Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 05:14 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times

Advertisements

More signs of global warming. I expect the same nonsense, inanities, and vacuous comments from the Global Warming denialists. The rising worldwide temperatures are what are predicted from anthropological climate change. The science is settled on this matter.

The purpose of this thread is to point out the trends. If you care about future generations, you will want action taken immediately. If not, I suppose they can just burn.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...cid=spartanntp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 05:25 AM

25,850 posts, read 16,537,070 times
What action would matter with 7 billion people on the planet? Where were you when the Chinese parked their bicycles in favor of automobiles fairly recently? If this thing is happening, it’s happening and there’s not a damn thing that will stop it. You liberals have this sunny view of humankind, but the reality is it would take WWIII to get people to change.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:28 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
More signs of global warming. I expect the same nonsense, inanities, and vacuous comments from the Global Warming denialists. The rising worldwide temperatures are what are predicted from anthropological climate change. The science is settled on this matter.

The purpose of this thread is to point out the trends. If you care about future generations, you will want action taken immediately. If not, I suppose they can just burn.

They won’t burn, they will adapt.

If it happens, but keep reporting the weather.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:28 AM

I’ve been doing all I can for the last 15 years personally. I drive an efficient car, I don’t burn fossil fuels for entertainment. My utility is an industry leader in green energy production.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:29 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I’ve been doing all I can for the last 15 years personally. I drive an efficient car, I don’t burn fossil fuels for entertainment. My utility is an industry leader in green energy production.
I burn wood for heat, I burn my garbage, and I drive what I please.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:35 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
What action would matter with 7 billion people on the planet? Where were you when the Chinese parked their bicycles in favor of automobiles fairly recently? If this thing is happening, it’s happening and there’s not a damn thing that will stop it. You liberals have this sunny view of humankind, but the reality is it would take WWIII to get people to change.
Wow an honest and accurate post.
Normally when people talk about change, what they mean is everyone else has to change, or everyone else or anyone else should have to pay for it. The perfect example and I do mean perfect is All Gore. His carbon footprint was equal to about a small town. He wasn't changing anything in regards to himself, but demanded that everyone else sacrifice and change. Your Hollywood elites do the same thing. Obama and others claim walls are bad, but surround their personal estates with walls.
The planet is hot. I live in a very hot place on the planet. My neighbor who from Belgium complains all the time about climate change and how countries like the USA need to do something about it.
My house has solar panels to make electricity. His does not.
My house uses a geothermal heat pump for A/C. His a cheap central air unit.
My house (one of the few here) double wall construction and well insulated. His block wall and no insulation not even in the attic.
I drive a Honda city. 16 km to the liter. He drives a diesel pick up.
I didn't do all this because I was worried about climate change. I did it as an investment. Everything saves me money today and tomorrow .
Yeah it's always everyone elses job to change, to spend their money, to sacrifice.
Liberals love to spend everyone elses money on their pet projects.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:37 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:

Wait, what about the difference between weather and climate that you people are always whinging about?

Does that only apply in the wintertime?

Just a brief primer to help people understand the warmists better:
Summer = Man-made global warming
Winter = Just weather

Old 07-04-2018, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I burn wood for heat, I burn my garbage, and I drive what I please.
I don’t judge anyone. I do what I do mostly because of my own values that just happen to align with these climate change hucksters. I just believe in using less and efficiency.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:44 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times
Quote:
I am not so fatalistic. The world came together on CFCs. As a result the ozone layer is rebuilding itself. I do not think you could reach the same agreement today despite the science because entrenched special interests would seek to undermine any agreement.

We should have stood in the Paris Accords. It was a small step but one in the right direction.

I do not have a sunny view of humankind as much as appealing to mutual self-interest. It is in our interest to solve this issue, or at this point, contain it.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:44 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:

OK Mr Liberal --- how do you propose to end global warming? And....do be specific!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies