Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 12:24 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,057,399 times

Advertisements

The GOP has quietly introduced a bill to gut Medicare.

"As the entire nation is focused on the Trump administration’s abhorrent treatment of minority children at the border, Republicans in Congress just quietly passed a bill through committee that will substantially affect seniors."

BREAKING: GOP Quietly Sends Bill To Gut Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid By $2 Trillion

I hope there is a lot of room in hades for the entire GOP party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 12:39 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,938,396 times
Have you or do you support NRLN which is a site which supports retirees with direct contact to the idiots in Washington which do not care about the population.
They are a watch dog site.I get emails from them on issues with form letters being sent to our representatives signed by me.They have an influence on policies in Congress.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:36 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
If they pass it they will turn over the apple cart for the country. That surely will be the last straw for many. Hope these Republicans give this plenty of thought. This has Ryans fingerprints all over it. He is a worm who has been trying to get this passed for years. I guess he thinks this is going to be his contribution on his way out the door. He can run but can’t hide from the public.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:44 PM

4 posts, read 1,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
The GOP has quietly introduced a bill to gut Medicare.

"As the entire nation is focused on the Trump administration’s abhorrent treatment of minority children at the border, Republicans in Congress just quietly passed a bill through committee that will substantially affect seniors."

[URL="http://washingtonsource.org/breaking-gop-quietly-sends-bill-to-gut-social-security-medicare-medicaid-by-2-trillion/"]BREAKING: GOP Quietly Sends Bill To Gut Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid By $2 Trillion[/URL]

I hope there is a lot of room in hades for the entire GOP party.
Couldn't happen to a more deserving group. Just like when those gold coin companies on TV and so on fleece the elderly, the US gov does the same to them. They voted the GOP in, which will let them have their gold and silver coins complete with a real estate flipping book.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:44 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Now they’re “minority children” . Credibility lost out of the gate, lol

Old 06-23-2018, 08:49 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,314,864 times
I support the GOP but this will not attract new voters and instead let many walk away from that party at a time where the GOP aid desperate for voters given the demographic changes in this country.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:52 PM

23,225 posts, read 29,061,361 times
I've worked in some LTC/Rehab facilities and I can attest to some of the wastage that goes on there with both Medicare and Medicaid, and I wouldn't be opposed to some of those cuts.

A Medicare patient is allowed a 100 day stay, so what's the rush in getting that patient thru Rehab?

A Medicare patient is homeless, he has gotten to enjoy having a roof over his head for 100 days, 3 meals a day, so the 99th day comes up and he deliberately falls, injuring himself, off to the Hospital he goes, then returns for another 100 days, and if permanently disabled, he converts to Medicaid.

Walk thru a Vent-trac unit in one of these skilled nursing facilities, with respiratory patients hooked up to a variety of tubes and electronic equipment, no chance of them ever becoming functional again, and how would you classify this?

I've had a number of patients, over the years, who wished they were dead, but a patient dares not utter those words to a nurse and then be subjected to the Legal 2000 clause, a patient is a threat to himself, so nurse is obligated to send that person to a Psych Ward to knock some sense into that person, whether that person is 70, 80, or 90.

Canada has gone with a National Physicians Assisted Suicide Law, and think of all the suffering that could be avoided if we did likewise. And a liberalized version as well, as with the current laws in OR/WA/CA you need be terminally ill to qualify. And don't think it's the religious crowd that's opposed to it, as job losses are at stake.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:54 PM

16,604 posts, read 8,622,620 times
The same old absurd tactics, similar to pushing grandma off the edge of a cliff.

When will you leftists realize the *** is up, and all you do is harm your own cause than this fake news?

`

Old 06-23-2018, 09:12 PM

21,149 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Funny how it didn’t bother the libs when Obama cut Medicare by $700 billion in 2012. Yeah, the Democrats really turned against him.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:20 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,767,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've worked in some LTC/Rehab facilities and I can attest to some of the wastage that goes on there with both Medicare and Medicaid, and I wouldn't be opposed to some of those cuts.

A Medicare patient is allowed a 100 day stay, so what's the rush in getting that patient thru Rehab?

A Medicare patient is homeless, he has gotten to enjoy having a roof over his head for 100 days, 3 meals a day, so the 99th day comes up and he deliberately falls, injuring himself, off to the Hospital he goes, then returns for another 100 days, and if permanently disabled, he converts to Medicaid.

Walk thru a Vent-trac unit in one of these skilled nursing facilities, with respiratory patients hooked up to a variety of tubes and electronic equipment, no chance of them ever becoming functional again, and how would you classify this?

I've had a number of patients, over the years, who wished they were dead, but a patient dares not utter those words to a nurse and then be subjected to the Legal 2000 clause, a patient is a threat to himself, so nurse is obligated to send that person to a Psych Ward to knock some sense into that person, whether that person is 70, 80, or 90.

Canada has gone with a National Physicians Assisted Suicide Law, and think of all the suffering that could be avoided if we did likewise. And a liberalized version as well, as with the current laws in OR/WA/CA you need be terminally ill to qualify. And don't think it's the religious crowd that's opposed to it, as job losses are at stake.
The problem is that only some abuse it. It would be cheaper to find them housing.

If you or a loved one ever has a catastrophic illness and it's cut you will regret it.

Plus the government wastes a lot of money too. They change laws to make things harder for patients who legitimacy need pain meds. They now have to visit the doctor every 2 months and have to go to the pharmacy on the day they are finished with their meds, instead of common sense rules like if an elderly person get the meds only thru the insurance plan and is on the lowest dose of Vicodin they still think of them as a drug addict. The government just changed the rules making it next to impossible to crack down on Pharmaceutical companies that are supplying hillbilly heroin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies