Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 01:13 PM

1,016 posts, read 787,543 times

Advertisements

How are you supposed to explain this to the school or Doctor? My child doesn't have a gender or we are waiting for them to decide. I really dislike this non gender movement.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...decide-n891836
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 01:16 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Damn!! I really fear the direction that this country is going, and we can thank liberals and their policies for it.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:18 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Damn!! I really fear the direction that this country is going, and we can thank liberals and their policies for it.
So we need a law to stop it?

Old 07-22-2018, 01:21 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,711,567 times
Sick parents.

These kids will end up on a couch for years of therapy.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:23 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
So we need a law to stop it?
We already have child abuse laws. This falls squarely there.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:26 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,729,801 times
Bizarre. And I say this as someone who is pro-trans rights and pro-respecting everyone no matter whether their gender correlates with their biological sex.

I totally get not adhering to gender roles with children when it comes to dressing them and buying toys for them. My daughter often wore her older brother's hand-me-downs as a baby/toddler (though she also had plenty of dresses). Both kids played with dolls, dollhouses, trucks, play kitchens, art supplies, Transformers, and so on. And my son went through a phase when he was about three where he wanted to wear a hair "scrunchie" all the time. Fine, whatever. Don't dress your daughters in pink and buy your boys dollies... that stuff is all cultural anyway and it doesn't really matter.

But going out of your way to not let anyone know whether you have a son or a daughter? That's just weird and puts way too much emphasis on gender. I know the idea is not to put any emphasis on it, but like it or not, we are a two-gender society. I think it's safe enough to assume that your child's gender lines up with his or her biological sex. If it turns out it doesn't, they'll let you know and you can deal with it at that point. Why create/assume a problem/conflict when none exists, which is true something like 99% of the time?

I wouldn't say it's child abuse, though. I mean, it probably makes no difference in the long run and the kids are happy enough. I just think it puts a very odd emphasis on something that shouldn't really matter. Won't harm babies/toddlers in the least, but once they go to preschool, they're going to feel weird being in this undefined group of one (or two, in the case of the twins). I understand that some children do have the issue of not fitting in with their biological sex when they are very young, but why would anyone want to set up their kid for that feeling when chances are very very very very very small that it would be an issue otherwise?

Old 07-22-2018, 01:42 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,653 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Very stupid. Stupid also that it’s a msm story as I doubt many are doing this. Just clickbait. I’m certain that people enjoy being outraged as it is an industry these days.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:45 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Bizarre. And I say this as someone who is pro-trans rights and pro-respecting everyone no matter whether their gender correlates with their biological sex.

I totally get not adhering to gender roles with children when it comes to dressing them and buying toys for them. My daughter often wore her older brother's hand-me-downs as a baby/toddler (though she also had plenty of dresses). Both kids played with dolls, dollhouses, trucks, play kitchens, art supplies, Transformers, and so on. And my son went through a phase when he was about three where he wanted to wear a hair "scrunchie" all the time. Fine, whatever. Don't dress your daughters in pink and buy your boys dollies... that stuff is all cultural anyway and it doesn't really matter.

But going out of your way to not let anyone know whether you have a son or a daughter? That's just weird and puts way too much emphasis on gender. I know the idea is not to put any emphasis on it, but like it or not, we are a two-gender society. I think it's safe enough to assume that your child's gender lines up with his or her biological sex. If it turns out it doesn't, they'll let you know and you can deal with it at that point. Why create/assume a problem/conflict when none exists, which is true something like 99% of the time?

I wouldn't say it's child abuse, though. I mean, it probably makes no difference in the long run and the kids are happy enough. I just think it puts a very odd emphasis on something that shouldn't really matter. Won't harm babies/toddlers in the least, but once they go to preschool, they're going to feel weird being in this undefined group of one (or two, in the case of the twins). I understand that some children do have the issue of not fitting in with their biological sex when they are very young, but why would anyone want to set up their kid for that feeling when chances are very very very very very small that it would be an issue otherwise?
I kind of agree. The fact that the parents in the article seemed so reluctant to explain to their children the meaning of the words "he" and "she" seemed very odd. Are they going to be that coy when the kids start asking where babies come from?

Let the kids wear what they want and play what they want, and if they express concerns about their gender identity, treat that with respect, but pretending male and female don't exist won't make them go away.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:47 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
These parents should be arrested and waterboarded for child abuse. Anyone want to bet in 10-15 years we'll see a spike in suicides among young people. And the stupid parents will never blame themselves.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:55 PM

21,146 posts, read 19,729,843 times
It shows the ignorance of parents who don’t know the difference between a child’s sex and cultural norms of clothing and toys. If your son likes to wear dresses and play with Barbie Dolls but he has a penis, he is still a boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies