Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 11:35 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,141,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It would be nice if they spoke out against it, but not seeing that.
As a liberal, I'm not going to speak out against it because I think it would be great it we all raised our kids this way. The problem is that that's not going to happen anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 11:51 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
This seems to be true, but does it matter to our society? We're overpopulated, so we don't need every couple to be able to reproduce. If SRS, hormones, etc. are abnormal--what does that really mean? Many things in our society are abnormal but it doesn't follow that they're harmful. Normally, there are two sexes, but is there a reason that it follows that only two genders should be associated with those sexes?
Just because it is a side benefit to lowering reproductive rates by having gays and lesbians, doesn't make LGBTQA behavour "normal". Plus the LGBTQA want children to raise also. Some adopt, but I know several lesbians where one partner had artificial insemination in order to become pregnant. And plenty omany heterosexual couples are fine not having children by using birth control.

Quote:
As a liberal, I'm not going to speak out against it because I think it would be great it we all raised our kids this way. The problem is that that's not going to happen anytime soon.
It's one thing to raise a boy and/or a girl child in a neutral way, such as letting them pick out their own clothes, toys and not suggesting that certain interests or careers are better for one sex over the other... but IMO it is wrong and more confusing to let a children pick the gender that they want to be.

What if a boy wants to become a girl? Does that mean that the parents will offer their children the option of a sex change operation?

I think that many of the issues that millennials suffer from is that their parents raised them to think that they were special, unique and had a wonderful life ahead of them. But in reality, they are just regular average humans like everyone else. So with children, it's really in their best interests to keep it more simple with boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. And the parents would treat them as biological boys and girls, but at the same time making sure that whatever their interests are... their decisions are gender neutral.

Emotionally and because of hormonal changes, boys and girls will be who they will be. And I do think that as they grow up, parents can help them be the best woman and man they can be. And I do believe that the females of our species tend to be more nurturing and wanting true love. And because of hormones and having a penis, men are more sexually motivated. After all. it's difficult to ignore when a penis is getting excited.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Just because it is a side benefit to lowering reproductive rates by having gays and lesbians, doesn't make LGBTQA behavour "normal". Plus the LGBTQA want children to raise also. Some adopt, but I know several lesbians where one partner had artificial insemination in order to become pregnant. And plenty omany heterosexual couples are fine not having children by using birth control.
I didn't say it was normal. I tried to ask why it follows that something that is abnormal is harmful to society.

Quote:
It's one thing to raise a boy and/or a girl child in a neutral way, such as letting them pick out their own clothes, toys and not suggesting that certain interests or careers are better for one sex over the other... but IMO it is wrong and more confusing to let a children pick the gender that they want to be.
I would rather the child know that it's ok than hide it from their parents out of fear they won't be accepted.

Quote:
What if a boy wants to become a girl? Does that mean that the parents will offer their children the option of a sex change operation?
There are different operations transgender people have--not just one operation. But AFAIK, none of those operations are available to minors. I suppose they could tell them those options are available when they get older.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:34 PM

23,991 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Google slavery. Google snuff film. Google pro anorexia sites

Just because something shows up in google doesn't mean it's correct.

#StopGroupThink
If one knows chit from shinola they can assess a reliable source.

There are no anthropologist on this thread.

Afraid to look?

Old 07-25-2018, 03:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
It would be nice if they spoke out against it, but not seeing that.
People in this thread that are fairly liberal are saying this may not be a good idea, for a variety of reasons.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:51 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
I don't know that I think it would be great to raise kids this way once they are in school, but I am all about raising kids minus gender-conforming expectations like "boys have to be tough" or "girls don't like math" or the like.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:09 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
This ridiculous movement stereotypes boy/girl more than any other movement prior.

If you do this/wear this, you're a girl
If you do this/wear this, you're a boy

I grew up with a girl and god help her if she had been born today. She would've been on hormone therapy at age 4. And it would have been 100% WRONG.

What happened to leaving kids alone instead of dictating politic identiy garbage on them?

Old 07-25-2018, 04:11 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't know that I think it would be great to raise kids this way once they are in school, but I am all about raising kids minus gender-conforming expectations like "boys have to be tough" or "girls don't like math" or the like.
i don't know of anyone who says/believes that.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:20 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,230 times
Quote:
This ridiculous movement stereotypes boy/girl more than any other movement prior.

I grew up with a girl and god help her if she had been born today. She would've been on hormone therapy at age 4. And it would have been 100% WRONG.

What happened to leaving kids alone instead of dictating politic identiy garbage on them?
I completely agree.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:

No one is saying that.

Quote:
She would've been on hormone therapy at age 4. .
No one is suggesting that.

Quote:
The idea is to let them be who they are and not pressure them to be something they feel uncomfortable with. All of the stuff in your post is just your fantasy.

I recommend reading Becoming Nicole by Amy Ellis Nutt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies