Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 01:02 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post
Bad news continues.
point

Are you in California? Has there been news coming out about California?

Many who still live there think it is the best place on the planet... or the ONLY place...

They just have a different mindset over there.

What I noticed in the mid to late 90s was the influx of non Californians who came there to show Californians how to be Californians. Aggressive driving, lack of courtesy... Childless yuppies from the Midwest and South that became "too good" for where they lived before. They came to CA with these preconceived ideas on what it meant to be Californian and slowly implemented this lifestyle.

I don't know if it is going to die. It is just evolving into something different. Better? It's not up to me. It only bugs me when they reach out and attack non Californians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 01:04 AM

413 posts, read 782,628 times
I miss Beverly Hills 90120. I was a huge fan!

Old 06-08-2008, 01:16 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
I miss Beverly Hills 90120. I was a huge fan!
I think Tori Spelling wasn't that bad. Women I know sure got catty on her. Even my wife.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:56 PM

329 posts, read 473,111 times
Default Now they want a bailout

Quote:
What happened to California the last 3-5 years, the state appears to be in a decline in every aspect, bleak future, not much hope for natives. Hopeless!!
The feds will be throwing the taxpayers money away, it will never be repaid!

Old 10-06-2008, 09:04 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Sadly, California has become a third world ghetto in most places. So I just don't go there....unless is north of Redding, where one can at least breathe again. Too sad for words.
This is a totally ridiclous statement. California is a great place. I wouldn't live anywhere else.
people who only wish they had all we have are the ones who love to bad mouth us... Please stay in Teaxs, we don't need your kind

Old 10-06-2008, 09:05 PM

329 posts, read 473,111 times
Default What do you have thats so great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
This is a totally ridiclous statement. California is a great place. I wouldn't live anywhere else.
people who only wish they had all we have are the ones who love to bad mouth us... Please stay in Teaxs, we don't need your kind
Have you ever been outside of California?

Old 10-06-2008, 09:17 PM

190 posts, read 443,504 times
California's in as much trouble as any other state in this country. That's a heap of trouble.

I would be all for California's secession and rejection of Washington's political system. It's a land of beauty and I have dear friends there. It pains me to see California caught up in this national tailspin.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:32 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Progress?

Only if you call the deterioration and mass acceleration into third world country status, progress.

I got the hell out of there a year ago with my 12 year old son and I'm thrilled he no longer has to deal with the type of crap that had begun to invade his school.

A part of me remains saddened though because I was born and raised (part of my life) in California and the golden state of my youth is gone forever.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:34 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Quote:
What happened to California the last 3-5 years, the state appears to be in a decline in every aspect, bleak future, not much hope for natives. Hopeless!!
OH ! so sad...

Well, at least they still have Hollywood

Glitter ! Tinsel ! ! Babs ! ! !

Old 10-07-2008, 11:29 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,197,011 times
California continues on a path of segregation. The Haves contiue to control the coastal areas as well as the major job centers, while the Have Nots are pushed out to the ghettos, inland valleys, and desert communities. White flight is still taking place, but this time, instead of the whites moving from the city centers to the burbs, they are now moving out of state to places like idaho, utah, and colorado. The growing latin population easily fills in these voids. It is easy to complain about this demographic shift when you're not from a state bordering mexico. However, its a fact of life throughout the southwest and there are plenty of states that don't border mexico for people to live in if they care to avoid the issues facing CA.

Regadless of your views on this demographic shift, I think most people would still agree that CA has some of the most amazing geography in the world. From yosemite to the golden gate bridge, lake tahoe, big sur, wine country, the beaches of socal, the giant redwood trees, and numerous other amazing places, CA is still overall a beautiful state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies