Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2022, 12:36 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,260,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
A baby is not a parasite. A parasite harms the host.

A baby does not harm the mother.

In fact the mother gets all sorts of health benefits from being pregnant. Lower risks for many types of cancers, including breast, ovarian and cervical, lower risk of multiple sclerosis and less painful periods. Just to name a few. Pregnant women also start caring about their health. They eat better, get more sleep and in general take better care of themselves. These habits remain after the baby is born.

Obviously you've never felt the pain of what child birth brings...I've seen my sister in law deal w/ the morning sickness...and the extreme pain of the birth itself. I've had a family member die from childbirth...so yes a fetus can harm a mother...and it is a parasite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
We have common sense abortion control in the form of birth control pills, IUDs, shots, implants, condoms, etc. People choosing not to use them is the issue.
Sometimes these fail.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The decision is Constitutionally correct. Even RBG, who supported abortion rights, knew Roe was a farce.
Nope...RBG would have voted to uphold Roe

Old 05-05-2022, 01:12 PM

89,295 posts, read 45,022,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Nope...RBG would have voted to uphold Roe
RBG knew the specified Constitutional basis of the Roe decision was a farce. She was correct on that.

https://www.newsweek.com/ruth-bader-...scotus-1702948

Old 05-05-2022, 01:16 PM

4,310 posts, read 1,568,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
A baby is not a parasite. A parasite harms the host.
This is not technically the case. A parasite takes nutrients from it's host, it doesn't necessarily harm the host. A tapeworm for instance is a parasite that doesn't really harm us, just eats a lot of our food.

Old 05-05-2022, 01:46 PM

6,493 posts, read 6,704,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
There are many negative terms that are inflammatory but don’t stop being used. Murder, baby killers, abortion lover. Calling women sluts, telling them to keep their legs closed. The list is long.
That's true. It's easy to spot someone who doesn't actually have a substantive argument. They resort to name calling instead of logic and facts.

Old 05-05-2022, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I have given links to show that medically and scientifically, yes it is a parasite. You may want to deny that truth because of the connotation, but it IS the truth.
Fine, you can call an embryo or fetus a parasite if thats what you want. Most people would never use that term in that way. Using your train of thought, I suppose you could call a nursing infant a parasite also. But so what? Why do that?

This thread, per its title, is about "common sense abortion control." Perhaps you could tell me how your semantical argument about the word "parasite" fits into the topic at hand, because I don't know what point you're trying to make.

Old 05-05-2022, 02:12 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,609,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Fine, you can call an embryo or fetus a parasite if thats what you want. Most people would never use that term in that way. Using your train of thought, I suppose you could call a nursing infant a parasite also. But so what? Why do that?

This thread, per its title, is about "common sense abortion control." Perhaps you could tell me how your semantical argument about the word "parasite" fits into the topic at hand, because I don't know what point you're trying to make.
The point is let's not call the fetus a "baby". Which is what many who are opposed to abortion do.

Old 05-05-2022, 02:49 PM

3,094 posts, read 1,560,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
We have common sense abortion control in the form of birth control pills, IUDs, shots, implants, condoms, etc. People choosing not to use them is the issue.
well since some of your methods don't prevent fertilization, only implantation, many states that are against abortion are trying to outlaw a number of bc methods.

Old 05-05-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
The point is let's not call the fetus a "baby". Which is what many who are opposed to abortion do.
Nooo....people who are opposed to abortion often DO call the little "entity" a "baby." I prefer to use the biological terms of zygote, blastocyst, embryo, and fetus, but that's probably because of my medical science background (and my preference for clarity and facts.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies