Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 06:44 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Yes, they should have been ushered to a safe location.
Glad we're on the same page with that. And I do agree that people shouldn't be hanging out on the road either.

If they want to ensure people pay attention, they could stand on the sidewalk by busy intersections instead...especially the ones with traffic lights that take forever to turn green.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:48 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
If people are standing in the street, when they should expect it (summary of so many comments)

Fine. Next time I'm driving my car in a neighborhood and somebody is just walking aimlessly about in the street, I'll just run over them if they get in my way. See how well THAT excuse'll stand up in court.

Old 06-30-2018, 07:01 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
If people are standing in the street, when they should expect it (summary of so many comments)

Fine. Next time I'm driving my car in a neighborhood and somebody is just walking aimlessly about in the street, I'll just run over them if they get in my way. See how well THAT excuse'll stand up in court.
Walking down the street and deliberately standing in the street to block people from passing through are not the same thing. Standing in the middle of the street is dangerous, no matter what your reason for being there.

Old 06-30-2018, 07:10 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Walking down the street and deliberately standing in the street to block people from passing through are not the same thing. Standing in the middle of the street is dangerous, no matter what your reason for being there.
This is real simple.

1. The protesters had the permission of the city to protest at PNC Park. It was the third such day.

2. The driver went down a one way street in the wrong direction.

3. The driver pulled an illegal u-turn before running through the crowd.

This is open and shut. Why are you even arguing?

Old 06-30-2018, 07:20 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
This is real simple.

1. The protesters had the permission of the city to protest at PNC Park. It was the third such day.

2. The driver went down a one way street in the wrong direction.

3. The driver pulled an illegal u-turn before running through the crowd.

This is open and shut. Why are you even arguing?
What don't you get about IF they were blocking the road then whoever gave them permission to do so is responsible for those who were injured every bit as much as the driver for hitting them and the protesters for blocking the road. Open and shut. No more to be said from me.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:10 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
What don't you get about IF they were blocking the road then whoever gave them permission to do so is responsible for those who were injured every bit as much as the driver for hitting them and the protesters for blocking the road. Open and shut. No more to be said from me.
What don't you get about pedestrian right of way in every 50 states. What don't you get about about tr=he driver going the wrong way ie. headlong into traffic, No more should be said by you because it would be a weak attempt to defend the indefensible.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:11 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Another example of a Republican going off the deep end. What's with these people? Their intolerance towards others seems to be reaching lethal levels these days.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:13 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I hate people that block roads, maybe liberals like getting in your way but for me, I hate protestors that attempt to **** you off by standing in the road...

Old 07-01-2018, 03:15 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Wrong.

If there is a legal intersection with a yield to pedestrians crossing a road your boohoo fest would actually hold merit on a technicality.

So I challenge you and the other one to go post the permit that gave protesters the right of way and to be in the street. Only time pedestrians are legally allowed to assemble in a street is with a permit, for a parade or demonstration, and the street has been shut down by law enforcement to prevent an accident from occurring.

You do not get to go out into the street. Protests and most permits keep the protests contained to an area cordoned off to prevent such things.

You justifying stupidity of being in the road, is exactly why we oppose protesting. Can't keep it civil or have any common sense about it. Gotta go out in the roads to be a martyr in a feeble attempt to draw more attention to your cause.

I say again.

Post the permit that gave them the right to assemble and right of way in the road for the event. Prove us wrong.
So people in the road protesting without a permit, you have the right to drive into them and injure or kill them...got it. Just trying to understand your thought process here.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:25 AM

30,374 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
So people standing in the street gives permission for someone to drive through them? When did common sense get thrown out?
Did you read the part about them beating on his car and throwing objects at his car? Sounds like self defense, if he would have stopped they would likely have beaten him to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies