Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2018, 08:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Not in Canada. The NRA means nothing and most might not even know what it stands for.

Open minded does not mean accepting intolerance. Remember this happened in Canada, where the hat represents not just the horribleness of a horrible man, but a man who has insulted Canada and lies constantly about it.

Why should any Canadian put up with that? The customer was a jerk or a fool, or both.

Your assumption that the manager is " liberal " is a very American take. The labels don't apply the same in Canada, however I understand that " liberal " is an insult in the US, it's not in Canada.

As much as I hate Trump, I would NEVER wear a t-shirt of anything insulting while I was visiting the US. This guy should not have either.
You've obviously never seen how offensive and insulting many,many Canadian tourists are when in the U.S. I've seen it up close and personal on a daily basis for years when we were living in a border state...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 08:33 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
In other words, he did not tolerate intolerance.
The hat only means “intolerance” for those who wish it to mean so, for political purposes.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:49 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
https://www.opentable.com/the-teahou...RoCIfYQAvD_BwE

Was the man wearing the MAGA hat sitting outside or inside? The was about the political opinion of a server who interpreted the MAGA hat to mean what he judged it to mean.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:37 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Someone actually wore that out in public? HAHAHAHA, what a total tool!

Old 07-02-2018, 09:58 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Someone actually wore that out in public? HAHAHAHA, what a total tool!
You dont think people thought the same when they saw people with “Hope and Change” t-shirts in public?

Both sides have their total tools.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:02 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,667,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Why cover their baldness? I think a bald head is unoffensive. A hat in a nice restaurant is rude.

In my line of work I come acroos men in the 40-80 years of age on a daily basis. Quite of them wear baseball hats and they have hair on the sides and back. They give the appearance of full head of hair until they are forced to remove the cap temporarily and they are bald as a pie on the top. Nothing wrong with that but it seems to cause some inferior complexity in them to the extent that they try and replace the cap back on as quickly as they can.

I can see such people not ever removing their cap in a restaurant and frankly I don't care if they do or don't do. It is their pride and if they want to keep it, so be it. As regards to MAGA hat vs a Cleveland Indians / Redskins hat, both are offensive to certain segments of the population. Should they stop wearing them because it offends those segments of the population.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:31 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
How do you know?

Your posts don't indicate that you would be a person who would ever set foot in a Cracker Barrel while snow-birding in the U S. .
Hey hold on there; there's the to and fro of getting there that one needs to consider and when we were running our RV at 65' overall length on the way to the RGV, those were the only restaurants that gave an alternative to the Flying J's and such with dedicated parking for longer rigs and tour buses.

Saw plenty of the insides of Cracker Barrels. Never wore a hat inside any of them.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:58 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I remember when people in the US had manners but that no longer holds true any longer. Sad!
It's about how they are raised. My kid wears a ball cap quite a bit but he knows what places to and not to wear it at. He has his dad to thank for that...I just enforce it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
They don't wear them to classes here in schools. They wear them to school, but are asked to take them off in class.

I mean, we can have social norms change without becoming utter cavemen.
They have the same rule here that if they wear them to school, they are not worn in school unless it's a special day to where they can wear hats.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:09 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
The manager did the right thing, and has a lot of support.

First off, this took place in Canada. Canada which has been the whipping post for Trump for the last couple of months. Trump telling blatant lies about Canada and insulting us.

The fact that some rube would be stupid enough to wear a baseball cap that supports Trump, while visiting Canada, is not only the height of bad manners, but a provocation.

The hat represents bigotry,homophobia,mysogyny, and lies.

The manager did not refuse him service. The press has gotten the story slightly wrong. I know someone who is a friend of the manager. The actual story is that he ask the man to please remove his hat. The man said nothing, but just walked out and then complained. There was no real conversation. The motivation of the manager was that he felt the other customers would feel uncomfortable. I know it would ruin my dinner.
If it was a fast food joint, probably wouldn't care, but this is a fairly nice restaurant.
thats the problem, the manager decided to ask him toremove it based on his own political views. The manager was not going off of the businesses established policy set by the owner. The manager did wrong and should of been at least re-trained, firing is a little harsh. The only support that matters in this case is from owner and the manager did not have it.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:18 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
And that's exactly what this is really about, and what Trump is really about.

It's not unlike that idiot I ran into on a plane flight very soon after the Las Vegas massacre who was proudly wearing an NRA hat and mouthing off to everyone about his extremist, right-wing beliefs. You have to be a real tool-bag to do a stunt like that, and a sadist to spout politics on a plane with a captive audience. And no doubt the righties would have defended him and pretended that they are the "victims" when they are picking fights... just any sod wearing a MAGA hat in public these days.
The "tolerant" left. So progressive! The anger that you have towards anyone wearing a MAGA hat is hilarious. Please, post more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies