Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 12:14 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
things just got a wee bit more interesting:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-camp...154521895.html

i wouldn't doubt if michael avenatti offers to represent omarosa.
Now, that would be hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 12:22 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Keep bringing out the tapes, Omarosa. There is nothing like seeing these liars exposed for what they are.

i think this is one of the reasons they are doing a slow-release on the tapes.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:27 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
A black friend of mine said that if he refused to work for anybody who he suspected or knew to be racist, he'd've had a much shorter career. And no, he doesn't think *everybody* he ever worked for is/was racist. He's just aware they're out there, and sometimes he just decided for the sake of earning a living, he'd find a way to deal with it.

Granted, Omarosa probably has/had a *lot* more options than my friend (and he also entered the work force a few years after she was born, so the times were undoubtedly different), but it did make me wonder if, like him, she had encountered that mindset enough times that she pushed it down the list of 'things she would concern herself with for the sake of the job', if that makes sense.

Having said that.....I don't like either her *or* Trump, but Trump is infinitely worse.
Omorosa is the primary beneficiary of actor Michael Clarke Duncan's estate. She's not the trustee, so she can't recklessly spend the assets. She gets most of the income that is generated. The money from the White House job was frosting, but I doubt that was her primary motivation for wanting to work there. I think her primary motivation was a desire for attention......she's an attention hound.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:29 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Who cares? Trump should never have put her in the White House. Period. With the taxpayer paying her $179,000 a year to do NOTHING .

NOW - he's dealing with the repercussions.

Turns out - he DOESN'T only hire the best.

Omarosa is a horrible human being - no doubt about it. I don't know that we can believe one word she says. But one thing she's not and that is dumb. She will ride her newest 15 minutes of fame as long as she can. This ain't her first media rodeo.

She's got big brass ones that is for sure.
Sure, Omarosa is an opportunist. You'd think she wouldn't know Trump was a racist well before The Apprentice and going to work for him?

That said, it speaks poorly about Trump and his administration about their ability to

1) judge and hire appropriate people

2 ) shoddy management of security if Omarosa was able to record a conversation in the Situation Room or other places.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:30 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
You dont know which one is worse? How about the one that isnt helping our economy, unemployment, and safety at the border huh?
I agree, Trump is the worst.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:34 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
One thing that occurred to me about the Omarosa book and the tapes "business" is that why would she work for an entire year (and longer if one counts her time with "The Apprentice") for someone she knew to be racist? Is she completely without any personal ethics at all? This would seem to indicate so --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omarosa_Manigault

I actually knew very little about her except for the fact that she had been on "The Apprentice" and was hired as part of Trump's team, so I looked it up and I was positively aghast at her history. (My opinion is that she and Trump are two of a kind in many ways.)

And if she did knowingly work for a racist, how can she possibly act so outraged and feel justified in "attacking" Trump now?

(Oh, yeah -- fame and money. )
If there is a heaven, and the people/souls up there have the ability to watch what is going on down here, I wonder what the late actor Michael Clarke Duncan thinks about how this is unfolding ?

(He and Omorosa were a couple (and were living together) when he died).

Old 08-14-2018, 12:38 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Fox News contributor Geraldo Rivera goes after Trump's disgusting insults.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1029390703196028928

Old 08-14-2018, 12:39 PM

1,227 posts, read 634,088 times
Don’t bite the hand that feeds you, Omarosa.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:41 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
If the roles and races were reversed....

Can you imagine if Obama called a white woman a dog? Can you imagine Hannity that night?!

Old 08-14-2018, 12:46 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,932,094 times
ironic it took another reality TV star to bring down a Russian Manchurian candidate. This is the end for the Trump train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies