Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 11:25 AM

8,226 posts, read 3,425,642 times

Advertisements

People with extreme views on politics (which seems to be common these days) actually hate and despise the other side. I don't think that's an exaggeration. Right now, the Democrats are much worse, since Republicans have the power.

I know extreme Democrats who will only associate with other Trump-haters.

They probably think this hatred is healthy and constructive, since in their minds Trump is dangerous and evil. Hating Trump, and all his supporters, is like hating Nazis, to them.

But I think living with that kind of hatred, all the time, is unhealthy and distracts from real problems. For one thing, they see all evil as out there, on the other side, never inside themselves. We all have some evil inside us, which we need to at least be aware of. But despising other people distracts from looking at yourself realistically. The Trump haters feel superior and virtuous.

We all have imperfections and we all have ignorance. Focusing intently on someone else's imperfections and areas of ignorance distracts us from seeing our own.

Despising half the country, with all your heart and soul, means you do not have to improve yourself. You are already wonderful and as close to perfect as any human can be. You can be vicious, dishonest, and unfair, to people around you, if you feel like it, because all your anger is always justified somehow.

Hatred and anger are natural and they will always be with us in this world. Often they are healthy instincts that protect us. I am not against hatred and anger.

But I am against this chronic, extreme, judgmental, irrational, hatred that I am seeing now days in Trump-haters.

And, by the way, I am not a Trump supporter. I do kind of sympathize with them, though, and I think I understand why they felt we needed a president like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 11:29 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
So you talk about extremists hating half the country, but you only talk about extremist democrats. You say nothing about extremist conservatives.

And then to attempt to make yourself look unbiased in the matter, at the very end you say you're not a Trump supporter.

Gotcha.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:31 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
The fish starts to rot from the head. (according to the Russians)

Hillary Clinton about Trump Supporters....
"basket of deplorables" "They are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic - you name it"
First time I've ever heard the leader of either political party, say such a thing about 10s of millions of their fellow American citizens.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:35 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,057,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The fish starts to rot from the head. (according to the Russians).
You pubs do love Russia for some reason this electoral cycle, don't you?

Old 07-15-2018, 11:37 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
Who in their right mind could support a President who knows there was interference in the elections and will meet with Putin, ALONE. He wouldn’t dare say a bad word about his boss. Putin has a Puppet and his name is Trump. Yes, extremists are on both sides but the Republicans are complicit in not giving Trump a push back on important things like hacking our elections. I guess because it benefited the Republicans it’s okay.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
So you talk about extremists hating half the country, but you only talk about extremist democrats. You say nothing about extremist conservatives.

And then to attempt to make yourself look unbiased in the matter, at the very end you say you're not a Trump supporter.

Gotcha.
Yeah. I thought there was something missing from that post.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-15-2018 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: response to deleted post

Old 07-15-2018, 11:41 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,425,421 times
And so another poo-flinging thread begins. Same end result, those flinging poo have it all over their hands and only make more people ignore them for the sad, lonely and pathetic people they are. Doesn't matter "side", as both are doing it.

Meanwhile, the politicians and elites look down and smile. When the serfs are infighting, no one stands to oppose them and their actions.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:42 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Watching a Harry Potter marathon and realized trump is Dolores Umbridge.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:44 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The fish starts to rot from the head. (according to the Russians)

Hillary Clinton about Trump Supporters....
"basket of deplorables" "They are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic - you name it"
First time I've ever heard the leader of either political party, say such a thing about 10s of millions of their fellow American citizens.
Agree. Hillary's proclamation that tens of millions of fellow citizens were deplorable racists and xenophobes - with half again being irredeemable - raised the hostility against Republicans to a previously unheard of level. Her comments from a day or two ago doubled down on the animus and convinced me, yet again, how we dodged a bullet.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:47 AM

14,783 posts, read 8,117,863 times
I certainly remember a lot of hate and venom being spewed out during President Obama's
eight years. Very nasty, hateful stuff...from the Republican Base. Some of it, even racist.

We had President's from the side that I didn't vote for win before, and it's all good. But,

Trump is anything but a normal President. He is toxic. And he is attacking the most basic of all
American Values. I don't hate his supporters, but I find it very difficult to grasp what was in their minds when they voted him into office, all things considered.

He is a danger to our Country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies