Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 11:45 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I give up. I thought you could connect some dots but apparently not.

The other guy is like arguing with a five year old and I honestly think there's some mental deficiency there so I don't engage him, but I thought you could at least understand why the cops were at risk the moment he put his hand on his gun.

I'm positive that if someone near you in a restaurant stood up and put his hand on a gun he had tucked in his waistband that you wouldn't stand there like Bambi caught in the headlights. You'd react somehow.

But you will never admit that, so I'm moving on.
I've seen shootouts before. Been very close to them. Seen the guns pulled before they happened.

I wouldn't have shot the guy. If he unholstered and then turned, posing a threat, I would've fired in self defense. I wouldn't have shot him, with tons of people around, running away from myself and 5 other armed people in bullet proof vest. I would've ducked for cover when he took off or followed pursuit.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:47 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I've seen shootouts before. Been very close to them. Seen the guns pulled before they happened.

I wouldn't have shot the guy. If he unholstered and then turned, posing a threat, I would've fired in self defense. I wouldn't have shot him, with tons of people around, running away from myself and 5 other armed people in bullet proof vest. I would've ducked for cover when he took off or followed pursuit.
I would have never approached or grabbed him to start with.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:50 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,398,530 times
[quote=greatblueheron;52496669]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The residents themselves asked for a police presence in that area, this happens, and now the predictable riots and protests.

Wouldn't matter if the shooting was justified or not, they'd still protest.

How sensitive you are, how understanding....
Even if the "victim" was a Black person that shot first at a White cop, chances are that at least 1 BLM-type protest would occur somewhere in the country.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:52 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,114,371 times
[quote=Eumaois;52509225]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Even if the "victim" was a Black person that shot first at a White cop, chances are that at least 1 BLM-type protest would occur somewhere in the country.
But they ignore all the blacks shooting blacks daily.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:53 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,335 times
Quote:

Thank you John Wayne.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:59 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:

Why didn't they just shoot the gun out of his hand? Maybe one of them could have performed a "Chuck Norris spinning round-house kick" to the hand holding the gun?

Old 07-16-2018, 12:27 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Why didn't they just shoot the gun out of his hand? Maybe one of them could have performed a "Chuck Norris spinning round-house kick" to the hand holding the gun?
Why didn't they just leave him alone?

Old 07-16-2018, 12:37 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,591,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Because he had a gun, and not a license. The initial stop followed the law. You've been told this many times.

Then the idiot decided to run and draw his gun. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Then he aimed it at police. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Some family members lose an idiot who made a number of bad decisions.

Old 07-16-2018, 12:41 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:
Already been explained.

He sure showed them. He did not comply. He showed them he will not be told what to do.

Old 07-16-2018, 12:43 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,907,882 times
Quote:
He was a bad guy who didn't obey the police. Thanks to the police, he has now reformed and is no longer a bad guy..Good shoot...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies