Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 06:54 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,069,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
OMG not. It made me laugh too much. They jumped the shark with that one.
I never watched the show, but I read the book. Those fundamentalists sounded just like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 06:55 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,069,613 times
Quote:
Forced birth. LOL don't want a baby? Don't do things that make a baby.
Don't attempt to force women to give birth against their will and I won't call you a forced-birther. But as it stands now, if the shoe fits...

Old 06-09-2018, 07:18 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,135,605 times
Quote:
And it's wrong to force a woman to have an abortion. You missed that part.
No I didn't, I literally said exactly that in the first sentence...

Old 06-09-2018, 07:20 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,135,605 times
Quote:
OMG not. It made me laugh too much. They jumped the shark with that one.
You only have the luxury of thinking that because the country isn't run by people with an actively anti-choice agenda. Be grateful.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:40 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,613 times
Quote:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/31635...mpaign=dwbrand

Paramount Network premiered a new show on Thursday, "American Woman," and not even in one episode did the show avoid pushing an insane pro-abortion message.
Starring Alicia Silverstone as Bonnie Nolan and set in the 1970s, the show centers on a woman going through a divorce after catching her husband in an affair. The episode, not aptly titled "Liberation," shows how the language of abortion changed during that era."

My body, my choice is such a lie.

"The show does, however, hit on an important, unspoken truth: that many women who undergo abortions do so out of pressure from family members or feckless significant others."
Regardless of the messaging of the show, do you think that's a valid reason for an abortion? And if you don't, are you willing to personally commit to funding programs that provide the life that woman envisioned when she planned the pregnancy?

Old 06-09-2018, 08:03 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,945,815 times
Quote:
"Things"? It's okay to say it. Sex. There you go.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:35 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
But a lot of people are not antisexuals.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:50 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
Hmmmm. How about, It's the woman's body and it's 100% her choice what to do with a fetus? Now I personally believe that choice ends when the fetus becomes viable. But that's me.
I honestly don't care what the woman's reason is, as it really is no one elses business.
Not the right time?
Not ready.
Have to many kids already
Too soon after the last baby
I want a career.
You name it, not my business and certainly no impact on my life. The only thing that does matter is that the woman has decided that she would rather not endure a pregnancy.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:06 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,254,326 times
Quote:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/31635...mpaign=dwbrand

Paramount Network premiered a new show on Thursday, "American Woman," and not even in one episode did the show avoid pushing an insane pro-abortion message.
Starring Alicia Silverstone as Bonnie Nolan and set in the 1970s, the show centers on a woman going through a divorce after catching her husband in an affair. The episode, not aptly titled "Liberation," shows how the language of abortion changed during that era."

My body, my choice is such a lie.

"The show does, however, hit on an important, unspoken truth: that many women who undergo abortions do so out of pressure from family members or feckless significant others."
This show is based on Kyle Richard's life. Kyle Richards Umansky - from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (and other small acting parts on various tv shows & small parts in movies that no one really remembers her from). One of Kyle's older sisters is Kim Richards (Escape From Witch Mountain).

Kyle's mother was a nut job/floozy and would do anything to get a man & keep a man (if he had $$$). She raised her girls (from different fathers) to do the same.

Kyle's oldest sister is Kathy Hilton. As in Paris Hilton's mother.

Don't let Kyle twist it - her mother (in real life) was most likely the one who wanted the abortion b/c no way would she let anything get in her way of getting/keeping a man that had $$$ if a pregnancy would stop the money train.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:09 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,254,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But a lot of people are not antisexuals.
And there are myriad ways to prevent a pregnancy among the pro-sexuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies