Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 06:56 PM

1,031 posts, read 639,556 times

Advertisements

unfortunate news for social justice Warriors in that barbecue becky was 100% correct in calling the police to report a violation of Park rules. The social justice Warriors ignorance of the law has them running amok and accusing this woman of racism.

I find this hilarious since the assumption that when a white person reports a crime/rule violation they must be inherently racist is a RACIST position to take...pot calls the kettle black (pun intended)

there's actually a host of very good reasons why charcoal is banned in so many areas within on our Park systems if you don't understand those facts you may be one of the idiots screaming so loud with racist claims against this woman who is trying to do the right thing but foolishly put herself in jeopardy by standing there and making herself vulnerable to attack.

I have to give credit to the black people for not being aggressive with her and I have to condemn the woman who followed and harassed her but what is most disturbing in this whole scenario is the social media reaction and the local politicians complete capitulation.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that these people are more worried about their popularity with the slack jawed masses then upholding the laws and rules that we already have for very good reasons.

if you think its commendable to violate rules you believe are stupid you are part of the problem... civil unrest and hatred and ignorance breeds this kind of thing and everytime you scream loud and point fingers at people when you havent done your research you create the type of idiots that vote for Donald Trump!

You are Donald Trumps MVP if you condemned barbecue becky as racist because you are creating hatred for black people and Democrats by screaming so loud before you did your research. all we need is a few dozen more incidents like this to sway thousands and thousands of Voters towards hatred of black people and Democrats, those sitting on the middle of the fence are willing to jump over to the Trump side if you keep this garbage up. Follow the rules and show respect for Society and do your research before you run your mouth and despite what these Oakland politicians are saying the next time you see a crime or violation call the police and report it just make damn good and sure nobody sees you do it!!!

https://youtu.be/WSuDOU76GzU

Old 06-23-2018, 07:01 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
unfortunate news for social justice Warriors in that barbecue becky was 100% correct in calling the police to report a violation of Park rules. The social justice Warriors ignorance of the law has them running amok and accusing this woman of racism.

I find this hilarious since the assumption that when a white person reports a crime/rule violation they must be inherently racist is a RACIST position to take...pot calls the kettle black (pun intended)

there's actually a host of very good reasons why charcoal is banned in so many areas within on our Park systems if you don't understand those facts you may be one of the idiots screaming so loud with racist claims against this woman who is trying to do the right thing but foolishly put herself in jeopardy by standing there and making herself vulnerable to attack.

I have to give credit to the black people for not being aggressive with her and I have to condemn the woman who followed and harassed her but what is most disturbing in this whole scenario is the social media reaction and the local politicians complete capitulation.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that these people are more worried about their popularity with the slack jawed masses then upholding the laws and rules that we already have for very good reasons.

if you think its commendable to violate rules you believe are stupid you are part of the problem... civil unrest and hatred and ignorance breeds this kind of thing and everytime you scream loud and point fingers at people when you havent done your research you create the type of idiots that vote for Donald Trump!

You are Donald Trumps MVP if you condemned barbecue becky as racist because you are creating hatred for black people and Democrats by screaming so loud before you did your research. all we need is a few dozen more incidents like this to sway thousands and thousands of Voters towards hatred of black people and Democrats, those sitting on the middle of the fence are willing to jump over to the Trump side if you keep this garbage up. Follow the rules and show respect for Society and do your research before you run your mouth and despite what these Oakland politicians are saying the next time you see a crime or violation call the police and report it just make damn good and sure nobody sees you do it!!!

Trump’s Republican Party exhibit A.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:20 AM

So what should she have done? Just ignored the situation? What other laws and rules should we ignore?

Do any of you have any experience in law enforcement?

I am not panicked or unhinged, social justice warriors are the people Trump can count on to increase his electoral potential...keep squealing at people who belive in civic responsibility and accuse any white person who calls the police of racism. Keep it up, YOU helped TRUMP get 46%, lol.

Trumps MVP

https://youtu.be/6ecoqdBs4ww

Old 06-24-2018, 08:25 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
People were whining she is racist? White people have to deal with tattle tales like this, too.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:57 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,867,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
It isn't news to anyone that charcoal isn't allowed in some areas of the park. The negative attention she got was due to her ridiculous, over-the-top reaction. She harassed people for hours and wasted the police's time for hours over something incredibly minor.
^^^ the bolded.

Quote:
So what should she have done? Just ignored the situation? What other laws and rules should we ignore?

What she should have done, is either

a) politely informed the party that charcoal was not permitted- and when they disputed it, just calmly walked away (out of eyeshot/earshot) and then called the authorities, be it the Park Ranger or non emergency line of the Police and let them follow it up as they saw fit or...

b) just kept walking, and when away from the scene called it in to the relevant authorities, and allowed them to handle it.

Easy.

She turned the situation into a spectacle, even if she was correct in that no charcoal was permitted.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:59 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:

I am not panicked or unhinged, social justice warriors are the people Trump can count on to increase his electoral potential...keep squealing at people who belive in civic responsibility and accuse any white person who calls the police of racism. Keep it up, YOU helped TRUMP get 46%, lol.

Trumps MVP

https://youtu.be/6ecoqdBs4ww
She could have made her phone call and gotten on with her life, instead of hanging around for two hours, demanding that the police come immediately. They probably have more pressing issues to deal with than the fact that a family is cooking with charcoal instead of propane.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:33 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
Quote:

These are valid points. This SJW mentality of many liberals and even conservatives often relies on emotions over checking the facts or rules. In their defense, when a person is in some situation, I think it is natural to rely on emotions rather than use common sense.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
She could have made her phone call and gotten on with her life, instead of hanging around for two hours, demanding that the police come immediately. They probably have more pressing issues to deal with than the fact that a family is cooking with charcoal instead of propane.
I couldn't agree more, you are 100% correct in fact by hanging around she created a situation that could have been dangerous it was very foolish of her to do so. You seem like the only rational response so far, perhaps you'll answer the question what do you think we should do in this situation enforce the law or ignore the law?

Do you agree with the politicians and the police who decided to ignore the law and capitulate to social justice Warrior pressure?

I've worked as a park ranger before and we would immediately eject people who did not obey the park rules when it came to charcoal grilling out of area..
there are a host of very good reasons why it is banned in certain areas, people who don't understand the law should do their research before they open their mouths that's the problem here.

Politicians who tell people not to call the police when they see something wrong is epic bad judgment the police are professionals they prioritize their calls they know how to do their job call the police whenever you see something wrong let them sort it!

Old 06-24-2018, 11:41 AM

2,189 posts, read 2,606,703 times
Quote:
I can understand charcoal banned in a forest surrounded by dry tinder but what are the reasons charcoal is banned at a grassy park next to water? In fact at every city park I've seen, the only bbq units are for charcoal, and if I were going to a city park to bbq I would assume I need to bring my own charcoal.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:08 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
I would not go after people for using charcoal.

I might inform the city parks commission so they could improve their signage, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies