Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 12:48 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times

Advertisements

Mexico was already looking at alternatives to Wisconsin for their $1.2 Billion milk purchases after the Trump has been treating them.

America’s $1.2 Billion Mexico Milk Trade Is Now at Risk
The biggest U.S. dairy importer is talking with New Zealand and buying more from the EU. Guess why.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...is-now-at-risk

Wisconsin voted for Trump, they deserve what they get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 12:51 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,307,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
They got what they deserve for their vote in 2016.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with this statement.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:08 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,498,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Mexico was already looking at alternatives to Wisconsin for their $1.2 Billion milk purchases after the Trump has been treating them.

The biggest U.S. dairy importer is talking with New Zealand and buying more from the EU. Guess why.

They won't have to look far. There is a currently glut of milk

Old 06-10-2018, 03:32 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
I've stopped following politics and visiting this subforum except for brief visits every week or two. You know what I've found? Life is much more peaceful if you focus on your own personal growth and don't worry about politics. Trump is not doing anything that won't get reversed in a few years anyways.. his actions so far are pretty harmless.. people getting all emotional over nothing.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:39 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
They got what they deserve for their vote in 2016.
I didn't vote for that piece of trash currently staining the White House. I actually have a functioning brain.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:40 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I didn't vote for that piece of trash currently staining the White House. I actually have a functioning brain.
This kind of stuff is just not helpful or productive in any way. So you expected people to vote for Hillary instead? I would argue that's just as silly a suggestion. You basically badmouth half the population and hold a self righteous sense of superiority over them. I would suggest you look at your own party instead and why they nominated Hillary Clinton in the first place. If you can't see that she is a person of questionable character, I don't know what else to say to change your mind that they were both bad candidates. One bad candidate won and the other bad candidate lost. The not so bad ones didn't even get nominated, in either party.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:42 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
This kind of stuff is just not helpful or productive in any way. So you expected people to vote for Hillary instead? I would argue that's just as silly a suggestion. You basically badmouth half the population and hold a self righteous sense of superiority over them. Congratuations. I'm proud of you. I would suggest you look at your own party instead and why they nominated Hillary Clinton in the first place.
Your opinion of me is irrelevant.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:50 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
...Trump is not doing anything that won't get reversed in a few years anyways.. his actions so far are pretty harmless. ...
That remains to be seen.

So far, Trump and the Republicans have passed a pay day tax scam bill that is running up the national debt, are in the process of gutting health insurance/care for millions of people, are tearing families apart at the border, and getting into tariff wars with our allies.

Whether any of these can be reversed remains to be seen, but they are definitely not harmless.

We are still paying the price for Bush and the Republicans.

We will soon be our own customers at our own lemonade stand. Have to see how that works out.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:00 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

2 things:

1) Your link is over a year old
2) California is the largest dairy state

Carry on.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:46 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
More MAGA from today's business section of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Quote:
Rising costs for labor, lots and lumber pushing up new-home prices, industry pros say

In April, the Greater Milwaukee Association of Realtors reported that almost 74 percent of residential properties sold in the four-county metro area that month closed for $300,000 or less.

“Historically, about 30 percent of new construction was targeted to entry level home buyers. Today it’s less than 20 percent,” said Dietz. “So the market that needs the inventory — in some ways the most because it’s the price tier where you see the most growth — is that kind of $200,000 to $300,000 range. But that’s the hardest for builders to reach because of the fact that wages are going up, lumber costs are going up, all these other factors. So builders have shifted to the high end.”

Skyrocketing lumber costs

Last year, the federal Commerce Department concluded that Canada is subsidizing its forestry industry and exporting lumber to the U.S. at prices that are unfairly low. As a result, the U.S. put tariffs of more than 20 percent on Canadian lumber.

About a third of lumber used in the U.S. is imported, and about 95 percent of that is Canadian softwood lumber, said Dietz.

“So the result is that lumber prices have skyrocketed,” Dietz said. “In fact, since the start of 2017, lumber prices are up 63 percent. That’s adding about $8,000 per single-family home and almost $3,000 per multifamily unit.”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/money...ays/684998002/
Yes, because of Bush's Great Recession, too many left the trades - so now there is a big shortage of skilled workers - that, together with escalating lot prices - and tariffs have made new housing for purchasers under $300k unaffordable. New homes can't be built for that any longer in the more urban, prosperous areas of WI - which also drives up prices of existing housing stock.

We are not yet over the previous recession - tariffs are about the dumbest thing to implement at this time.

And dumb is what we have running country right now....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies