Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 05:00 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times

Advertisements

Not only is this old news as Will said he was leaving months ago (if not last year). He is showing an emotion based side of himself I am frankly surprised at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2hkw-qYEWQ

Assuming this story is true (and that is a big leap considering the fake news media) about Will saying vote Democrat in the midterms, why would he suggest such a thing just because Trump is president
The midterms are all house & senate races, so why would he want potentially liberal/leftists in Congress just because Trump is in the WH ?

Frankly, Trump has accomplished many things conservatives have only been dreaming about the last decade, so even if Will detests Trump (as I believe he does), as long as he is getting a conservative agenda accomplished, why would Will want to undermine that

I say this in all seriousness, because I doubt Will would allow his ideological goals to be scuttled, just to spite Trump.
Sure Trump is crass, sometimes vulgar, etc.
But would Will prefer a (D) controlled senate that would block Trumps conservative nominees to the federal bench?
I am not suggesting he is without a moral compass like liberals that think the end will justify the means. However, if we as a country only get David Souter types to the scotus (& other federal courts) instead of Scalia molded judges, it seems more akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 05:34 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Just when you thought Trump couldn't destroy the conservative brand anymore. Of all people, George Will wants no part of the Republican party. Sad day on America

http://thehill.com/homenews/393728-g...op-in-midterms
Will hasn't been a Conservative for 20-years. This only confirms it. He's no longer relevant.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:38 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Ok. George Will can leave if he is not happy. No one should stay with a party if they are opposed to the direction it is going.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:44 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Will hasn't been a Conservative for 20-years. This only confirms it. He's no longer relevant.

That article only proves someone in the Republican party finally grew a pair of balls.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:57 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Hasn't been for a long time. Many are probably asking who's George Will?

And the answer is....even George Will doesn't know.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:05 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Just when you thought Trump couldn't destroy the conservative brand anymore. Of all people, George Will wants no part of the Republican party. Sad day on America

http://thehill.com/homenews/393728-g...op-in-midterms
The GOP isn't conservative and neither is Trump. They're filthy Progressives like the left. Not as bad but they love big government.

Keep making things up.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:09 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That article only proves someone in the Republican party finally grew a pair of balls.
People with balls don't want government to raise them from cradle to grave like the Progressives do.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:14 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
So, George Will is leaving the GOP because we finally have a president who is tough on border security and illegal immigration? Who signed into law one of the most consequential tax cuts in US history? Who promises to bring us closer to peace on the Korean Peninsula than anyone else? Who continues to appoint constitutional conservatives to the federal judiciary? Who is outspoken about his love of law enforcement and country?

Yeah, I think I know who is the disgrace and has his priorities jacked up.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:15 PM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
I guess I’ll get just that much more pleasure when I change the channel when he’s talking.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:19 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
The Republican Party is now just a support group for white people who feel threatened by the modern world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies