Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 10:42 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,645,235 times

Advertisements

Stop with the BS on some of you who proclaim yourself to be "Democrats" and are "Walking Away"...you never were in the first place.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 11:18 PM

21,590 posts, read 8,759,815 times
Based on all the name-calling in this thread: "loony left," "intolerant bigots," "clueless," "hypocritical," "a threat to everything American," "worships gay-hating Islam," etc. I'd say it is not so much about the walkaway movement as it is about demonizing Democrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
A lot of people don’t know the history of Nazi propaganda.
If one does they would take what the left is doing as very serious .
Actually I do know the history of Nazi propaganda, and I feel the same about the right. Trump employs a lot of the same propaganda techniques that Hitler used to whip crowds into a frenzy, consolidate power and censor opposition views.

Hitler demonized a group of outsiders (Jews, gays, Communists) and made them the scapegoat for everything that was wrong in Germany.
Trump is doing the same thing with illegal immigrants.

Hitler told his followers not to believe the mainstream press and censored opposing views.
Trump does the same thing by crying "fake media." He knows that if you repeat a lie often enough, people will start to believe it.

The only difference is that we still have a free press in this country...for now.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:07 AM

89,295 posts, read 45,022,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
So you're saying black people are too stupid to figure out by themselves that Dems have done nothing for them?
Yes, that's exactly what they're saying. That strategy is no longer working. Trump's approval rating among Blacks is now 29%, up from 15% one year ago.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:26 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,514,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Based on all the name-calling in this thread: "loony left," "intolerant bigots," "clueless," "hypocritical," "a threat to everything American," "worships gay-hating Islam," etc. I'd say it is not so much about the walkaway movement as it is about demonizing Democrats.

Actually I do know the history of Nazi propaganda, and I feel the same about the right. Trump employs a lot of the same propaganda techniques that Hitler used to whip crowds into a frenzy, consolidate power and censor opposition views.

Hitler demonized a group of outsiders (Jews, gays, Communists) and made them the scapegoat for everything that was wrong in Germany.
Trump is doing the same thing with illegal immigrants.

Hitler told his followers not to believe the mainstream press and censored opposing views.
Trump does the same thing by crying "fake media." He knows that if you repeat a lie often enough, people will start to believe it.

The only difference is that we still have a free press in this country...for now.
So you are comparing Jews and Gays to MS-13 gang members ?...
it’s absurd that you would compare our American President to Hitler . Actually prettt disgusting really .

People are being killed by illegal aliens and drugs are pouring in from the border . But the left doesn’t think we should talk about it because they want to pander to a certain demographic so don’t want to say anything to “offend” them .

It’s funny that Bill Clinton and Obama weren’t called racist or “hitler Like “ when they spoke of illegal aliens .

The media is very biased towards the left it’s 100 percent obvious now . Ever seen a single positive article about Trump in the New York Times or Washington post or CNN ?
It’s become so normal to you that you don’t see the bias and propaganda of the media ..

Read this

https://gop.com/flashback-democrats-...migration-rsr/

Old 08-05-2018, 08:26 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,485,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, that's exactly what they're saying. That strategy is no longer working. Trump's approval rating among Blacks is now 29%, up from 15% one year ago.
Wow.

Skyrocketing ...

Old 08-05-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
People are waking up to the misinformation and lies of the left . They kept getting told by the left that Trump winning wouldn’t be the worst thing for minorities . And now minority unemployed is at record lows .

More and more are beginning to wonder .. what else is the left lying to us about to get our vote ..

Old 08-05-2018, 08:36 AM

Millennial whites are now split between voting Republican or Democrat .. what ? How can this be ? Omg they’re just be a rise of “white nationalism” and racism ! ... lol..

——
White millennials are equally divided between supporting Republicans and Democrats in this year's critical midterm elections, as a campaign urging people to "Walk Away" from the Democratic Party has picked up steam online.

“This represented a nine-point shift away from Democrats since 2016. That year, only 33 percent of young white voters said they would elect a Republican to Congress, while 47 percent said they would choose a Democrat.

https://pjmedia.com/election/white-m...icks-up-steam/

Old 08-05-2018, 11:23 AM

12,046 posts, read 6,597,096 times
Good grief....
CNN thinks #WalkAway is another Russian conspiracy from Russian bots.....

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/17/opini...ove/index.html

Old 08-05-2018, 06:52 PM

21,590 posts, read 8,759,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
So you are comparing Jews and Gays to MS-13 gang members ?...
it’s absurd that you would compare our American President to Hitler . Actually prettt disgusting really.

You misunderstood. There is a difference between comparing a person's actions to Hitler's and saying that someone is "like" Hitler. What I'm saying is that Trump uses some of the same propaganda techniques that have been successfully used by Hitler and other dictators.

Your other statement, "comparing Jews and gays to MS-13 gang members," is absurd. That is not what I said at all. These are all examples of "out groups" that are used as scapegoats. That's not the same as comparing the out groups to one another. "If it weren't for the _______, America would be a great country." It doesn't matter what you fill the blanks with. The point is that a minority group is being demonized and blamed for social ills.

Quote:
People are being killed by illegal aliens and drugs are pouring in from the border . But the left doesn’t think we should talk about it because they want to pander to a certain demographic so don’t want to say anything to “offend” them .
I'm sorry, but this is not true at all. You should have seen the outrage here in San Francisco when Kate Steinle was killed and later when the gunman was found not guilty. I can guarantee you that no one was sticking up for the shooter.

Quote:
It’s funny that Bill Clinton and Obama weren’t called racist or “hitler Like “ when they spoke of illegal aliens.
Maybe that's because they didn't refer to them as animals or blame them for what's wrong with America.

Quote:
The media is very biased towards the left it’s 100 percent obvious now . Ever seen a single positive article about Trump in the New York Times or Washington post or CNN ?
It’s become so normal to you that you don’t see the bias and propaganda of the media ..
I don't need the media to tell me anything. All Trump has to do is open his mouth (or send a tweet) and I can see what kind of person he is.

Because a website called "gop.com" is going to be completely objective. The link you posted actually suggests the opposite of what you are saying, that the left is soft on immigration. Notice that Clinton and Obama addressed the issue of immigration reform with intelligent, rational discourse, which is sadly missing in the present administration, and without calling immigrants murderers and rapists.

You can try to change the narrative, but I still stand by everything I said.

Last edited by Bayarea4; 08-05-2018 at 07:03 PM..

Old 09-21-2018, 09:41 PM

20,803 posts, read 8,636,551 times
Here is a Latino former Obama White House intern who also worked for Bernie Sanders. He must feel very isolated living in Leftist DC but I commend him for what must have been a difficult decision because he probably lost all of his friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pghPdrLJR10
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies