Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 11:26 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,745,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Yes, we know that liberals are the "experts" on everything.

Expert? Not really but if you get your information from science then you know a great deal more than those who don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
ahh... show us your stuff. show us the unbiased science proving global warming. double dog dare ya.

My "stuff" has been shown ad nauseum by many posters on this board, science websites, and publications. Have you not bothered reading any of it? I know for a fact that I've seen your comments some time ago in a good number of threads on global warming right here on CD. Did you forget the evidence offered against your "theories"? I don't think you have. You're simply trying to divert the conversation away from real dialogue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 11:32 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,231,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Expert? Not really but if you get your information from science then you know a great deal more than those who don't.

My "stuff" has been shown ad nauseum by many posters on this board, science websites, and publications. Have you not bothered reading any of it? I know for a fact that I've seen your comments some time ago in a good number of threads on global warming right here on CD. Did you forget the evidence offered against your "theories"? I don't think you have. You're simply trying to divert the conversation away from real dialogue.
Nope - asking for non-biased research - not govt. funded research promoting global warming. That's the real dialogue. Even NASA's chief scientist says all the claims about global warming are not true. Paging Al Gore...

Old 06-10-2018, 12:47 PM

30,277 posts, read 11,917,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Scientists have now determined the World will cool significantly within the next 15 years. How will climate change alarmists deal with this new development?

Seriously? I am not a leftist by a long shot but your post should have started with:

"A few"

By any measure the climate is getting warmer. Almost all scientists agree with this. The only arguments are what percentage AGW plays in this and the best steps to fight it.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:54 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,425,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
not to worry, congress willl tax and regulate us to achieve the ideal climate
Subsidize snow!

Old 06-10-2018, 01:02 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,261,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Scientists have now determined the World will cool significantly within the next 15 years. How will climate change alarmists deal with this new development?
LOL!

The right-wing talking about science is like J.R. Smith talking about focus.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:54 PM

608 posts, read 519,203 times
Oh, they are going to try this one out again? That one started in 1970. I guess if this one doesn't have the desired effect they can use this list to try out some others.

120 Years Of Climate Scares – 70s Ice age scare | Climate Depot

Old 06-10-2018, 03:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,756,005 times
Scientist are not wrong. Those out to profit, manipulate the data to push a narrative to bank.
Ask Maurice Strong, and why global warming was going to be BIG!!

The earths weather has been Hot and then Cold in cycles for centuries.
Every 50-70 years the cycle flips as the return to normal after the iceage.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:16 PM

15,949 posts, read 12,336,506 times
I'll bet you ten million dollars the climate is not cooler in 15 years. Do we have a deal?

Old 06-10-2018, 03:38 PM

30,377 posts, read 23,847,731 times
What on earth will the "Union of Concerned Scientists" do?

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming

Quote:
Global warming is already having significant and harmful effects on our communities, our health, and our climate. Sea level rise is accelerating. The number of large wildfires is growing. Dangerous heat waves are becoming more common. Extreme storm events are increasing in many areas. More severe droughts are occurring in others.

We must take immediate action to address global warming or these consequences will continue to intensify, grow ever more costly, and increasingly affect the entire planet—including you, your community, and your family.
Oh noes!

Liberal: "Rethuglicans don't believe in science, probably because they are too stupid to understand it!"

So...which way is it, Chicken Little? Glowbull warming or a mini ice age?

Fricken idiots.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:51 PM

21,504 posts, read 10,627,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
And unfortunately they are the sole voice when it comes to our policy decisions concerning climate and their explanation is that we are in the end times and Jesus is coming soon so that's why it's getting warmer. In America in 2018, scientists are reviled and religious extremists are glorified.
Your world is very small. One would think with the Internet you would have figured out that religious conservatives are a dying breed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies