Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 08:22 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
This is all BS because all you have to do is look at the whole content of Africa where there are no whites and poverty, inferiority, and crime is even worse. You had some colonization, but that was everywhere in the world and the rest of the world is advanced enough to put up a fight. Africa and its people has always been centuries behind normal civilization and clearly inferior To the rest of the world.
Where in Africa are there no white people?

Have you ever been to Africa? Studied the effects of both past and present colonialism/colonization on each African nation?

Old 07-06-2018, 08:23 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
LOL, try being a white man driving around a black hood. You'll be reported and stopped in a flash by the cops as a suspected drug buyer.

Talk about profiling.

But you know what, usually people are right when they profile.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:30 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
And it is by that same logic that whites DESERVE the reputation of racist....
It's not racism. It's the (correct) knowledge that blacks commit a far higher proportion of crimes than non-blacks.

Nice try. I know you want to blather "racism" when you can't think of any other accusation to make against whites. But try to keep up, and realize the truth instead.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:33 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
It's not racism. It's the (correct) knowledge that blacks commit a far higher proportion of crimes than non-blacks.

Nice try. I know you want to blather "racism" when you can't think of any other accusation to make against whites. But try to keep up, and realize the truth instead.

I did not say that noting that blacks have a higher crime rate is racist. I said that by the same logic of noting statistics, noting history gives white a deserving reputation as racist, if statistics can give blacks a deserving reputation as criminals.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:37 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Many years ago, I had a black boyfriend. At the time I lived in a predominantly white neighborhood. He came to my place all the time and I went to his all the time. One time he came over and I asked him to plant a tree with me out front. We were half way digging our hole when a cop came by. Said someone reported a suspicious person. He showed his ID and I explained to the cop that I lived there and we were just planting a tree. The cop went on his way.

When I started working in engineering, one time a there was an operation that needed precise surveying for elevations. Our surveyor was black. He was out there with his surveying equipment when a cop came by because someone reported a suspicious person.

Years later I had moved to a different company. While in the office I talked with my boss. He shared with me that many years ago he was a surveyor and while he was with a full crew playing out stations and forming up forms for a concrete pour a cop came by and asked him for his ID because someone reported a suspicious person. He was the only black guy there at the time.

I currently work with an older guy who's about to retire. The other day he told me he used to be a home inspector and one time while inspecting a property a couple cops came by asking for his ID because someone reported him.

I know there have been some high profile cases of black people doing every day things getting called on. These cases are high profile because there was a camera and social media. Just remember that for the longest time there was no cell phone cameras and social media. And not everyone makes a scene. Most people just show their ID to get it over with.

I know a lot of white people have trouble believing that cops get called on black people for doing ordinary things. Black people are too aware of this.
Really? You've made a lot of posts indicating a realistic view of race. But now you're going to latch onto this silly calling-the-police-while-white meme?

Old 07-06-2018, 08:39 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
I think there have been different types of incidents involving whites calling the cops on black people that have made the news recently. The incidents where the cops were called for blacks using a grill, or a girl selling lemonade, or the collge girl who was sleeping in the common area of the dorm are ridiculous, and the people who called the cops seemed pretty unstable.

With people in the neighborhood who neighbors weren’t familiar with, I think it’s a little trickier. You are taught to call the cops if you see something suspicious. Unfortunately, in some neighborhoods when there are lower crime rates, when there is violent crime (specifically “violent crime”) it’s a black person committing it. In my neighborhood in Chicago on the north side, there is very little violent crime, however, the few cases of violent crime that you periodically hear about over the years have almost always been committed by blacks. The only time I’ve ever seen any fights in my neighborhood was outside a neighborhood bar on a Sunday afternoon. There was a drunk black guy who kept trying to attack the guy at the door. He was yelling and making a skeptical, and his girlfriend and others kept trying to hold him back until the police finally came. It was right across a popular brunch place, and crowds were just looking on in shock. I think this can cause people to be suspicious, and is a lot different than calling the police on a black person selling lemonade or grilling.

Now if a white neighbor were to see a black person (or anyone else) who they didn’t recognize in the middle of the day, who is doing something out in the open, it’s highly unlikely that they are up to anything nefarious. A simple ‘hello’ and friendly conversation could probably reveal what the person is doing and would prevent the need to call the cops. Of course if the person is in an alley or in isolated area, maybe calling the cops would be safer.

I guess, bottom line is there are shades of grey to this.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Here we go again with this assertion. Where are you getting these numbers?

Old 07-06-2018, 08:53 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I think there have been different types of incidents involving whites calling the cops on black people that have made the news recently. The incidents where the cops were called for blacks using a grill, or a girl selling lemonade, or the collge girl who was sleeping in the common area of the dorm are ridiculous, and the people who called the cops seemed pretty unstable.

With people in the neighborhood who neighbors weren’t familiar with, I think it’s a little trickier. You are taught to call the cops if you see something suspicious. Unfortunately, in some neighborhoods when there are lower crime rates, when there is violent crime (specifically “violent crime”) it’s a black person committing it. In my neighborhood in Chicago on the north side, there is very little violent crime, however, the few cases of violent crime that you periodically hear about over the years have almost always been committed by blacks. The only time I’ve ever seen any fights in my neighborhood was outside a neighborhood bar on a Sunday afternoon. There was a drunk black guy who kept trying to attack the guy at the door. He was yelling and making a skeptical, and his girlfriend and others kept trying to hold him back until the police finally came. It was right across a popular brunch place, and crowds were just looking on in shock. I think this can cause people to be suspicious, and is a lot different than calling the police on a black person selling lemonade or grilling.

Now if a white neighbor were to see a black person (or anyone else) who they didn’t recognize in the middle of the day, who is doing something out in the open, it’s highly unlikely that they are up to anything nefarious. A simple ‘hello’ and friendly conversation could probably reveal what the person is doing and would prevent the need to call the cops. Of course if the person is in an alley or in isolated area, maybe calling the cops would be safer.

I guess, bottom line is there are shades of grey to this.

Yeah...to a degree its human nature to be stupid/ignorant, if that is how you want to justify it. I would say that the percentage of blacks with an IQ over 135 is probably equal to the percentage of blacks who commit violent crimes of murder/rape/robbery. The percent of any population that has an IQ over 135 is very small....to small to label that population as geniuses. Why should a population be branded as violent when an equally small percentage are committing violent crime?

I am sorry.....if less than 5% of black people are committing violent crimes.....why is it deserving that the average black person gets seen as a violent criminal? That is BS. If you are looking at the news and seeing blacks committing crimes on the news in a metro of 8 or 9 million people.....and you extrapolate from the blacks you see on the news that the 1.5 million blacks in the metro are likely the same as the .0001 you see on the news committing crime....then one is an idiot if not a racist.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:55 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Your point such as it is was clear, all whites are raaaaaacist according to your limited experiences you wrote about.
You have a notion and are clearly looking for confirmation of your own bias. Why is that I wonder, guilt maybe?

Is there racism? Certainly, on both sides IF one is being honest. As I also said there's much more than just racial bigotry it's just the others aren't "hip" or "in vogue" to bit#h about right now.
I'd like you to point out where I ever used the word "all".

Old 07-06-2018, 08:57 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Here we go again with this assertion. Where are you getting these numbers?

A decent summary that tries to take factors that impact the %'s into account:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_a..._United_States

I live in a neighborhood that is 80% Indian (from India) and a lady called the cops on two Hispanic males in a white van....in a neighborhood that is under construction. It probably had ladders on top of it. I almost cried when I saw her facebook post to BOLO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies