiser. Their only recurse would of been to ask me to leave anyway.

I was happy to to oblige their wishes and simply took my business elsewhere. About a week or two later the sign was gone.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:58 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,095,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
I support Trump and disagree with this. So do most people on both sides of the isle.

With that said - if a customer of any color, race, creed, height, whatever is being a complete ass or disrespectful to a business owner - that owner should be able to do what they want and then suffer the consequences. There is a distinction and it is their business.
Thank you for that

And I completely agree with the bolded.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:05 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,706,565 times
Given that recent SCOTUS ruling, someone can say they are denying service to a colored person because of their religion. What religion? I don't know. Does it matter? Was that ruling a blanket statement allowing such behavior - no. But, it is SEEN as such. I wouldn't be surprised if we see people blatantly turning down customers due to, among other things, the color of their skin. And they'll claim the religion card.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,701,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/390...eople-of-color

Yeah. Why are Republicans supporting people like this? When challenged on it, once he realized how poorly some folks took it he said:

So apparently he hopes it will be OK later.

It isn't color. They placed that on it to make him out to be a racist, when in reality he is just pushing for individual freedom & liberty to return.
If having the right as the owner of the business, to refuse business to anyone for any reason they wish. If it happens to be because he is a racist ass, so be it. To force him to service someone he does not want to provide a service to, is SLAVERY and there is no other way around it.
Nothing would stop a Black business owner, to only want to market his services based upon color of ones skin.

Nothing to do with skin color, but it could include it, if every individual was not in Slavery to the Government gun barrel.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:13 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,308,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Even though he's a POS for being a politician he's right that a business should be able to turn away anyone for any reason or for no reason at all.
You can. You just have to do it to individuals, not broadly. You can't say "no whites" as that's discrimination. You can say no to Tommy because he's a jerk.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:24 AM

1,239 posts, read 511,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Even though he's a POS for being a politician he's right that a business should be able to turn away anyone for any reason or for no reason at all.
Not in the United States of America. Not under the laws of this country that so many people claim to hold so dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It isn't color. They placed that on it to make him out to be a racist, when in reality he is just pushing for individual freedom & liberty to return.
If having the right as the owner of the business, to refuse business to anyone for any reason they wish. If it happens to be because he is a racist ass, so be it. To force him to service someone he does not want to provide a service to, is SLAVERY and there is no other way around it.
Nothing would stop a Black business owner, to only want to market his services based upon color of ones skin.

Nothing to do with skin color, but it could include it, if every individual was not in Slavery to the Government gun barrel.

That's some heinous and moronic crap right there.

You're really trying to say that being forced to take a paying customers money is the equivalent of losing all your rights, being beaten, worked to the bone, sold to another man, watching your children raped by your master, and never receiving a dime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies