Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 04:25 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Yeah...... it was real hard for a little old lady to catch up!!....... Don't you just love her? She has been on the throne of England since 1953, and has always done her duty to her people.

I know many Americans laugh at royalty, but we're real fond of them. Oh, they cost us money, but very little per head. For that money, we get a real life soap opera that goes on forever. Now, we have Harry and Meghan, William and Kate, plus their children coming along nicely.

Charles and his bumbling speeches, plus Camilla in her big hats. It's just endlessly entertaining......
I love her as many do... what a wonderful lady she is and always has been.. Ill bet she had a wee giggle later on at the antics of the day.... and thankfully big mouth Phil got sent to his room haha.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:25 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
You dont offer your arm hand or anything to the Queen.. she walks on her own always.... however he was a bit of a prat walking in front of the lady. at the guard inspection... his manners arent quite sorted and should be in his position.. he should be reading up on the protocol of other countries as the Queen does when visiting other places and is never offensive.....
Trump is a rude low-class boor, especially walking in front of the Queen, or any lady, for that matter.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:26 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
You think Trump is a better President than any of the last seven Presidents? What kind of spiked Kool-Aid have you been drinking? I’d even take Nixon any day over Know-Nothing Trump!!
NIXON... jeez , oh dear.. Im stunned.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:28 AM

336 posts, read 147,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I don’t believe the queen of England cares

She's not the Queen of England,
She's Queen of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms.

Although she does only come to Scotland for her summmer vacation.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:32 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I love her as many do... what a wonderful lady she is and always has been.. Ill bet she had a wee giggle later on at the antics of the day.... and thankfully big mouth Phil got sent to his room haha.
Yes, it was strange seeing the Queen all alone without Phillip by her side. But, he's done his duty to the Queen and country. I think at 96 he had the right to call it a day.

I bet she did laugh when she watched what happened later on the telly. It was funny. Donald was distracted. Probably worrying about his man boobs wobbling, when he goes topless horse riding tomorrow with his pal Vladimir........

Old 07-15-2018, 04:34 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
I rather see it like dipping flags at sea............bummer that there are those these days who expect us to apologize and submit for everything.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:59 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
You think Trump is a better President than any of the last seven Presidents? What kind of spiked Kool-Aid have you been drinking? I’d even take Nixon any day over Know-Nothing Trump!!
The US has had good and not so goiod Presidents.

FDR who had a very good relationship with Churchill throughout WW2 until his untimely death. FDR was a great man and Churchill and the nation paid homage by unveiling the Rossevelt Memoreial in the heart of London.

British PM Harold Macmillan who had established a good relationship with Eisenhower during WW2 and also had a good relationship with JFK. Macmillan knew JFK when he lived in London and was a young man about town, he also knew his father who was the US Ambassador to London, and one of Kennedy's sister was married in to Macmillan's wife's family. Macmillan turned up to greet Eisenhower at the Airport in a White Open Top Rolls Royce and crowds cheered Eisenhower through the streets of London.

Reagan had a good relationship with the UK, he had a good sense of humour and shared the Queen's passion for horses, and even rode together through Windsor Great Park. The Queen later visited Reagan's ranch in the US. Reagan also had a good relationship with the Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
US Presidents that had a good relationship with Britain include;

Bill Clinton and Tony Blair had a good relationship, and relations with George Bush were also friendly.

Post War Presidents that didn't have good relationship with Britain include;

Lyndon Johnson who had a strained relationship with Harold Wilson and was upset that Britain refused to become involved in the Vietnam War. Johnson never visited Britain.

Edward Heath had a cool relationship with Washington and Nixon, however Gerald Ford later had a good relationship with James Callaghan.

Obama had a very frosty relationship with David Cameron and the UK.

In terms of Trump, I think he genuinely likes the UK, and clearly his Scottish mother had a big influence on his life. I think whilst Trump may be gaff prone, he will try to do a trade deal and I think although relations may be challenging I don't think they will be frosty.

Old 07-15-2018, 05:04 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The US has had good and not so goiod Presidents.

FDR who had a very good relationship with Churchill throughout WW2 until his untimely death. FDR was a great man and Churchill and the nation paid homage by unveiling the Rossevelt Memoreial in the heart of London.

British PM Harold Macmillan who had established a good relationship with Eisenhower during WW2 and also had a good relationship with JFK. Macmillan knew JFK when he lived in London and was a young man about town, he also knew his father who was the US Ambassador to London, and one of Kennedy's sister was married in to Macmillan's wife's family. Macmillan turned up to greet Eisenhower at the Airport in a White Open Top Rolls Royce and crowds cheered Eisenhower through the streets of London.

GEEEE-eeeee, that's painting it rather rosey. Would make almost anyone believe that...................Skybolt was just a bump in the road.

Old 07-15-2018, 05:11 AM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
Quote:
Trump is a rude low-class boor, especially walking in front of the Queen, or any lady, for that matter.
The things is, Trump voters already knew this about him but they voted for him anyway.

Old 07-15-2018, 05:13 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Here we go again. The real issue at hand is that we have a free-wheeling president who thinks he can just make **** up as he goes rather than listen to a damn protocol officer. He has (or should have) an entire team of protocol experts (if he hasn't fired them) who can help him avoid these social landmines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies