Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 04:37 PM

37,162 posts, read 42,343,754 times

Advertisements

It looks like we may have to have a difficult conversation about when a fetus becomes a human life, and come to a consensus that we adopt as a scientific and medical fact. I know I know, it was easier to not think about it at all but fun time is over, now let's get busy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2022, 04:40 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,610,543 times
abortion was a non-issue for the evangelical right in the 60s and 70s....they realized they could use it as a power grab and they will not allow common sense

Old 05-03-2022, 06:07 PM
nng

695 posts, read 292,864 times
Religious people are so fanatic. Makes me sad for all the rape victims or future rape victims. They'll get no say in the matter they'll just be forced to have the rapists spawn . I bet there will be sick men who will rape girls and woman knowing the state will force women to carry their spawn to term. But I guess this is what this handmaiden tale society wants for women. For women to have no self determination or agency over their owns lives or futures. Sad. I think with men you never win if you are a women.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:20 PM

6,450 posts, read 2,767,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
Religious people are so fanatic. Makes me sad for all the rape victims or future rape victims. They'll get no say in the matter they'll just be forced to have the rapists spawn . I bet there will be sick men who will rape girls and woman knowing the state will force women to carry their spawn to term. But I guess this is what this handmaiden tale society wants for women. For women to have no self determination or agency over their owns lives or futures. Sad. I think with men you never win if you are a women.
They are no more fanatical than the "Pro Abortion" groups who have no issue with aborting a baby up to(and if some states get their way) even for a time after the birth of the baby. The title of this thread is "Common Sense Abortion Control", not extremist abortion control.

Prevention, like many things in life, is often the best "Control". If people would think of the consequences before they dropped their drawers the number even considering abortion would be drastically reduced.

It is very unlikely that a total ban on abortion in all circumstances would pass any State House. But beyond that whether or not you personally agree with one side or the other, a vast majority of people appear to be willing to accept abortion with limitations. The biggest hangup is the discussion as to what that magical "cut-off" time should be.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:21 PM

29,772 posts, read 14,831,350 times
Quote:
Holy hell....calm down, take a breath, maybe go outside, take a walk....no reason to become unhinged. Don't worry, you aren't going to lose the right to take an the life of an unborn baby. There might just be some restrictions, hopefully only the time frame it can be done. And hopefully the Federal government doesn't call the shots. It should be a state issue.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:24 PM
nng

695 posts, read 292,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Holy hell....calm down, take a breath, maybe go outside, take a walk....no reason to become unhinged. Don't worry, you aren't going to lose the right to take an the life of an unborn baby. There might just be some restrictions, hopefully only the time frame it can be done. And hopefully the Federal government doesn't call the shots. It should be a state issue.
I don't believe in late term abortion it should be restricted I don't believe in abortion up until birth but this whole no exceptions thing is frightening to the core. It goes against a woman having sovereignty of her own life. It's sickening.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:28 PM

4,553 posts, read 4,084,190 times
If it saves just one baby’s life, abortion should be illegal

Old 05-03-2022, 06:29 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,698,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
If it saves just one baby’s life, abortion should be illegal
How many years in prison should a woman get if she has an abortion?

Old 05-03-2022, 06:30 PM

29,772 posts, read 14,831,350 times
Quote:
I don't believe in late term abortion it should be restricted I don't believe in abortion up until birth but this whole no exceptions thing is frightening to the core. It goes against a woman having sovereignty of her own life. It's sickening.
I won't argue this. And where is this "no exceptions" rhetoric coming from ? There was a draft that was leaked, and might not even be completely confirmed and people are coming unglued.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:30 PM

3,359 posts, read 1,243,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
They are no more fanatical than the "Pro Abortion" groups who have no issue with aborting a baby up to(and if some states get their way) even for a time after the birth of the baby. The title of this thread is "Common Sense Abortion Control", not extremist abortion control.

Prevention, like many things in life, is often the best "Control". If people would think of the consequences before they dropped their drawers the number even considering abortion would be drastically reduced.

It is very unlikely that a total ban on abortion in all circumstances would pass any State House. But beyond that whether or not you personally agree with one side or the other, a vast majority of people appear to be willing to accept abortion with limitations. The biggest hangup is the discussion as to what that magical "cut-off" time should be.
Who ever said “pro-abortion” groups are fanatics who want abortions during an entire pregnancy? Who ever said abortions without any restrictions? Every single woman I know would prefer to see abortion a very rare thing, but feel strongly each woman should be in charge of her own body.
I’m a grandma and I remember the bad old days. I feel for my sweet granddaughters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies