Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 05:36 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
No kidding. People wear hats ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE these days.
Okay in schools too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 05:59 PM

30,170 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I imagine you think pants sagging at the hip are acceptable atire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagging_(fashion)

I don't make the rules on what is socially acceptable. But I also don't get bothered by it either. Its not like it lowers the quality of my life, so who cares? I am a live and let live kind of person.

Social norms change and there are people stuck in the mud who for some reason cannot accept it.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:03 PM

30,170 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Okay in schools too?

yes kids wear hats to school and in class. You don't seem to get out much.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:17 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
yes kids wear hats to school and in class. You don't seem to get out much.
Hit any Cracker Barrel restaurant and you'll see more hats being worn than bare heads. Some dudes even need to be told to doff the Caterpillar cap when visiting a funeral parlour.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:22 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
The owner made the final decision. End of story.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:26 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,280,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
The manager did the right thing, and has a lot of support.

First off, this took place in Canada. Canada which has been the whipping post for Trump for the last couple of months. Trump telling blatant lies about Canada and insulting us.

The fact that some rube would be stupid enough to wear a baseball cap that supports Trump, while visiting Canada, is not only the height of bad manners, but a provocation.

The hat represents bigotry,homophobia,mysogyny, and lies.

The manager did not refuse him service. The press has gotten the story slightly wrong. I know someone who is a friend of the manager. The actual story is that he ask the man to please remove his hat. The man said nothing, but just walked out and then complained. There was no real conversation. The motivation of the manager was that he felt the other customers would feel uncomfortable. I know it would ruin my dinner.
If it was a fast food joint, probably wouldn't care, but this is a fairly nice restaurant.
Someone who gets so triggered by a hat should probably stay home and hide under the covers.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:59 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Not in Canada. Wearing a baseball cap into a nice restaurant is considered not only rude, but crass.

I remember when people in the US had manners but that no longer holds true any longer. Sad!

Old 07-01-2018, 07:01 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Yes. Do you really think Canadians like a man who insults and lies about us? Wearing the hat is supporting that. Which is FINE if you aren't in Canada, but he was.
There is a reason I used the specific wording that I did in that question.

I figured that what I was asking would be the case but, IMO, that shouldn't be assumed.

Perhaps you are unaware of the fact that neither Trump, nor members of his campaign, were the originators of that slogan. They 'borrowed' it from Ronald Reagan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjkX_IBYQHw

As such, although it is very, very likely that the hat wearer at the restaurant near Stanley Park was intentionally identifying with Trump, IMO, the wearer deserves the benefit of the doubt of not being automatically demonized for wearing the hat (it is possible to be for some things that both Trump and Reagan support, and dislike Trump the man at the same time). <<<<< And I say all of that as someone who is neither a Republican nor a Trump supporter.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:09 PM

78,434 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Okay in schools too?
No, they have to leave them outside with the hoops they roll to school.

https://goo.gl/images/ZHZ1eM

Old 07-01-2018, 07:09 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Hit any Cracker Barrel restaurant and you'll see more hats being worn than bare heads. Some dudes even need to be told to doff the Caterpillar cap when visiting a funeral parlour.
How do you know?

Your posts don't indicate that you would be a person who would ever set foot in a Cracker Barrel while snow-birding in the U S. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies