Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 08:30 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
More race baiting by the leftists. Divide and conquer.
Maybe the call was racially motivated, and maybe it was not. Either way, how damn paranoid have we become, as a society, when people call the police over something like this instead of just saying, "hey, kid, what are you doing?"

That is what divides and conquers: that level of fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 08:50 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Maybe the call was racially motivated, and maybe it was not. Either way, how damn paranoid have we become, as a society, when people call the police over something like this instead of just saying, "hey, kid, what are you doing?"

Well, as I said, we have to remember what we have taught children for decades about not talking to strangers.

Further, who have we taught children to talk to if not their parents? The police.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEjnmhBJA1w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6H9RzWfeZ4

We can't have it both ways. We want to keep children safe then we teach them proper ways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxLD1uq94sE
but then we can't turn around and break those rules because it is convenient to us.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:51 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
The kid didn't file his 1099 form out completely.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:51 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post

Growing up, my neighbors called the cops/city on us a lot, for dumb things. Meanwhile we were the type to confront issues in person, like thieves. We (society) haven’t become anything we already have been. Msm on other hand is stirring animosity.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:44 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,098 times
Don Lemon race baiting? OMG you can't be serious lol

Old 07-15-2018, 10:25 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Paper boys don't normally take newspapers off your porch. It was obviously suspicious and unsurprising that someone called the police. I'd love to meet (and laugh at) the goofball CNN media guy that decided this story supports the current calling-the-police-while-white narrative.
In my town, you don’t call the cops unless you need a soldier. Stealing newspapers ( even though he wasn’t ) doesn’t qualify for an ARMED response.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:40 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
The boy was being driven by his mother and was running up to porches to take back newspapers that they had mis-delivered.
Of course it looks suspicious - like a porch pirate.

So few people get home delivery these days that a car is required and so it is done by adults who never get out the car, just toss it out the window. It's not a job for kids anymore - unless they get driven by their mom. I had a 1 mile daily paper route when I was a pre-teen with 50 customers, got up in the dark, and walked it myself with no lift from parents no matter what the weather. You don't learn independence when your mom drives you.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:44 AM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
In my town, you don’t call the cops unless you need a soldier. Stealing newspapers ( even though he wasn’t ) doesn’t qualify for an ARMED response.
Not sure. Our local is $4 on Sunday now. Times is $6. Course not many sold anymore.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:46 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Paper boys don't normally take newspapers off your porch. It was obviously suspicious and unsurprising that someone called the police. .
But does this reach the level of actually calling police though? not remotely imo.

If they were that concerned about something so trivial, they could have easily walked over and asked what the kid was doing, this would have ended the whole thing on the spot.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:49 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I'm surprised nobody shot the kid, I'm sure he looked like a clear and present danger with his threatening newspapers.
Of course you surprised, the ignorance of Europeans about America knows no limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies