Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 03:32 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
We already have a Vancouver. That will do enough. We don’t need to go stealing land from our allies.
I know, right? Seem like the Trump effect have gone straight to some people's head.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:35 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
So Trump supporters want to invade Canada and take away their health care? Ridiculous. Trump has alienated so many countries now, it would lead to WWIII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
You have a bunch of industries with conservative, well-educated engineers. You do need engineers to create new jobs.

Well, I take that back.

Starbucks. Plenty of jobs for people with liberal arts degrees serving difficult coffee drinks to people with science degrees.
Where are those engineers in Washington because Trump only got 36% of the vote. Conservatives think education is "elitist" so they avoid it in favor of coal mining. Canada doesn't suffer such foolishness.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:41 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Take Alberta and the oil sands. On the other side, take Baja. With all the middle class people that are rising into the ranks of the rich with the Trump economy, we need more beachfront.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:23 PM

17,582 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I hear it's a great city. Very close to our border and Canada is weak militarily. It must be tempting for Trump to order an invasion. Would be a nice addition to our country.

Thoughts?
The craziest post I've seen on CD to date

Old 06-18-2018, 04:51 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
You have a bunch of industries with conservative, well-educated engineers. You do need engineers to create new jobs.

Well, I take that back.

Starbucks. Plenty of jobs for people with liberal arts degrees serving difficult coffee drinks to people with science degrees.
naw you are desperating trying to debase our achievements.

In fact conservatives are such a small minority in WA tech, that they feel their voice goes unheard. They find themselves in the awkward situation of being greatly outnumbered and thus it is hard for them to speak up without people piling on.
This is a very real issue and one that liberals are working to fix. some companies have groups/forums etc setup to help conservatives find like minded people.

Do you honestly think conservatives do the same thing? Do you? Do you really believe if it were liberals in the minority position that you guys would reach out to help ? Or would you simply shout them down and laugh at the liberal?

Old 06-18-2018, 07:01 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
You can't control Iraq after nearly 20 years. You think you can take the second largest country in the world in a day? Ok.
I put rocks in my snowballs.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:35 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
We don't want Vancouver. It's a nice place to visit but no we don't want it.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:51 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Ah bull Vector, You are just jealous like the rest of the red state repubs.
PNW is doing fantastic, we have more jobs than people to do them, things are going excellent and that is what you hate so much.

You guys love to hate on Seattle, but you hate it because it proves everything you believe is a lie.i repeat that . Everything your red state buddies have told you is a lie.

WA is a Blue state with super silly soft foo foo liberals dancing around buck naked and yet we have gone from "last to leave turn out the lights" some 30 years ago to become one of the world's most dominate tech centers.
My oh my how on earth did the lazy liberals do it? Turns out intelligent educated Americans tend to leave Red states and flock to liberal ones.
Here in the tech heavy King county we welcome Republicans, Liberals in fact pretty much culture and creed. And it turns out when people feel free to be themselves and not oppressed they can create and add value like you would not believe.

Maybe you guys should take your jackboots off the necks of "others" and you might find things get better, because as it stands you aid your oppressors and you don't even seem to see it.

Yep, and not just in political matters either. Same thing for plain old everyday personal-interaction culture too.

The less judgmental your culture is toward weirdness, oddness, and stupidity (however defined), the less you internalize the shame of "thinking that way, even if in your own mind", the more independent-thinking you become, the more creative you get, the more ideas you come up with, which leads to new goods and services and technologies. I noticed this when I moved from N. Louisiana to Midtown Memphis (the liberal part of the city). Granted, it's nowhere near high tech or even a growth star, but it was enough to loosen me up quite a bit, although it took about half a year, and in some aspects even almost four years, to loosen up. And Midtown Memphis is certainly nowhere near Seattle's level, or even Atlanta's or Houston's. But it was certainly enough to clue me in about how artsy-bohemian (practically always "liberal") areas tend to be better at inspiring individuality and creativity than conservative ones - especially small town and third and fourth level metros.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:53 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,048,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
We don't want Vancouver. It's a nice place to visit but no we don't want it.
On the other hand...people in Alberta are really cool. Yeah, I would admit Alberta to the Union. The rest of Canada....give them back to the British.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:54 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
I'll trade Utah, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska for Vancouver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies