Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2018, 01:20 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Here, instead of typing it all out I'll post one of the better summaries I could find. Property in particular starts at 7:45...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uYloEOwKjjA

Sorry but I don't watch videos. Nothing personal but I do not even have sound enabled on my platform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
The bold is basically the Bernie Sanders take on the problem, and I think it's naive. The politically connected have always worked with the people in power throughout history, in virtually every society. You can't just pass a law and think that will solve corruption.

You need to reduce or eliminate the power of government so that the cronies have less power to use for their own benefit. The solution to the government selling their power to the highest bidder isn't to give them even more power.

And the state absolutely is a monopoly in many cases, and not even a natural monopoly. They forcefully PREVENT anyone from competing with them.

I'd much rather be able to choose from many organizations competing for my business, none of which can force their services on me. You'd get better quality, a lower price, and the dignity of making the choice for yourself.
The first thing you must do is remove complexity in the law. If a firth grader cannot understand it then its largely out of the scope of democracy. The second thing is local government. Its enumerated in the Declaration of Independence that remote government is inherently oppressive.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

Old 06-29-2018, 01:33 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I keep saying you have no argument because like the typical libertarian they refuse or are unable to define a simple premise like "property". I defined the premise in my first post. I also sourced my authorities like Adam Smith or John Locke.
What "they" refuse to do has nothing to do with me.

Surely you are capable of doing this yourself.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/property

Old 06-29-2018, 02:16 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Sorry but I don't watch videos. Nothing personal but I do not even have sound enabled on my platform.
No sound?

The State hasn't subsidized you to get some audio?

Did you fill out their forms?

Old 06-29-2018, 02:19 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
The first thing you must do is remove complexity in the law. If a firth grader cannot understand it then its largely out of the scope of democracy. The second thing is local government. Its enumerated in the Declaration of Independence that remote government is inherently oppressive.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
The Declaration of Independence is under glass in D.C. How did you sign it? Night ops mission ala Mission Impossible?

Old 06-29-2018, 02:47 PM

1,031 posts, read 638,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
How are you going to eliminate corporate bribery when the people who would need to pass those laws are owned by the corporations?
Yeah good point, i figure it would take something pretty impressive.

we have a "de facto" privatised situation now and THAT is the problem.

1975 pre-reagan we had a near PERFECT political system, democracy works but handing our country over to corporate prostitutes would be the last thing we should do. I joke that we solved our corporate bribery problem by electing corporate representatives

I would make taking a cup of coffee from anyone
A felony if you are a crossing guard up to POTUS. Absolutely no gift/donation/bribe whatsoever

Last edited by Boer; 06-29-2018 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: Misspell reagan

Old 06-29-2018, 02:51 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Not to be that person but you continue to say regan. Do you mean Reagan?

Old 06-29-2018, 02:52 PM

1,031 posts, read 638,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I think I understand what you're saying here & can agree with much.

This is how I 'analogize' ~ we have a 'free market system of government representatives' via the mythical 'invisible hand'.

As per Adam Smith in The Wealth Of Nations:

If the core thesis is that human beings have a natural tendency toward self-interest, the expectation that a government representative is not gonna act in their own self-interest is unreasonable & is not reality-based.

Our current systems actually encourage corruption with the corrupting influence of money in everything about the processes from campaign to policy-making.
I agree the existence of the institution of Alec American legislative exchange Council certifies that we have de facto privatized our entire government
process

the corporations are in total command and control over every aspect of our government because they bribe them through organizations like Alec plain and simple

we have a Libertarian Paradise now and it's not working the corporations are not running the country in the Public's best interest plain and simple they must be regulated through the Democratic process

We don't have small government we have Micro government we have mini micro pocket government that lives in the pocket of the corporation like a little troll

All the people do is pick what troll lives in the corporation's pocket, it's a democracy alright , a democracy of the corporations

we are living in a small government libertarian Paradise now this is what it looks like the middle class is shrinking the fat cats are blowing up the stock market is exploding but the middle class is Contracting

https://youtu.be/vvVAPsn3Fpk

https://youtu.be/iz6iUyRFhYo

Last edited by Boer; 06-29-2018 at 04:16 PM..

Old 06-29-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What "they" refuse to do has nothing to do with me.

Surely you are capable of doing this yourself.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/property

You are incompetent with respect your ability to represent what ever it is that you came to babble about.

Which among these multiple choices is your definition?

a : a quality or trait belonging and especially peculiar to an individual or thing
b : an effect that an object has on another object or on the senses
c : virtue 2
d : an attribute common to all members of a class

2 a : something owned or possessed; specifically : a piece of real estate
b : the exclusive right to possess, enjoy, and dispose of a thing : ownership
c : something to which a person or business has a legal title
d : one (such as a performer) who is under contract and whose work is especially valuable
e : a book or script purchased for publication or production

Old 06-29-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No sound?

The State hasn't subsidized you to get some audio?

Did you fill out their forms?

Its interesting that you make assumptions like this without really having a factual basis. You are consistent I do not enable the sound.

did you ever get around to showing where I have my leftist tendencies? You are no doubt the leach among us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies