Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2018, 04:53 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Medical malpractice attorneys are like sharks. If there’s even the slightest chance of meal, they’re taking a bite. If you couldn’t find a one to take your case, the case must have had no actionable items.
It was a lot easier years ago to sue, and many attorneys were called ambulance chasers..I remember hearing this. It's all changed.

Old 07-27-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
4 law firms, who by the way are in business to make money, reviewed your case and found it had no merit. Doesn’t that tell you something?

Hint: It’s not that you had a case. And it’s not that negligence was a reason for your outcome.
You know it's time to get off the lawsuit issue. The topic is Cancer and Politics.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:02 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Many people die worldwide of medical mistakes. I'm not holding Adelle responsible for what happened years ago in her life. I'm thankful that MANY of us have other sources to heal our bodies and not have to depend on toxic drugs. Everyone has stories and that is what it is. My sister died from mega drugs given her for years due to the MS she battled..oh if only she had sought out other MD types. I believe she was poisoned with the load of toxic drugs.
That's the problem. She should be held responsible for the damage she did.

Your sister died from MS. You may "believe" all you wish. That does not make your beliefs into facts. How old was your sister when she died? How long after she was first diagnosed did she die?

What happens when MS patients stop their medication?

https://nyulangone.org/press-release...eir-medication

"After discontinuing medication, 24 percent of patients experienced a clinician-reported relapse, 32 percent sustained three-month disability progression, and 10.6 percent of patients recorded both relapses and disability progression.

Researchers found 77 patients—or 42 percent—restarted medication after a median of 22 months. Restarting medication was associated with a 59 percent risk reduction of disability progression."

Quote:
Every day I hold the surgeon responsible for the almost disability I live with from a hip replacement 8 yrs ago that HE really botched.

Don't talk about who is holding whom responsible for whatever. This thread has gone everywhere.

What's the deal about "team"... everyone has their own teams for working to heal? good grief again. Good thing I can laugh so much of the comments off or I'd be breeding dis-ease, could be?

On this "team" comment, it is a sad commentary that ALL doctors won't work together to achieve the best healing for their patients..that's called Integrative Healing. My main MD is an Integrative MD...if I need a drug, she can write it...but otherwise alternative most of the way.
You have provided no evidence that your orthopedist "botched" your hip surgery. You assume that because it was a Friday he was rushing to finish. You chose him because he had a good reputation. That suggests that he has more than adequate skills. There are patient factors involved in recovery, too. If others got good results and you did not, perhaps it was because you personally did not heal as well as the average person does after an operation.

Doctors will be happy to use any modality that has scientific evidence to support its use.

Quote:
Oh one has to be almost dead to do malpractice. Believe me I went there with the recent staph infection and the negligence of the MD's getting to the infection...2.5 months trying to walk with the infection flaming.

I support where I can and what I find really helps me. Finally after 10 yrs of A/D drugs for depression a great D.O. put me on thyroid support (Armour) and that horrid depression lifted. 10 yrs of negligent doctors.

I know negligence and I know good.
Fro what you have said in other threads you initially injured your knee. You believe that an MRI done as soon as you saw the doctor would have shown the infection, despite being told that knee infections are not diagnosed with MRI. They are diagnosed by placing a needle in the joint and looking for bacteria in the fluid found there. At some point in your hospital stay that test was done. If you had an infection when the joint was aspirated, it would have been found. From little nuggets of information you have doled out in myriad posts about your knee, the infection developed while you were in the hospital and was not present on admission. The multiple attornies you consulted appear to agree.

Depression due to hypothyroidism does not "lift" after four days on thyroid hormone replacement. Placing someone on thyroid medication without laboratory evidence of thyroid disease is poor medical practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why won't the FDA investigate the 100,000+ deaths caused each year (probably more now, that study is 20 years old) by medications that are properly prescribed and properly taken by patients?

Published, peer-reviewed article in JAMA -- that's the Journal of the American Medical Association, one of the top 3 in the WORLD -- by Barbara Starfield, in 1999. When asked if anyone from the FDA had contacted her, concerned about all these needless deaths of people dying who correctly followed doctor's advice she said:

"No."

PS. Any headway on that report that lists all the deaths caused by laetrile? No? Why was it banned then? If it killed NO ONE?
Let's look at the article, shall we?

https://www.jhsph.edu/research/cente..._PDFs/A154.pdf

"For example, US estimates of the combined effect of errors and adverse effects that occur because of iatrogenic damage not associated with recognizable error include:

First, note that the numbers include events that are not due to mistakes. That is a horrible way to look at them. It does not tell us how many of the deaths were preventable.

• 12000 deaths/year from unnecessary surgery
• 7000 deaths/year from medication errors in hospitals
• 20000 deaths/year from other errors in hospitals
• 80000 deaths/year from nosocomial infections in hospitals
• 106000 deaths/year from nonerror, adverse effects of medications"

1. What is the definition of "unnecessary surgery"? Only the patient and the doctor can decide whether surgery is indicated for that particular patient. Given two people with identical circumstances, one might opt for surgery and one might choose non-surgical treatment. Surgery is never necessary or unnecessary, it is indicated or not indicated, though some indications might be stronger than others.

Take a woman who decides to have a surgical sterilization procedure and has a fatal pulmonary embolus afterward. Does that mean she died from "unnecessary" surgery? After all, she could have chosen some other method of contraception.

2. What kinds of medication errors? Wrong drug? Wrong dose? Missed dose? Dose given at the wrong time? Did the error really cause the death? Did it happen to a patient who was terminal anyway?

Getting a dose of an antibiotic fifteen minutes later than it was ordered is not going to cause someone to die from an infection, but it is an error.

3. What are those 20000 deaths from "other errors"? Missed diagnosis? Wrong treatment? Slips and falls? How many were preventable?

4. If deaths are from "nonerror, adverse effects of medications" how can they be prevented? The drugs that can have the most dangerous risks are used for serious indications in very sick people who may very well die without the drug.

As I told you before, no one knows how many people the laetrile quacks have killed. No one is counting them. The quacks certainly do not want to tell us how many they have bumped off. The case reports of deaths were numerous enough to alert the FDA, which triggered the same response that case reports of deaths related to prescription drugs would produce.

It's ironic that you are talking about deaths "from nonerror, adverse effects of medications" while you refuse to believe that laetrile can kill.

Quote:
Right. Doctors can kill people with no recourse through their direct actions (as in surgery) or prescriptions (taken by patient as directed). They are legally protected. I fully understand what that means. Absolutely. They are allowed to kill people. I get it.

Do you?
Dang. If that is true why do they spend so much money on medical liability insurance?

Old 07-28-2018, 05:28 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Many people die worldwide of medical mistakes. I'm not holding Adelle responsible for what happened years ago in her life. I'm thankful that MANY of us have other sources to heal our bodies and not have to depend on toxic drugs. Everyone has stories and that is what it is. My sister died from mega drugs given her for years due to the MS she battled..oh if only she had sought out other MD types. I believe she was poisoned with the load of toxic drugs.

You make a statement like that and wonder why so many people don't want to hear much else of what you have to say
The next bolded remark is the only true one.

Old 07-28-2018, 07:43 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Let's look at the article, shall we?

https://www.jhsph.edu/research/cente..._PDFs/A154.pdf

"For example, US estimates of the combined effect of errors and adverse effects that occur because of iatrogenic damage not associated with recognizable error include:

First, note that the numbers include events that are not due to mistakes. That is a horrible way to look at them. It does not tell us how many of the deaths were preventable.

• 12000 deaths/year from unnecessary surgery
• 7000 deaths/year from medication errors in hospitals
• 20000 deaths/year from other errors in hospitals
• 80000 deaths/year from nosocomial infections in hospitals
• 106000 deaths/year from nonerror, adverse effects of medications"

As I told you before, no one knows how many people the laetrile quacks have killed. No one is counting them. The quacks certainly do not want to tell us how many they have bumped off. The case reports of deaths were numerous enough to alert the FDA, which triggered the same response that case reports of deaths related to prescription drugs would produce. Where are the case reports? Links please.

It's ironic that you are talking about deaths "from nonerror, adverse effects of medications" while you refuse to believe that laetrile can kill. Evidence dear. Show me the studies that PROVE laetrile killed people.

Dang. If that is true why do they spend so much money on medical liability insurance?
It is spelled out 100% clearly. Reading comprehension. Unnecessary > error >> hospital induced illness. As well as being killed by medications that were used properly. Killed.

But I realize you don't care and have zero sympathy for anyone killed by the medical industry. I mean, those deaths are OK, according to you. Cost of doing business, shrug.

If no one knows how many people were killed by laetrile, how can you claim it kills people? You can't. That's not science. That's not evidence based. And it should never be policy. Otherwise we can ban anything and everything because of whims. There is no evidence. Oh, wait, *quackwatch* good gawd.

Indeed. Why do they have insurance? For when they are legally and intentionally negligent./eyeroll/

Old 07-28-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You make a statement like that and wonder why so many people don't want to hear much else of what you have to say
The next bolded remark is the only true one.
WHY do you bother to read my info and continue to say WHY do people want to read my stuff? It's really kinda funny when one thinks about the huge table of life and some can bring so much to the table and others like to knock things off the table. I'd love to hear from you besides attacks. How about some good info.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-28-2018 at 10:35 AM..

Old 07-28-2018, 12:20 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,494,854 times
Quote:
Was that on the death certificate?

Old 07-28-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Was that on the death certificate?
Oh please, she died from MS and all it's complications. I did not ask to read her D.C. We lived 3000 miles away for the last 50 yrs. How many people do you ask for D.C. I believe she took too too many toxic drugs. All this from the MS MD's.

Old 07-28-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
It is spelled out 100% clearly. Reading comprehension. Unnecessary > error >> hospital induced illness. As well as being killed by medications that were used properly. Killed.

But I realize you don't care and have zero sympathy for anyone killed by the medical industry. I mean, those deaths are OK, according to you. Cost of doing business, shrug.

If no one knows how many people were killed by laetrile, how can you claim it kills people? You can't. That's not science. That's not evidence based. And it should never be policy. Otherwise we can ban anything and everything because of whims. There is no evidence. Oh, wait, *quackwatch* good gawd.

Indeed. Why do they have insurance? For when they are legally and intentionally negligent./eyeroll/
The "unnecessary" referred specifically to surgery. Who makes that determination? In essence, it is retrospective. A person has a fatal complication from an operation. There existed some alternative treatment that the patient chose not to use and the conclusion is that the surgery was "unnecessary." Surgery is performed to save life, reduce suffering and disability, and improve function. Should "necessity" be confined to only lifesaving procedures with no alternatives?

Which "properly used" medications are we talking about? Antibiotics, which can cause fatal allergic reactions? Cancer treatment drugs? My son took multiple drugs for his leukemia, any of which could have killed him. The disease he had was 100% fatal without those medications. They were not only indicated, they were necessary for him to survive. How about blood thinners for people who have problems with abnormal clotting? Yes, the drugs can cause bleeding, but without them another clot could be fatal.

It's because I care that I post here. Please link to any post I have made that says I "have zero sympathy for anyone killed by the medical industry". It will take a while, since I have never said that.

Deaths from laetrile have been confirmed. That is why it was banned. Since there is no benefit to using it, the benefit to risk ratio is zero. Zero (benefit) divided by one death (risk) results in 0/1 = 0 benefit. You could make the number of deaths ten or a thousand or a million. The benefit still does not justify the risk: it is still zero.

Do only deaths count? How about those in whom cyanide poisoning is recognized and successfully treated? Any death from "properly used" medications is unacceptable to you but deaths from laetrile are perfectly fine, even though laetrile has no medical benefit at all?

https://efsa.onlinelibrary.wiley.com...efsa.2016.4424

Why would doctors have liability insurance at all, if, as you claimed, they are immune from being sued? How many doctors do you think are "intentionally negligent"?

Old 07-28-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I believe she took too too many toxic drugs. All this from the MS MD's.
If you do not know her cause of death, how do you know it was due to "too many toxic drugs"?

Believing something is insufficient to make it true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies