Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2022, 11:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times

Advertisements

All for legislation that provides guidelines and laws for safe practices with regards to abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2022, 11:16 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A parasite is a different species from it’s host. A parasite takes but doesn’t give. A fetus and it’s mother have a mutually beneficial relationship. You’re incorrect.
I have given scientific and medical links that prove I am right. You? You only make assertions.

Old 05-05-2022, 11:20 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I have given scientific and medical links that prove I am right. You? You only make assertions.
Your links don’t say a fetus is a parasite.

Old 05-05-2022, 11:24 AM

3,415 posts, read 1,447,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
And what does all that have to do with abiding by our Constitution's plan of federalism, and the S.C. striking down Roe vs Wade as it ought to do?

Seems to me the vast majority of the Democrat Party Leadership detests people, even in their own party, being free within their own state to make their own hometown rules, subject only to amendments made to our federal constitution which three fourths of the states agree are appropriate restrictions on such freedom.

Why are so many democrat leaders against embracing our Constitution and federalism, a big-tent system, and instead want to enforce their personal whims and fancies as the rule of law in every state in the Union and upon every soul in the United States? Is it not a fact that striking down Roe v Wade would simply restore to the people in each state the freedom and liberty to determine the rule of law as applied to abortion? Is this not true "diversity"?

What has happened to democrats' much touted love affair with “diversity”, and leaving to the people within each state the liberty and freedom to formulate and adopt a democratic consensus over their own destiny, and control over those “. . . objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State"? ___ Federalist No. 45

Why on earth does this crowd detest abiding by the rule of law with such vigor and emotion, and not embrace federalism, our Constitution's big-tent system, at least with respect to abortion?

JWK

Old 05-05-2022, 11:54 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,246,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Lol a fetus is not a living breathing thing, and murder ? Just stop already
Exactly...can a fetus survive outside the womb in the world...the answer is nope...not until it' gets into the 3rd trimester and then it takes the miracle of modern medicine which costs thousands of dollars to do it...so no, a fetus is not a living breathing person.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:09 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Exactly...can a fetus survive outside the womb in the world...the answer is nope...not until it' gets into the 3rd trimester and then it takes the miracle of modern medicine which costs thousands of dollars to do it...so no, a fetus is not a living breathing person.
21 weeks so actually, second trimester.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:12 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,246,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I'll say it again, for the hard of hearing.

For me, the 2016 POTUS vote was all about SCOTUS. Yes, I used my power to vote to be one of millions helping MAGA by reshaping SCOTUS to its Strict Constitutionalist purpose.

Been waiting almost 5 decades to fix the terrible liberal power grab Roe ruling, but the long wait was worth it!

Liberals can now run to their safe spaces, and view this court (Though acting as the founders wanted) as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX3bN5YeiQs
This is the worst activist court in decades...this decision is an abomination.
Democrats should have come together and ended the filibuster and packed the court to fix the extreme right wing bend that Trump gave it.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:18 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
This is the worst activist court in decades...this decision is an abomination.
Democrats should have come together and ended the filibuster and packed the court to fix the extreme right wing bend that Trump gave it.
The decision is Constitutionally correct. Even RBG, who supported abortion rights, knew Roe was a farce.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Your links don’t say a fetus is a parasite.
Yes, they actually do!

Including these:

https://www.reading.ac.uk/news-archi...nd%20nutrients.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/servi...a-parasite.pdf

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28712140/

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-is-a-parasite

Which one of these did you read????

Old 05-05-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
And what does all that have to do with abiding by our Constitution's plan of federalism, and the S.C. striking down Roe vs Wade as it ought to do?

Seems to me the vast majority of the Democrat Party Leadership detests people, even in their own party, being free within their own state to make their own hometown rules, subject only to amendments made to our federal constitution which three fourths of the states agree are appropriate restrictions on such freedom.

Why are so many democrat leaders against embracing our Constitution and federalism, a big-tent system, and instead want to enforce their personal whims and fancies as the rule of law in every state in the Union and upon every soul in the United States? Is it not a fact that striking down Roe v Wade would simply restore to the people in each state the freedom and liberty to determine the rule of law as applied to abortion? Is this not true "diversity"?

What has happened to democrats' much touted love affair with “diversity”, and leaving to the people within each state the liberty and freedom to formulate and adopt a democratic consensus over their own destiny, and control over those “. . . objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State"? ___ Federalist No. 45

Why on earth does this crowd detest abiding by the rule of law with such vigor and emotion, and not embrace federalism, our Constitution's big-tent system, at least with respect to abortion?

JWK

So, you are OK with the majority taking away the rights of the minority? Say, overturn gay rights to marriage? Say, back to the old South and their treatments of blacks? Say women losing the right to vote? Say the right to own guns?

Where do you draw the line?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies