Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 09:58 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Renewable energy is great, but the costs are high. The roads are still packed with Suburbans and Explorers with only one occupant on my drive to work, most of those folks believe much more in climate change than I.
Pay now or pay more later. Those roads that are packed with Suburbans and Explorers are buckling under the heat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaj4OHy0a1g
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 09:58 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
More signs of global warming. I expect the same nonsense, inanities, and vacuous comments from the Global Warming denialists. The rising worldwide temperatures are what are predicted from anthropological climate change. The science is settled on this matter.

The purpose of this thread is to point out the trends. If you care about future generations, you will want action taken immediately. If not, I suppose they can just burn.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...cid=spartanntp

The same "Global warming" people have been making predictions for DECADES and NONE have come true.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:01 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
LMAO. Most farmers are conservatives. Always have been. I would say that they understand challenge intimately.
I am a right leaning independent. My beliefs are conservative, yet my home is built to be as green as possible.
Im green not because I believe what the alleged experts say, but because I like clean air, I like saving money and I likening as energy independent as possible. My house in the states was built with the same ideals in mind.
Unlike the elitists on the left who talk about what we all should do, but do the opposite, I actually put my money where my mouth is and did it, not once but twice.
As a "right leaning independent", you've likely been convinced by years of specious arguments from conservatives that climate change is some kind of worldwide, conspiratorial hoax. Perhaps you'd be better served to listen to scientists over television and radio personalities and conservative politicians, all of whom have two things in common:

1) They have a financial interest in denying basic science.
2) They don't understand the science behind climate change.

I commend you for making your home energy efficient, but the financial savings of doing so are a great motivator to become "green". I'll venture a guess you weren't worried about climate change when you made your domicile energy efficient, but I commend you for doing so, and think that many others are doing the same these days. My next home will have solar roof tiles, or some kind of way to capture solar energy. I double insulated my recent home addition (including the crawl space) and the cost savings in the summer are incredible. All this heat (90's every day) and my energy bills the last two months have been $65 and $75.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:02 AM

599 posts, read 276,883 times
Wait...is it global warming or climate change?

Please stick to your talking point or I lose interest.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:02 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The same "Global warming" people have been making predictions for DECADES and NONE have come true.
Really?? Read the link. This is exactly as predicted.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:05 AM

8,494 posts, read 6,900,248 times
Global warming has gotten to the point where it’s probably irreversible. Humankind just waited too long influenced by big business and corrupt politicians who didn’t want to diminish profits for corporations. This generation will probably escape the worst effects of rising temperations. I fear that the ongoing generations on Mother Earth will face an Armageddon of unimaginable proportions.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:07 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Global warming has gotten to the point where it’s probably irreversible. Humankind just waited too long influenced by big business and corrupt politicians who didn’t want to diminish profits for corporations. This generation will probably escape the worst effects of rising temperations. I fear that the ongoing generations on Mother Earth will face an Armageddon of unimaginable proportions.
Such as?

Old 07-04-2018, 10:10 AM

31,081 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I am not so fatalistic. The world came together on CFCs. As a result the ozone layer is rebuilding itself I do not think you could reach the same agreement today despite the science because entrenched special interests would seek to undermine any agreement.

We should have stood in the Paris Accords. It was a small step but one in the right direction.

I do not have a sunny view of humankind as much as appealing to mutual self-interest. It is in our interest to solve this issue, or at this point, contain it.
"The Paris Accord"? Where we gave up everything and the Chinese who send their polluting fuel oil powered ships all over the world got a break until 2030? What a joke!

Old 07-04-2018, 10:12 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Excuseme, I need to go drive a mile long oil train with six engines attached. Trust me I will use notch eight just to have them belch out copious amounts of black exhaust.

Breathe deep

Old 07-04-2018, 10:13 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Breathe deep
I stay in my air conditioned cab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies