Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 11:18 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,608 times

Advertisements

Perhaps if the Donald had waived his signed paper from Kim and proclaimed "we have peace in our time" you trumplings would have figured it out. Sadly as the Donald doesn't do nuance we can't expect any of the cult to do it either. The Donald bungled this whole thing from day one when he agreed to meet Kim unconditionally. At the very least he should have demanded the return of the remains of Korean war soldiers as a condition of meeting. There should have been meetings with underlings to set up and agree on what was to come from a meeting of the leaders first. There should have been concrete results from the North Korean government as a demonstration of their sincerity before any meeting between Trump and Kim. But as I said the Donald doesn't do nuance. So he got played, gave Kim some great internal propaganda and got squat in return. In other words he learned nothing from our previous history of negotiating with North Korea. The sad thing is his pack of bleating sheep can't see that its all about the Donald's ego above all else. So they continue to engage in endless rounds of whataboutism and try to deflect blame anywhere but where it belongs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 12:29 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,706,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Let’s quit being silly assed Americans. Kim cannot denuclearize NK and remain in power! Okay? Get real!

No world leader is dumb enough to give up their only leverage in a world where the United States goes around toppling governments that they don’t like.

Sorry folks, but this is the inevitable result when you agreed to let Bush invade Iraq and when you spend 38 years trying to topple Iran. Kim ain’t dumb...YOU ARE! The United States has backed itself into a corner, and Kim is not gonna save Trump’s bacon on this issue.
Absolutely right. It was nuclear weapons that forced the US to the negotiating table, NK will never give up it's nuclear weapons.

If Trump actually believed that NK would denuclearize, then he's a bigger dope than I thought he was. His base actually believed him, surely they can't be that dumb, or are they?

Old 07-08-2018, 12:46 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Absolutely right. It was nuclear weapons that forced the US to the negotiating table, NK will never give up it's nuclear weapons.

If Trump actually believed that NK would denuclearize, then he's a bigger dope than I thought he was. His base actually believed him, surely they can't be that dumb, or are they?
I wonder myself about what these people think.

I think they HOPE that it happens, but most Trump supporters can’t possibly be that delusional. They have to know that Kim can’t denuclearize and remain in power. If he gives up those nukes, we’ll invade him if there is even a rumor that he’s violating the agreement and is trying to crank the program up again. If the American people were dumb enough to fall for the lie on Iraq, they’ll be just as dumb when it comes to NK. The media will sit silent like it did in the lead up to the Iraq War, and idiots like John Bolton will easily drum up support for an invasion by scaring Americans half to death. Americans aren’t smart enough to know better.

If I know this, then Kim knows this. Conservatives think Kim is stupid, but he’s far from it. Trump isn’t his mental equal by a long shot.

I don’t think Kim could denuclearize even if he wanted to. He’s not the only person with power in that country. No way.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:51 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The senseless trash talk from The Left continues.
We have heard from people who do not need to watch news because they have read books written by North Koreans (that's pretty funny), people who know what Kim's IQ is and are ready to compare it with Trump's (never actually talked to Kim, but still ... they know), and people who give great weight to Kim having his picture taken with Trump, but, they, themselves proclaim that they would be insulted if they were in the same photograph as POTUS.

It has been declared that US has gone backward, somehow, and it will be up to the next POTUS to fix it. When Obama wanted to meet with Iran they thought it was wonderful. Obama did in fact meet with Cubans and they celebrated, but something (TDS?) prevents them from seeing anything positive about Trump meeting Kim in Singapore.

Secretary Pompeo went to North Korea and delivered a message. The North Koreans did not like what they heard, and as far as I know that's a good thing. So the North Koreans are doing the only thing they can do - they are threatening to keep their nuclear weapons. Who knows; perhaps they will turn down everything and remain as they are.
Trump is tough and he will get a good deal for America or none at all. The Left was never going to be satisfied no matter what the news is out of North Korea. They screamed with glee when North Korea threatened to back out of the meeting, snickered when the two leaders had their picture taken, and are now forecasting doom because North Korea is putting up resistance.
The Left continues to make themselves irrelevant because they have no consistent position.
Give it a rest.

LMAO @ Trump is tough. Staaahp it. SMH

If they don’t give up the nukes, what’s Trump gonna do? I’ll tell you: nothing. Because there’s nothing he can do.

And don’t give me that nonsense about getting China to pressure NK. China isn’t gonna spit on a fellow Asian nation in order to ameliorate a nation that’s on the other side of the world. That would be dumb.

We are powerless in this situation, and you’ll just have to live with that fact.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:56 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Give it a rest.

If they don’t give up the nukes, what’s Trump gonna do? I’ll tell you: nothing. Because there’s nothing he can do.

And don’t give me that nonsense about getting China to pressure NK. China isn’t gonna spit on a fellow Asian nation in order to ameliorate a nation that’s on the other side of the world. That would be dumb.

We are powerless in this situation, and you’ll just have to live with that fact.
Xi might be able to pressure Kim into changing his ways, but Trump isn't going to do squat.

Xi is fine with Kim keeping the nukes. It protects part of China's borders and keeps the U.S. throwing money into the military while China focuses on economic growth, buying gold to back the yuan, etc.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:53 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post

Trump himself is pretty clueless. Raise a child and tell them everything they think is correct and they might turn out like him.

MANY of his followers are simply ignorant...although that should not be an excuse. Remember when a large percentage of Americans could not find Afghanistan or Iraq on a map? Same deal - these folks don't know the history, let alone the current events.

All they know is their "gut" tells them that following a Realty TV star will beat following a black muslim. Nothing else comes into view.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:54 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Xi might be able to pressure Kim into changing his ways, but Trump isn't going to do squat.

Xi is fine with Kim keeping the nukes. It protects part of China's borders and keeps the U.S. throwing money into the military while China focuses on economic growth, buying gold to back the yuan, etc.
Also, China does not want North and South Korea to reunite as this would be a perceived threat to China.

Old 07-08-2018, 08:12 AM

312 posts, read 268,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

You see, I agree that North Korea acting out again has Xi and China written all over it.

Remember 2 weeks ago, Kim and Xi met in Beijing. I had a bad feeling about the meeting because we all know that North Korea is a puppet on the strings of China. NK won't do anything without Xi's approval. Historically, North Korea has provided zero benefits for China besides preventing the reunification of the Korean Peninsula and North Korea acting as a punching bag against the United States.

But I think this all relates back to the trade war. If you read in-depth articles on it, the US is in a much stronger position to win. For every dollar we export to China, China exports 4 to us. China can't afford a trade war as their economy is currently heavily focused on exports (i.e. China manufacturing dominance 2025). And the Chinese know this.

And as previously mentioned above, China controls every move North Korea makes. Do you think Xi is telling Kim to progress with his nuclear developments as a way to get Trump and the US to concede on the trade war? A quid pro quo of ... You end this trade war, we will get NK to completely and permanently denuclearize

Old 07-08-2018, 11:01 AM

25,581 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
Give it a rest.

Here's the question:
If the US is so powerless, why did Kim meet with Trump? Why didn't he meet with, say, Nicaragua?

If they don't give up nukes, they are going to have to remain isolated. You don't know this, but Nikki Haley went to the UN and got a unanimous vote to impose sanctions on Korea. The Koreans don't like the sanctions one bit. They are not even allowed to sell rocks and dirt, cannot import petroleum products, and are busy trying to find ways to work around the sanctions.
Quote:
The resolution passed 15-0, said Japan's ambassador to the United Nations. Japan holds the presidency of the Security Council this month.

Will it all work out? I dunno. But in the meantime it is nice to be entertained by the Trump Resistance.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:32 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Here's the question:
If the US is so powerless, why did Kim meet with Trump? Why didn't he meet with, say, Nicaragua?

If they don't give up nukes, they are going to have to remain isolated. You don't know this, but Nikki Haley went to the UN and got a unanimous vote to impose sanctions on Korea. The Koreans don't like the sanctions one bit. They are not even allowed to sell rocks and dirt, cannot import petroleum products, and are busy trying to find ways to work around the sanctions.

Will it all work out? I dunno. But in the meantime it is nice to be entertained by the Trump Resistance.
North Korea does not need the US and sanctions will have no effect on them because China and Russia totally take care of the needs of North Korea.

NORTH KOREA'S KIM JONG UN DOES NOT NEED U.S. SUPPORT, CHINA AND RUSSIA WILL DO JUST FINE

Quote:
Fuel transfers and trade on the Yellow Sea, oil smuggled onto North Korean vessels, and China’s role as Pyongyang’s main sponsor and patron, are facets that have long been known and debated. China supplies almost all the North’s aviation fuel. Its food and oil aid, along with industrial machinery, have been instrumental in keeping the nation alive for decades. The economic assistance provided to North Korea accounts for nearly half of China’s overall foreign aid, and it remains the largest foreign direct investor in North Korea, accounting for more than 92.5% of North Korea’s total trade.
Quote:
Kim Jong-un had received an invitation to visit Moscow. This was corroborated by the Russian Foreign Ministry’s announcement that North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong-ho was invited to visit Moscow on April 9–11 for a foreign ministers’ meeting. Most palpably, Kim Jong-un’s Russia visit would be the top agenda item.
Russia, China Power Games Prop Up North Korea’s Nuclear Brinkmanship
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies