Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 02:35 PM

501 posts, read 303,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Quick, what did Manafort DO to earn that money? Ohhh...he made millions putting a Russian stooge into office in another country. Right.
.. and that has what to do with Russians interfering in the US elections, exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 02:36 PM

37,178 posts, read 19,186,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
This was not ANY lawyer
And what was offered was material on HRC--by a Russian attorney who has worked for the Russian government and has history of doing some dealings on behalf of shady clients
At this point we don't know what information was really on offer
They could have offered to HACK HRC and produce her "missing emails"
They could have offered to hack the DNC and get their plans/strategy to go against the RNC candidate

We really have no accurate idea what was offered and what was the quid pro quo for that info

If you want to trust the Trumps--which I am sure you do--that is on you
Personally I know that the Trumps and their shills have lied every step of the way about their contacts w/Russians

And w/o a clean bill of health from Mueller's investigation I will continue to believe Trump because of his past history getting Russians to buy into his construction deals w/money they needed to launder, because he met privately w/Putin on more than one occasion, because people who were likely used by Michael Steele in his dossier to provide authentication of his intelligence gathering were killed soon after Trump was given briefings by the Intel people and then met privately w/Kysliak the Russian ambassador and couple of others in the Oval Office, because Kushner attempted to create a totally private channel to have conversation with the Russians outside any oversight by the FBI or other Intel body, because Kushner has himself taken money from foreign governments to bolster his own business and been implicated in trading favors for $$...

I could go on--but I am sure you turned off your attention after I said Trump lied...
We don't know what went on in that room, or whether any information was received by Junior from the Russian or not. All we have to go on is the letter about adoption Daddy wrote, and he wasn't in the room, unless he was listening in on the phone. For all we know, Junior left the meeting with a flash drive in his pocket.

Betcha Bobby Three Sticks knows, though.

Last edited by cuebald; 08-14-2018 at 03:01 PM..

Old 08-14-2018, 02:36 PM

57,242 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terr View Post
No, he isn't. Michael Steele is a former head of RNC.
I meant Christopher David Steele.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:37 PM

501 posts, read 303,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
The ongoing Special Counsel investigation is a United States law enforcement and counterintelligence investigation of the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, including an investigation of any possible links and/or coordination between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the Russian government, "and any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."
... and Manafort's misdeeds (which were already investigated by the DOJ, by the way, years ago, and DOJ decided not to charge him) - how exactly did they "arise directly from the investigation"? What connection do they have to Russians meddling in the US election?

Last edited by Terr; 08-14-2018 at 02:49 PM..

Old 08-14-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Sometimes I think some of the Russian trolls are right here running interference for Comrade Trump.
Goes without saying. There were two of them a couple of months back with severe syntax problems writing in English who posted a few times and disappeared.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:43 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,476,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Michael Steele was a respected MI6 agent, he was an expert on Russia for quite some time and has the intelligence inside their country. He was key in bringing down the World Soccer executives, so no it wasn’t just a bunch of brits.
1. its Christopher steele

2. he is a FORMER MI6 agent, with no current ties to Russia, his entire lie-osier is nothing but 3rd and 4th hand innuendos and rumors

Old 08-14-2018, 02:46 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. its Christopher steele

2. he is a FORMER MI6 agent, with no current ties to Russia, his entire lie-osier is nothing but 3rd and 4th hand innuendos and rumors
"There's totally no crime here. Also, everybody does it!"

Man, I hope all y'all aren't defense lawyers.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:48 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terr View Post
... and Manafort's misdeeds (which were already investigated by the FBI, by the way, years ago, and FBI decided not to charge him) - how exactly did they "arise directly from the investigation"? What connection do they have to Russians meddling in the US election?
"How dare you prosecute my client for the meth lab in the garage when the warrant clearly states you were supposed to be looking for a stolen car!"

Old 08-14-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Maybe you are being to hard on them - we got an admission that paying a bunch of Brits to write a fake dossier & shop it around the US Media "is a crime". That's progress.

"Getting material help from a foreign country is in fact a crime. Period."
What makes you say it's fake? Have you read Glenn Simpson's testimony? Simpson knew more about the Dossier than anyone except Steele, and he covered it extensively.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:53 PM

669 posts, read 320,790 times
I predict acquittal. The testimony by the forensic accountants are not that detailed, their star witness also embezzled and clearly had the incentive to say whatever he could to get off, and the Bank CEO approved loans knowingly in hopes of political favors. Sure there was swindling, but likely not to the point where the Prosecution hopes it ends up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies